Hacking What the hell?

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'Ve tried to install my Unity4WiiU-Demo I made, which contains a .tik, .cert and .tmd file (+ some h3 and app files) but I get the same error.
install0psrz.jpg
You do not say if you were installing on a dev or retail unit.
But as stated before, if you didn't downlaoad it from NUS Do NOT install it.
There is next to NO chance you have an app signed for retail.
There are NO disabling of signature checks currently. So your effort is most likely wasted.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
You do not say if you were installing on a dev or retail unit.
But as stated before, if you didn't downlaoad it from NUS Do NOT install it.
There is next to NO chance you have an app signed for retail.
There are NO disabling of signature checks currently. So your effort is most likely wasted.
I tried to install it on my Retail unit (NAND Backup exists if needed). A Dev Unit is too expensive for someone like me :(
Yea, probably it's only dev-signed but I just wanted to try it anyways.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to install it on my Retail unit (NAND Backup exists if needed). A Dev Unit is too expensive for someone like me :(
Yea, probably it's only dev-signed but I just wanted to try it anyways.
Actually, the tickets (.tik) are not signed. They only contain the header or some meta info stuff, including the title key of course. Likely this is because dev units don't need that bit. Signed .tik's should be atleast 3kb, comparing from what I have in my collection.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Updates have always worked. Thanks for the SS to confirm it doesn't just fail though. I can get 3 errors while attempting to fakesign doing different shit. Maybe someone can tell me what they mean. Not really care about bricks. Lol. I didn't get these errors using my own with the check removed, they just froze on install saying 0mb.

0xFFFBF440
0xFFFBF442
0xFFFBF448

Or tell me which image in OSv11 would be the spot to look. kernel? fw?

I can't get decrypted fw.img to load right in ida. but it has occurences of 442 and 448. most of it is listed as bytes in ida for me, though I think i followed @NWPlayer123 's tutorial right. Maybe someone could rewrite it better. It wont even load if I dont do the "elf" method. gets stuck on python module....

hyunsuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's normal.
WUPinstaller works with update game data.

Updates have always worked. Thanks for the SS to confirm it doesn't just fail though. I can get 3 errors while attempting to fakesign doing different shit. Maybe someone can tell me what they mean. Not really care about bricks. Lol. I didn't get these errors using my own with the check removed, they just froze on install saying 0mb.

0xFFFBF440
0xFFFBF442
0xFFFBF448
Yep, definitely got the error code! lol

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

0xFFFBF440
0xFFFBF442
0xFFFBF448

Or tell me which image in OSv11 would be the spot to look. kernel? fw?

I can't get decrypted fw.img to load right in ida. but it has occurences of 442 and 448. most of it is listed as bytes in ida for me, though I think i followed @NWPlayer123 's tutorial right. Maybe someone could rewrite it better. It wont even load if I dont do the "elf" method. gets stuck on python module....

http://gbatemp.net/threads/ida-stuff.424786/

Had a link with ida files with decrypted and commented fw info.

Reactions: EclipseSin

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See if @davetheshrew has a valid link or better yet an updated version. The original one posted was from the end of April or the beginning of May.
Well, I'm using 5.3.2 still personally, so I'll be looking through those files. It wouldn't be a bad idea though considering the comments it may include. Thanks again.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm using 5.3.2 still personally, so I'll be looking through those files. It wouldn't be a bad idea though considering the comments it may include. Thanks again.

If you are going to do it yourself with 5.3.2, read the instructions how to set things up manually in the OP of that thread. It is one of the best write ups I've seen.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are going to do it yourself with 5.3.2, read the instructions how to set things up manually in the OP of that thread. It is one of the best write ups I've seen.
Yea, I got it going now. I forgot about that thread to be honest, and could only find NWPlayer's when I came back to mess with stuff. I have it loading fine now, and also think I see the errors :) I don't think we can bypass them though without communication with IOS. I'll probably have to look at wupinstaller and wupserver to see if we can finagle anything together. Alone it's probably a very grim chance though. Haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44