Gaming What Gamecube games will be on Wii U?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would hope for all, or at least most, of their first party titles. The Wii VC shop had a pretty meh selection, hoping they improve it by also adding other N64/SNES/NES/everything else games too.
That's the main reason I freaked when I heard there would be no GameCube compatibility. I don't mind having to pay a second time for digital downloads that much. I just don't trust Nintendo to release that many GCN games as VC. I mean, on the Wii there's what, literally only 21 N64 games available in the US? Seriously?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I doubt Nintendo is gonna offer downloadable GC games via the Virtual Console service (is HDD support even confirmed yet?). They would rather make native "New Play Control" Wii U ports and sell them in retail.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt Nintendo is gonna offer downloadable GC games via the Virtual Console service (is HDD support even confirmed yet?). They would rather make native "New Play Control" Wii U ports and sell them in retail.
I'd be inclined to agree with that, but at the same time I think they may release some as downloadable titles; the 3DS revives retro games with 3D Classics... it's entirely possible they do the same for the Wii U, e.g. HD Classics, as downloadable titles.

I also believe the reason the Wii U doesn't up-scale/up-res Wii games is partly related, they want to reserve the ability to re-release Wii classics in HD and they couldn't do that if the Wii U already played old games in HD.

...is HDD support even confirmed yet?...
Yes, see http://e3.nintendo.com/wiiu/.

Reactions: 1 person

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
external usb storage....Doesn't mean it will or won't use HDD. Storage will probably be limited at first just like the SD card used to be on the Wii.

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see SA2:B on there, made all nice and stuff. Supposedly there's a version of it in the works for PSN/XBLA anyway, so it isn't farfetched at all.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see SA2:B on there, made all nice and stuff. Supposedly there's a version of it in the works for PSN/XBLA anyway, so it isn't farfetched at all.
I heard a rumor somewhere that Sega is working on HD remakes of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. I can't remember if this was confirmed, though.

keran22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard a rumor somewhere that Sega is working on HD remakes of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. I can't remember if this was confirmed, though.

Little bit of research and turns out I thought it was happening... because it's happening. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/sega-officially-confirms-sonic-adventure-2-hd

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Little bit of research and turns out I thought it was happening... because it's happening. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/sega-officially-confirms-sonic-adventure-2-hd
OH YEAH!!!!!!

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, Wind Waker is being remade for the Wii U with HD textures, as far as I know. There's even some screenshots of this on the internet so verify and Nintendo did state that they would remake Wind Waker.

Im hoping for Melee with aditional Online multiplayer
Well, I'd be a little wary about that. Brawl online was pretty slow because of its lack of tolerance, but I suppose it wouldn't be that bad of an issue compared to "lag-teleportation."

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, Wind Waker is being remade for the Wii U with HD textures, as far as I know. There's even some screenshots of this on the internet so verify and Nintendo did state that they would remake Wind Waker.

Well, I'd be a little wary about that. Brawl online was pretty slow because of its lack of tolerance, but I suppose it wouldn't be that bad of an issue compared to "lag-teleportation."
From what I hear, the Wii U online structure is designed loads better than the one on the original Wii, so hopefully it'll be no problem.

I really can't wait for Super Smash Bros. 4, though! Assuming the online works well, it'll be the first console game that I seriously spend a lot of time playing online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1