Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenPowerBuilder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've also been away from the hacking scene for a few months now. So B9S is basically a gateway (pardon the pun) for developers to implement features in the future. Sounds pretty awesome to me. Can't wait to see what comes next! :yay3ds:

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply put, boot9strap is a version of sighax (obviously) where it boots the firm off of the SD card (instead of installing it to the actual FIRM).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's 300 exactly. the reason for the limit like I've said before is probably stability. there's a chart somewhere regarding how fast the 3ds reads and the home menu stability. in fact, Nintendo themselves recommend no greater than 32GBs. that is according to their official site. beyond that takes longer and longer to load. it's unlikely 300 titles will fit on 32GBs, so they deemed that mandate necessary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nm, I think it's 100. the wii u is 300, unless I'm wrong about that and got them confused. the wii u seems to include default apps like system settings in that number which is y it's like 292 in reality. I'm not sure if the 3ds is the same, but I have gone over the limit before requiring deletion. games would appear in the deletion screen, but the games would overwrite other games if installed.

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it's 300 exactly. the reason for the limit like I've said before is probably stability. there's a chart somewhere regarding how fast the 3ds reads and the home menu stability. in fact, Nintendo themselves recommend no greater than 32GBs. that is according to their official site. beyond that takes longer and longer to load. it's unlikely 300 titles will fit on 32GBs, so they deemed that mandate necessary.

nm, I think it's 100. the wii u is 300, unless I'm wrong about that and got them confused. the wii u seems to include default apps like system settings in that number which is y it's like 292 in reality. I'm not sure if the 3ds is the same, but I have gone over the limit before requiring deletion. games would appear in the deletion screen, but the games would overwrite other games if installed.

You don't seem to get it right?
SigHax exists only and JUST for that purpose.
We can do LITERALLY anything we want now.
Stability falls under that category

PS: Sarcasm.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not if stability is the issue. the 3ds may not have the hardware to accommodate large numbers of games, because it doesn't have to. the theory is that u buy games from the store rather than online. a number had to be determined, so they chose 100. if u've ever owned a ps3, u'll know what I'm talking about. when hundreds of games turns in to thousands, u encounter hiccups and freezes.

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Stability isn't the issue with the 3DS because
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're wrong (or you had it right to begin with), the limit on the 3DS is 300 titles, as is the Wii U. Yes it takes slightly longer for all your icons to appear on the home menu if you have 300 titles, but its still pretty dang quick (at least I can attest to that on a N3DSXL). Nintendo likely did implement the limit in order to protect the stability of the system, but given that you can also have up to 40 DS titles on the home menu in addition to the 300 3DS titles (for a total of 340 titles on your 3DS homescreen)(which I do have thanks to forwarders for specific games on my DS flashcard), its pretty clear that the 300 limit is not a specific limit, just a number that Nintendo deemed unreasonable for a typical gamer to ever reach. However, I do believe it could easily handle another 100 titles on the home screen, if not more without any real issues occurring on your 3DS.

Last edited by duffmmann,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 128GB SD card in my N3DS, so I'm waiting for that limit to be revoked so I can add a slew of Virtual Console Games
I feel ya dude, I have a 64GB card in my 3DS. I hope that the 300 title limit is bypassed...

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Boot9Strap is needed to load Luma3DS.
It boots the Luma3DS boot.firm instead of the original firmware

Sorry for necropost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Elite Beat Agents
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hell yeah
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
    Jayro @ Jayro: I'm Slenderman.