What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finished Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy with 146/150 puzzles.
Game started strong but Chapter 4 was such a drag, repetitive and uneventful (and that was about half of the game, so...).
But I guess the story was pretty decent overall.

Summary of the finally: Plot twists, plot twists everywhere!

It got a little ridiculous to be honest.
Well you could see Desmond Sycamore being Descole from miles away.
They showed the butler helping Descole in previous games.
But Descole being Layton's brother and Bronev his dad was quite a surprise.
Most awkward family reunion ever :lol:

Original trilogy was still the best IMO.

Also got Level 4 CODE Clearance on Freedom Wars.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonight, I beat Brutal Legend.

I asked someone to tell me a random number, and I said I would have tried to finish whatever unplayed game I had as soon as possible. It was this crap. Ugh.

I ended up hating this game for two reasons: I never was a fan of the "meta-cheesy" genre (you know, the kind of setting where everyone knows to be dumb but they are anyway because it's ""funny""). That, and when I saw the reviews, the trailer, the screenshots, the price... I said hey, it MUST be an action game, right?

Wrong.

After the second level, the game takes a strategic turn out of nowhere. I like strategic games, but if I'm expecting to play an Action game, I want to play an Action game. Whoever thought that a game based on the Heavy Metal genre would be strategic?

Actually no, it's not even a strategy game. There are still many action sequences, and many strategic levels, but the game is so short that I couldn't see which one stood out the most. One thing for sure is that these two genres don't get along very well, especially if they are difficult. And I don't get why the sound quality was this bad, and some song choices for the stages were odd (Through the Fire and Flames for a stage that lasts no more than 3 minutes? Really?).

Sadly, this game came out when stupid teenagers who wanted to be "alternative" were into talking about Heavy Metal and stuff, then eventually someone decided to try to invest on it. But, please, take ONE choice next time: either the strategy nerds or the action nerds.

3/5 (2/5 + one point because of the style of the graphics that I really enjoyed and the fact that was short enough to not throw my keyboard away with too much filler)

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Got to Level 6 CODE Clearance on Freedom Wars.
It's starting to get quite hard with 2 Abductors attacking at the same time.

I'm starting to really hate the controls too and I have a feeling it wouldn't be all that hard if they where better.
It's really annoying that R is only for shooting when you're aiming. I always accidentally throw my thorn when shooting from the hip...
And also that the circle button is used to use items and pick them up. You end up wasting a lot of items when you try to pick stuff up.

I think I should replay some missions for resources to seriously upgrade my weapons.

Flood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started playing MGS. Only ever played Guns of the Patriots. The overhead view was a little hard to get use to at first. So was "X" being the cancel button. I just defeated Ninja and man that fight felt like a batman game. It's really tempting to look up Gray Fox and other characters but so far I'm holding on. Luckily I don't remember much from MGS4.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I resumed Persona 3 the answer after a long time. just finished the Caina block and headed to the next. the difficulty is unforgiving and I'm a little short of healing personas having only one with Diarama and Mediarama but no attacks, also need a Zio based persona.but ATM a little grinding should suffice.
The mid-boss at floor 9 started fairly easy but lost because reached it with low SP(Koromaru would had burned the ice fucker to death if he had enough SP) and in my subsequent attempts they steamrolled my team because lost my luck(goddamn dodge fire/ice/elec/wind skills).

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Played Halo 2 coop with a friend until the first covenant mission, we took our time and didn't helped that we set the difficulty in Heroic, so we ended up death a lot(and for fun too, there is hardly a penalty if you kill your partner, you even appear with guns full of bullets).
Whenever my brother and I played as kids, we'd eventually get bored (exorbitant when waiting in elevators) and start killing each other, just because. :P

Edit: Totally forgot to mention that I was setting up my EZ-Flash IV last week with GBC ROMs via Goomba Color, and used that as an excuse to play Super Mario Bros. DX from start to finish in one sitting. I skipped the 1-2 warp zone so that I could take advantage of the 3-1 infinite 1-up exploit to rack up enough points to unlock boo mode and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (by dying and coming back a bunch of times). I did use the 4-2 warp zone to get to 8-1 though, and beat the game. I lost my save data though because of some issue with another GBC game overwriting my save... oops. I think it Super Mario Land 2 might've had the same header or something like that. I'll look into it later.

