Homebrew What is the best NES Emulator for the DS?

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, nesDS. I'm using an old version before it had savestates (rewind/fast-forward only), and it still works perfectly for my purposes.

me too
smile.gif

nesDS has savestates ? time to upgrade...

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Grrr, I do all you say, DanTheManMS, it works, but then says "No ROMS found"
wtf.gif

Which should not be, since all the ROMS are in the folder with nesDS in it.
dry.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might be the issue then. The MMD is kinda picky about homebrew. However, I have a few things you can try:
1. Make sure your card is not corrupted. Worst case, you can copy all your data from your card, reformat, then copy it all back.
2. Make sure you're getting the very latest version from the official NES DS website. http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/nesDS/
3. Try patching with both the MMD's DLDI file and the MMP's DLDI file. nesDS.nds can only hold one DLDI file, so you may wish to make a copy of it so you can have two separate files that are each patched differently. DLDIrc should have both of these files built-in, though you'll have to reinstall it if you didn't pick both the first time around.

That should at least get you to the file browser point.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I may ask, what was the solution? If it was something strange, it would be good to know so I can diagnose the problem faster in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E