What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished arkham knight with 90% completion last night. I was going to try for 100% to get the true ending, but I was seriously pissed off when I found out I would need all of the stupid riddler trophies.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I finished arkham knight with 90% completion last night. I was going to try for 100% to get the true ending, but I was seriously pissed off when I found out I would need all of the stupid riddler trophies.
I don't blame you. I haven't played Arkham Knight yet (I don't have a PC or console to play it on yet, but I already spoiled the plot for myself since I won't get to play it for quite a long time), but I'm hard-pressed to 100% a game just to get an extra cut scene that I can watch on YouTube anyway.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't blame you. I haven't played Arkham Knight yet (I don't have a PC or console to play it on yet, but I already spoiled the plot for myself since I won't get to play it for quite a long time), but I'm hard-pressed to 100% a game just to get an extra cut scene that I can watch on YouTube anyway.
When I believed it to simply doing all the quests it was fine, those are all pretty fun and rewarding, but having to collect all the collectibles in a game in order to get the actual ending is a pretty terrible design choice.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
When I believed it to simply doing all the quests it was fine, those are all pretty fun and rewarding, but having to collect all the collectibles in a game in order to get the actual ending is a pretty terrible design choice.
I agree. I'm not a fan of "collectibles for the sake of collectibles." Sure, Metroidvanias (my favorite genre) tend to have a lot of collectibles, but at least they usually have some in-game use (missile expansions in Metroid, for example).

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I'm not a fan of "collectibles for the sake of collectibles." Sure, Metroidvanias (my favorite genre) tend to have a lot of collectibles, but at least they usually have some in-game use (missile expansions in Metroid, for example).
I like the option of having collectables, but they shouldn't be mandatory unless its the whole point of the game or something

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I like the option of having collectables, but they shouldn't be mandatory unless its the whole point of the game or something
Well, technically they're not required in Arkham Knight except for an extra cutscene. I normally don't mind that in games, as long as the base ending isn't incomplete on its own, and the collectibles themselves are fun to find. From my experience with the other Batman games, the Riddler trophies are usually not that fun to get, and there's way too many of them.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, technically they're not required in Arkham Knight except for an extra cutscene. I normally don't mind that in games, as long as the base ending isn't incomplete on its own, and the collectibles themselves are fun to find. From my experience with the other Batman games, the Riddler trophies are usually not that fun to get, and there's way too many of them.
The normal ending is pretty lacking honestly. It feels like theres something more and they even push you to get the full ending. And the riddler trophies not being fun to get is a serious part of the issue. Theres way too many of them for there to be interesting ways of obtaining many of them.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Apparently I haven't had enough Cave Story after yesterday, so I started and beat Cave Story (WiiWare) on normal starting last night, and finishing around 1pm today. Now I can say I actually beat the 2D of Cave Story with the true ending for the first time. I'm still not done though, so I'm going to play the freeware original on PSP next.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Started playing Dark Souls 2.....I'm now stuck on three seperate bosses. Both Dragon Riders kick my ass, and the Pursuer trick where I parrry to stun him then shoot him with the ballista isn't working because the ballista won't fire :( Going through earlier areas to farm for souls, upgrade my gear, find the other parts of my armour set and pray to god I develop some sort of skill at the game before I give in to despair and snap the disc.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfGamer

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just beat the Cleric Beast in Bloodborne. It took a few tries but I found it pretty reasonable. The most frustrating part during it was the camera

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Been playing a couple of different games in between study sessions, but can't seem to stick to 1 in particular.
It's mainly the 3DS ambassador GBA games that I've neglected to play.
Problem is they are mostly platformers and I really suck at those (and have gotten to hate them).
Who knows, maybe I'll come to like them if I develop some skills.

Got to sector 6 of Metroid Fusion, but those Ice Virus X cells are kicking my ass.
Have to say I rather like the game thus far. Did have to use a guide at one point. Those damn hidden rooms...
I thought I was being thorough searching, but apparently I've already missed about 10 missile packs.

Got the first piece of the mirror in Kirby's Amazing Mirror.
For some reason this game seems a lot harder than Dreamland even though you'd think it'd be easier with all those transformations in the newer games.

Finished the first world of Mario vs Donkey Kong. I don't even know why I bother with this game really, because I find it extremely boring.
The completionist in me just wants me to finish every game I get.

And lastly I've been playing some Pokémon Shuffle which is both extremely tedious and addicting...
Now stuck on the Mega Glalie level.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Cool I love Pokemon (duh)
I ordered cr batteries on ebay though, Pokémon Gold does not save, Pokémon Ruby clock does not work and RTC in Pokémon Crystal is stuck and resets every time I play :P

Only Pokémon Yellow seems fine, but I will change the battery anyway :lol:

New_Newbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat the sixth level of The Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures for 3ds. This game. I swear.
I also spent the day taking apart and intensely cleaning my N64 games so I can sell them. Poor me.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered cr batteries on ebay though, Pokémon Gold does not save, Pokémon Ruby clock does not work and RTC in Pokémon Crystal is stuck and resets every time I play :P

Only Pokémon Yellow seems fine, but I will change the battery anyway :lol:
That happened to my used Ruby. It's not to bad unless you want umbreon and what not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated