Are there any GBA emulator for O3ds that run at full speed?

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any GBA emulator for O3ds that run at full speed? I don't want to use vlc injection since it doesn't allow for a cheat menu and multiple save states

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@6Kyojin4 what have you tried so far?
There's pretty much exactly one option and that's mGBA, isn't it? (I suppose there's GBARunner2 as well, but there's hardly any advantage to using that over open_agb_firm or VC injects.)

Are there any GBA emulator for O3ds that run at full speed? I don't want to use vlc injection since it doesn't allow for a cheat menu and multiple save states
Well, you can always use in-game saves and then use Godmode9 to make backups of the save data. And you can use ROM patches for cheats in some cases.

Reactions: CoolMe

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Even mgba does not support cheats, maybe using retroarch, but it does not work well in 3ds, just with new version

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
open_agb_firm, but I don't know how well it works for an o3ds. it's not an emulator exactly as it uses the native software of the 3ds, so that's you're best beat at having a great experience. if I were you, I'd install fastboot, then assign open_agb_firm to a button. however, in either case, you can't back out to the games' list, which does suck. you'll have to restart the console to switch to another game.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's pretty much exactly one option and that's mGBA, isn't it? (I suppose there's GBARunner2 as well, but there's hardly any advantage to using that over open_agb_firm or VC injects.)
Realistically yeah, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be recommending the same thing as what he'd already used but...like you say, unless he did no research whatsoever, it was likely mGBA anyway.

Personally I'd rather just go native even without save states. The quality just wins out for me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try the sonic mania build. I don't know what will happen on an o3ds. there are not that long of load times, but the game plays perfectly. I had to disable mods iirc, because they cause the game to crash. this is a known issue, not sure if it's fixable or the game is just too much even for a n3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: