Hacking What flash carts do I need (if any)?

ethanwa79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just getting back into the DS game after a long time and I need some help. Here is what I now have:

New Nintendo 3DS XL (11.2.35U)
Sky3DS+ (Orange with V130)
An old DSTWO flash cart (not the + version)

I am trying to play the following in the most native way with the best speed possible: 3DS, DS, GBA, GBC, GB, SNES, NES.

Obviously the Sky3DS+ is used for 3DS games. And I've installed homebrew emulators for SNES, NES, GBC, and GB.

What flash cart do I need to play DS games? And what about GBA... what's the best way to play them with no lag in audio and gameplay? I haven't used my DSTWO in years... is it worthless now with the system/firmware that I have?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by ethanwa79,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DS Two runs gba games with great speed thanks to its built-in processor and the gbatemp, I mean, tempgba emulator designed for it.

The n3ds is fast enough to emulate the others you mentioned.

I'll see if my dstwo works on my n3ds brb

Edit: Nevermind, my DS Two doesn't even fit the n3ds card slot and I'm not going to force it. It seems different than the DSi XL slot.

Last edited by netovsk,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
For 3DS + GBA + GB + GBC game, would you consider install A9LH too?
With A9LH + Luma3DS, you can play 3DS + GBA + GB + GBC directly without flashcards.

There is 2 things you need to know about 3DS hacking.
  1. 3DS exploit: This is a way allow to run somethings that normally can't run such as homebrew, etc. Example of 3DS exploit are menuhax, arm9loaderhax, fasthax, etc.
  2. 3DS CFW: This is what you want to allow your 3DS to add more function to FW, such as out of region cart load, pirating, ETC. This one need 3DS exploit to be able to run. Example of CFW is Luma3DS. ReiNAND, Corbenik.
The choices you have now is Installing Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) Exploit with Luma3DS CFW. Can be done by following this guide: http://3ds.guide/. This setting is mostly safe from removed by Nintendo. The problem is, this setting require user to hack into 3DS System files. So it has a small risk of brick. But, if you're understand and following every step of the guide I gave you correctly. Even though you bricked, it can still be fix by hardmod.

You better do this now since your FW is mostly perfect for this. 11.3 right now is hopeless.

For DS Flashcard
@Crystal the Glaceon recommend: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
Support R4 Wood kernel with RTS + Cheat
@gnmmarechal recommend: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=146
Support RTS + Cheat

About Wood R4
Wood R4 is a modified version of the Acekard Kernel to run on R4, M3 Simply, and R4i Gold (r4ids.cn.) It's basically praised for introducing all of the Acekard features so it basically had almost all the same features as akAIO. The only feature it didn't have was individual loader updates. Otherwise it had basically everything else.
I always suggest it because it's extremely light on the battery, the ROM performance is perfect, the RTS is stable and simple, it's easy and highly customizable, homebrew soft-reset, and so many other features. I personally think it's the best kernel next to akAIO and it's also why I always suggest the R4i Gold over other carts.
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

ethanwa79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for an update... using a guide I found here on GBATemp, I was able to get my DSTWO firmware updated and working on my system. I can now play all games via the DSTWO and Sky3DS+. No need for homebrew or custom firmware. Thanks for the help everyone.

Reactions: netovsk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay