Hacking What emulators run at full speed on an O3DS?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
@Normmatt threw the idea at me a few times to get some of the changes from that over to the 3DS, honestly the o3DS with dynrec probably could use a lot of those changes to get to full-ish speed. Only hard part is that you'd have to port all that MIPS optimisation to ARM.
BTW, you can also use ghetto icache flushing to get the dynarec working on any homebrew setup... just have 32kb of nops and after you modify the code just jump to that nopsled to flush all icache... dunno if its even worth doing it this way vs the interpreter though.

Reactions: AtlasFontaine

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting ready to download MasterBoy for PSP Go. Did that version fix the audio glitches in the Pokemon games where the t sound is glitchy (like when using an Escape Rope to teleport or jumping of ledges). Because on GameYob for DSi/3DS and GBC.emu for Android, the audio issues are fixed.

I tried like two SNES emulators for PSP and they both run terrible compared to BlargSNES and SNES9X EX+ on Android. Are there any SNES emulators for PSP that run the games at full speed (Aside from "Special enhancement chip" games) w/o any graphical or sound glitches? Like does the mushroom SFX still play glitchy in Super Mario World/All Stars?

SNES9X TYL runs the worst w/ with minor graphical glitches but major sound glitches. DKC runs at about 50-60%, SMRPG runs fine up until the actual gameplay with the opening scene up to Bower's Castle where it only runs at about 15-20 FPS.

BlargSNES is kinda in the middle. The sound is fixed but the graphical glitches are still present and the stages don't do that "blur" effect when upon entering them. Any games that use the "special enhancement chip" don't run and/or crash my 3DS.

SNES9X EX+ for my old Sony Xperia Play phone runs perfect! No graphical sound/glitches. Games run at full speed (except for Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Super Mario RPG, but on my Z3V, they run perfect. I even beat SMRPG on my phone last year and didn't notice any lag whatsoever.

Last edited by 03bgood,

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NXengine aka Cave Story runs great, probably the best emu out there for the O3DS beside PrBoom3DS aka Doom.
I'm not interested in that DOS/Hombrew stuff. I already have the DSiWare version of Cave Story and I don't care for Doom. Only NES and GBA. Don't think SNES could run at perfect speed but defiantly NES and GBA since both of those already exist in the form of Virtual Console games. So if SNES can only run full speed w/o any graphical glitches/sound on N3DS, I'm fine with that.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.