I also beat Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSP, via Dracula X Chronicles) with 200.6% completion earlier today. This is the third time I've beaten and completed it (twice on PSP, once on PS3), and I only played it for the first time less than a year ago. I also did it in quite less time than my first playthrough... My first playthrough was over 13 hours for completion, and this playthrough was over 9 hours for completion.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Completed all 6 different endings in Contra Hard Corps (Thats including the bad and secret ending). Started today and finished today. No cheats or save states all on original hardware. The only path that gave me trouble was the 4th path, but only because I wasn't familiar with it. Not bad I guess, the only thing left is to do the same with all the other characters.

End Pics

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finished Harmoknight that i got on the club nintendo reward, the game is Really hard sometimes, i´m still on the last stage of the bonus World.
still waiting for my coins to get Kid icarus uprising and Dillon´s rolling western 1/2.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) as well as both of the DLC side stories, all on normal difficulty. That game was so fun, and I blazed through it within 5 days of getting it (4 really, since I didn't play one of those days), and an additional day to beat the DLC. Heck, I could return it to GameStop today for a full refund, if I wanted to, since it's still within the 7-day window for used games. :P I've already started another playthrough on hard, but I seriously might force myself to put that on hold because I have so many other games I'm juggling right now (most of which I've ignored over the past week in favor of MGR: R).

NAND0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cleared team rocket's hideout and got the silph scope on FireRed.

I'm trying to get as far as I can before majora's mask comes out. Cuz once it does, I'll be going ham on that game.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Made a full playthrough on Vectorman for the genesis. It actually took a few tries because the game glitched out twice on me. But I did complete it on the normal difficulty.
I also made a video of the glitching.lol

The still frame was Day 15 close to the last battle, were it just crashed. The video was Day 8 half way through the game. After restarting I did end up beating the game.

End Pic

NAND0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished up the intro on Majora's Mask 3D. Now that the slow part of the game is out of the way, I'll be able to enjoy the game

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally beat the Code 8 exam on Freedom Wars

Took me a while beating Red Rage and Abel. I've been collecting materials and upgrading my weapons for that fight for 2 days.
Then I was relieved I finally won after 2 more tries and then it turns out there's another fight immediately after :glare:
(and of course I died). Those fricking stupid claws!!!
Anyway, eventually I won, but only by exploiting that the claws couldn't reach you when standing in the entrance.

Pretty weird that they show the credits after this. Seems to suggest the story is finished...
Well I guess I'll see tomorrow.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally got a bigger Vita memory card and downloaded some of the bigger games that wouldn't fit on my old one a while back. Today I decided to try out Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend. Note that I normally never play traditional fighting games and I'm also kinda bad at them. I'm really enjoying this so far though. Completed Arcade Mode with Noel, although the 10th guy took me like an hour to beat.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention that I beat The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Wii VC) with all the masks again, on Wednesday. I did it in preparation of the remake, but financial issues are going to keep me from getting it for at least a month or two. Just as well, though. This'll give some time for my latest replay of the original to sink in, so I won't be fatigued by playing the game a second time immediately after (when I started this playthrough, I had no idea that "Spring 2015" meant "February 13th, 2015" instead of typical Nintendo "May 31st, 2015").
Anyway, 3/5. Only 3 PS1 games left to play (Tail Concerto, Digimon World 2003 and The Legend of Dragoon). According to HLTB, it will take me two months or something, ugh.
I know this is probably a dumb question, but do you mean 3 PS1 games out of all of them, or just 3 left of the ones you're interested in?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I beat the fourth dungeon in Majora's Mask 3DS today. All four main dungeons were pretty tricky at first, but now I feel like they would be too easy playing back through and knowing all the little things that would normally trip somebody up. Besides that, I have the majority of the masks and pretty much just have to do the Kafei and Anju sidequest chain to get the last few that I'm missing. I also have most of the heart pieces and only need to find the last 12 to be at a full 20 hearts (though I'm only certain of where four of them are at the moment).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...