Homebrew What is the best NES Emulator for the DS?

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, nesDS. I'm using an old version before it had savestates (rewind/fast-forward only), and it still works perfectly for my purposes.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the touchscreen code has always been screwed up. Interestingly enough, I read a report of the same file being used on two different homebrew devices with the touchscreen being accurate on one and horribly inaccurate on the other.

On my Supercard SD, the latest version from the official site is accurate enough for my purposes.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I got a question about this nesDS, how do i put games in it? (I know I'm a noob
sleep.gif
')

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download nesDS.nds. DLDI patch nesDS.nds if necessary. Copy nesDS.nds to your card. Copy .nes games to your card. Launch nesDS.nds.

Very easy. There IS a method of packaging the games into the *.nds file itself, but this is usually not necessary.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it gives you a DLDI error, then you didn't patch it with DLDI, which is why it can't access your filesystem. Some cards auto-patch, but you never said what device you were using so I can't tell if yours does or not.

Info on DLDI patching can be found at the DLDI wiki - http://dldi.drunkencoders.com

I recommend using DLDIrc for patching, personally.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nesDS, but the touchscreen is messed up. I've messed up save states by clicking on load instead and vice versa one too many times, which is really annoying.
It would've been gold if save states could've been handled by the regular controls, like in jEnesisDS.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download DLDIrc. Install DLDIrc. Right-click nesDS.nds and choose the patching option. Then follow the rest of the steps from before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse