Gaming what is the best mmorpg out there?

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the thing about GW2, you can't trade with other players. It all goes through auction houses. Gems can't be sold to players, only to the game. The exchange rate is always changing too. It's also very easy to get good gear. Once you hit level 80, you can run a 10 minute dungeon and get tokens. After 2 or 3 runs, you'll have enough tokens to exchange for an exotic piece. So even if you buy gems and exchange for gold, you're getting ripped off by a lot. I just checked and 800 gems is roughly 30 gold right now, which is $10. A decent exotic costs around 5 gold with the better skinned and precursors going to the 400-500 gold.
Also, PVP is completely separate from the main game. Everyone can make any build with any gear in PVP. All you do there is win the skins and rank up.
In WVW it doesn't even matter what gear you have because if you stay with a large group of 40-50 people and fight with another group, you'll most likely die no matter what.

GW2 also has no end game and the main game is easy as shit.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's the thing about GW2, you can't trade with other players. It all goes through auction houses. Gems can't be sold to players, only to the game. The exchange rate is always changing too. It's also very easy to get good gear. Once you hit level 80, you can run a 10 minute dungeon and get tokens. After 2 or 3 runs, you'll have enough tokens to exchange for an exotic piece. So even if you buy gems and exchange for gold, you're getting ripped off by a lot. I just checked and 800 gems is roughly 30 gold right now, which is $10. A decent exotic costs around 5 gold with the better skinned and precursors going to the 400-500 gold.
Also, PVP is completely separate from the main game. Everyone can make any build with any gear in PVP. All you do there is win the skins and rank up.
In WVW it doesn't even matter what gear you have because if you stay with a large group of 40-50 people and fight with another group, you'll most likely die no matter what.

I'm aware of how the game works bro, i've played like every MMO.

If you think about it for a second, why do gems constantly fluctuate in price, why can you sell them to "the game" and buy them from "the game".
its just a middleman, you sell gems to players for gold. It doesn't appear out of thin air.
So yeah, in all technicalities, you can spend money on gold.
Is there a point to it? Hell no. GW2 is extremely casual. Buuut it is technically possible.

Also AH is basically trading just more efficient.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm aware of how the game works bro, i've played like every MMO.

If you think about it for a second, why do gems constantly fluctuate in price, why can you sell them to "the game" and buy them from "the game".
its just a middleman, you sell gems to players for gold. It doesn't appear out of thin air.
So yeah, in all technicalities, you can spend money on gold.
Is there a point to it? Hell no. GW2 is extremely casual. Buuut it is technically possible.

Also AH is basically trading just more efficient.
Gems and gold don't appear? Of course they do, it's just a bunch of written code. It fluctuates depending on how many people buy gems. That's why during events the price rises by a lot.
The reason I like GW2 is because of how casual it is.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The updates are just shitty mini games.

The game may bore me to tears, but they DO have some huge and consistently fun updates.
These "shitty minigames" are actually really fun, like the oldschool platformer month. That was so damn fun and unique for an MMO to do.

Gems and gold don't appear? Of course they do, it's just a bunch of written code. It fluctuates depending on how many people buy gems. That's why during events the price rises by a lot.
The reason I like GW2 is because of how casual it is.

Smartass.

-shutters- runescape SUCKS

Why does runescape suck?
Just curious. I enjoy asking because no one ever answers unless its "graphix r bad mmk."

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The game may bore me to tears, but they DO have some huge and consistently fun updates.
These "shitty minigames" are actually really fun, like the oldschool platformer month. That was so damn fun and unique for an MMO to do.

Smartass.

Why does runescape suck?
Just curious. I enjoy asking because no one ever answers unless its "graphix r bad mmk."

Runescapes economy is broken. There are people with billions of moneys.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Runescapes economy is broken. There are people with billions of moneys.

Basically every MMO has a broken economy thanks to gold sellers. It's not a gamebreaker since you can sell stuff for more to compensate, generally.
I've never had a problem getting gold in runescape anyway. Only unattainables are rares like phats and shit. But I know duellers who have turned 100mill into several billion, so really it just depends how you play.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically every MMO has a broken economy thanks to gold sellers. It's not a gamebreaker since you can sell stuff for more to compensate, generally.
I've never had a problem getting gold in runescape anyway. Only unattainables are rares like phats and shit. But I know duellers who have turned 100mill into several billion, so really it just depends how you play.

The whole point of runescape for me was to get a santa hat, I had 15 bots running for several months until I got bored.

i was 8 tho

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got back into GW2 kinda... and it's a decent time killer... I just don't really have any friends to do anything in the game with.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nobody's said "Lineage II" yet, much to my disappointment. Play it, it recently went Free2Play and I remember spending loads of time playing it.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
just tried the beta of final fantasy reborn... can not leak too much but i will say that it is awesome ^.^

I was in it too, and it is indeed a fun game to play. To be fair it is more geared towards the casual MMO player and it won't appeal to everybody because of that obviously. There is a good amount of hard content to be had in the game, such as "extreme" versions of boss fights, "hard" versions of dungeons, and dungeons specifically for endgame. Leveling stresses party play since the best XP you can get is in dungeons, but solo play is still viable just slower going when you compare it to the dungeon runs. Beyond that there's plenty of quests and other events to get experience. If anybody played the original version of the game that came out in 2010, this new version is completely different. New graphics engine, much lower PC requirements, actual voice acting, completely different battle system, much easier buying and selling of items, the list goes on and on. The game goes live at the end of this week for those with early access, and goes live for everybody else on the 27th of August.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody's said "Lineage II" yet, much to my disappointment. Play it, it recently went Free2Play and I remember spending loads of time playing it.

I played it long before free2play and had tons of fun. Sadly it really hasn't aged well. I found a lot of things really, really irritating when I tried to play it again.

I was in it too, and it is indeed a fun game to play. To be fair it is more geared towards the casual MMO player and it won't appeal to everybody because of that obviously. There is a good amount of hard content to be had in the game, such as "extreme" versions of boss fights, "hard" versions of dungeons, and dungeons specifically for endgame. Leveling stresses party play since the best XP you can get is in dungeons, but solo play is still viable just slower going when you compare it to the dungeon runs. Beyond that there's plenty of quests and other events to get experience. If anybody played the original version of the game that came out in 2010, this new version is completely different. New graphics engine, much lower PC requirements, actual voice acting, completely different battle system, much easier buying and selling of items, the list goes on and on. The game goes live at the end of this week for those with early access, and goes live for everybody else on the 27th of August.

Well, most MMOs are geared towards casual gamers these days anyway. WoW, RIFT, GW2, basically any of those and similar/clone type games are casual.
I wish FFXIV:ARR had more free-aiming skills, it'd add more depth to the pvp combat, because right now all i've seen are the typical button activated skills, which is a shame since plenty of monsters use free-aiming skills. Though thanks to directional skills it has the combat being a bit more hectic, which is nice. You don't just stand in place mashing your rotation.
Buut as far as casual MMOs go, i'd say ARR is one of the better ones, and i'm willing to pay to see what they do with it. Its wildly more successful that their first awful attempt where the open beta basically lost them most of their customers.

just tried the beta of final fantasy reborn... can not leak too much but i will say that it is awesome ^.^

No one really cares if you "leak" info lol. Only time that matter is if they can trace it to your game account (and even then most companies just ban beta access, and we're past beta stage).
But anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-