Gaming What is sadder about the 3ds?

tatripp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you guys think is sadder about nintendo especially with the 3ds coming out: Is it sadder that nintendo keeps reselling their old games like zelda oot and starfox 64 (available on virtual console and 3ds game) or that i keep buying them over and over?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Saddest thing about the 3DS is the rumoured price. Although if you're continually buying identical versions of the same game that's a bit odd.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that you buy them over and over.

they release them again because theres these people called "young" gamers.
see theyre new and have yet to experience old classics
we dont want them being gamers that solely play madden cod and halo.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well neither.
3ds versions of OOT and star fox would be a great experience!
smile.gif

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as people buy them, Nintendo will sell them.

Some games are fun after a long break, I think games that where a lot of fun when they came out are still fun years later and sometimes its like watching an good but old movie again or something.

I for one am looking forward to some 3D remakes of some N64 games, my short list as follows!

1. F-Zero X for the love of god Nintendo.... Please this game was awesome, tighten up the graphics a little turn it into 3D and it will probably suck a month out of my life.

2. I would like to see an all action Star Fox, please Nintendo ditch anything not flying maybe some cut scenes... (I am sure some people loved the tank levels or what ever but I hated it...)

3. I want to see a 3D version of Mario Kart too, maybe just a remake of the DS one with a fresh coat of paint and some 3D goodness.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JonthanD said:
3. I want to see a 3D version of Mario Kart too, maybe just a remake of the DS one with a fresh coat of paint and some 3D goodness.
They're already making the 3DS version on Mario Kart. It'll have (pretty much) Wii graphics. But they haven't announced any other details (but I'm pretty sure they're including the air tricks from MKWii).

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really, if it's a true remake I'd say neither of those things are sad. If I get a 3DS I am DEFINITELY getting the new OoT. Straight-up ports, however, might be a different story. As in, if you own the SNES version of LttP you have no reason to get the GBA version. (Well, there's Four Swords on that cartridge, but I couldn't think of a better example)

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I won't mind playing a 3D version Zelda:Link to the Past or Super Metriod. Let just hope they won't allow, Sonic 1 in 3D.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Saddest thing about the 3DS is the rumoured price. Although if you're continually buying identical versions of the same game that's a bit odd.

Pfft. All they're doing is remaking a few games, not putting same game on it. And they would never remake something more than once.

D

Deleted User

Last time I heard, I couldv'e sworn they said that those remakes would've been in 3D... Well, looks like i was wrong.

p.s you are a troll

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Remakes let new generations of players try out iconic games of old. And that's a good thing.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tatripp said:
What do you guys think is sadder about nintendo especially with the 3ds coming out: Is it sadder that nintendo keeps reselling their old games like zelda oot and starfox 64 (available on virtual console and 3ds game) or that i keep buying them over and over?

Remakes of Zelda and starfox =D I've heard how great these games were, I can't say for other people but I'm really looking forward for these great games I've never played these before. I'm really happy I never got a N64 and now I'm able to enjoy these games in 3D. It may just suck for the people who played these games in the past and I can understand that but its great for new gamers.

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The price, nintendo went too far to say that our hype made it cost like a Wii!
Also, theres no bad things in old games, i get to see ganondorfs light balls flying towards me and sweet sweet lazorz flying towards me in StarFox 3D

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm inclined to think that the saddest part of the 3DS, is it will signal to game makers that there is now no real drive to make non 3DS titles, and as such, having a non 3DS will get increasingly less important.

But that is the fate of all gaming devices I suppose.

I'm also sad that the screens are smaller, and thus the point of having my DSi XL will be lost if I get the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.