What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you turn the random encounters off then? But if you do that you'll have to grind at some point won't you? Or do you also set it to easy?

BTW I just fully completed Norende :P
Nah, I keep difficulty on normal. I keep random encounters set to normal, but it's nice to be able to turn them off once in a while when i need to. For example, i just want to get somewhere quickly without interruption. Or I want to quickly sweep a dungeon a second time to look for chests.

And whenever I do grind, i set random encounters to the max, set auto battle, turn battle animations to 4x, and have a grand old time. :P

It's not having grinding and random encounters that bothers me, it's them being time consuming and getting in the way when i don't want that bothers me.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nah, I keep difficulty on normal. I keep random encounters set to normal, but it's nice to be able to turn them off once in a while when i need to. For example, i just want to get somewhere quickly without interruption. Or I want to quickly sweep a dungeon a second time to look for chests.

And whenever I do grind, i set random encounters to the max, set auto battle, turn battle animations to 4x, and have a grand old time. :P

It's not having grinding and random encounters that bothers me, it's them being time consuming and getting in the way when i don't that bothers me.

Yeah I do the same :P

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Been a while since my last update but after a lot of pauses and some grinding I finished Kingdom Hearts from the 1.5 HD remix
did several hotel laps to reach level 60 and then went to pass the Hades cup in the coliseum but couldn't beat Hades, well is not like I was putting any effort to do it, after that I equipped my newly acquired Lionheart and 3 extra levels went onward to finish this thing.
Prepared my items, abilities and skills for easy healing and everything went smooth, now it was literally press X to win. hit hit and hit some more and healed when I was low on health, also cast aero when seemed necessary.
to say truth I was tired and wanted to finish the game quick, the history is great but the gameplay can be bullshit difficulty at times. I didn't had that mush trouble with days or bbs, but I did had the same problems with chain of memories on GBA and that's the reason of why I never finished it(Riku moped the floor with me so many times that wasn't even funny even with a deck designed to counterattack and I can't grind as I defeated all the enemies of the dungeon that came before the fight and looks like they don't reappear) years ago, but I still have the save.

out of boredom and curiosity I started playing Akiba's Trip(first game, the PSP one) on my lunch breaks, of course with the aid of a guide as I can't read japanese. so far the game is entertaining but I'll probably drop it in favor of Akiba's Trip undead and undressed(AKA Akiba's Trip 2, the Vita one) once I got more free time at home.

the last saturday I played and finished Infamous First Light, it was awesome, short but awesome. the story explains with detail the life of Fetch right before the events of Second Son, I really hope they do a second and third game with Eugene and Hank and even a fourth with Augustine story.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Screenshot_2015-01.png

Hit #1 in a Marvel Puzzle Quest event!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finished saints row 4. Fun game, though it's so easy it's ridiculous.

Also finished up to palette 'U' in lyne. And those who've played this game know how hard the curve ramps up once you completed the tutorial puzzles.

EDIT: also...finished explodemon. Very fun game (kind of a parody on mega man)...but pretty damn short.

Reactions: T-hug

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Finished saints row 4. Fun game, though it's so easy it's ridiculous.

Also finished up to palette 'U' in lyne. And those who've played this game know how hard the curve ramps up once you completed the tutorial puzzles.

EDIT: also...finished explodemon. Very fun game (kind of a parody on mega man)...but pretty damn short.

Nice I just got SR 4 but am playing Gat Out of Hell first for review, it's pretty crazy!

I platted Far Cry 4:

B7p4bcKIIAAN-96.jpg

Then I started AC Unity and found some guys standing around:
B7oohXUIYAA-Ho0.jpg:large

Reactions: Jiehfeng

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Completed another run through of Dark Souls finishing at soul level 19.

I would of been more chuffed with my end of game soul level if i hadn't of been summoned a couple of days ago by a player in ng15 at soul level 20 :wtf:

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Nothing special, just played Deathsmiles II and I'm getting used again to bullet hell, has been a long time since I played Touhou regularly.

I tried to continue Chrono Cross but failed, I don't remember what I was doing and where I need to go. luckily I found in a guide where I was standing and now I can continue.... I think.
BTW I had escaped Viper manor and need to meet up with Riddel, I just rescued her.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat SteamWorld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt (Vita) yesterday. I already beat it on the 3DS, but I had it free on PS+, so I figured might as well. This is also the first time I've beaten the game with every upgrade, which is cool.

Reactions: chavosaur

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Completed a playthrough of Doom 3 on the original Xbox for the first time. The only parts I needed to use a walkthrough was the guardian of nightmare and the last boss. I enjoyed it enough that I think I'll also start the sequel Resurrection of Evil.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Completed Bravely Default with maxed out level and jobs. Clocked in at an overwhelming 91 hours...
Why do I freaking have to 100% all my games! This way I'm never getting through my backlog, which contain about 20 other similar RPG's...
Good thing I don't really care about completing the bestiary. Otherwise it would take me about 10 hours more.

Didn't like how the story turned out though, but that game has some really good mechanics.
The idea was good, but the execution could be better.
They kind of skip over what happened to the heroes' counterparts in the other worlds and it's not clear if Ringabell exists in those other worlds or if Ringabell can only 'exist' if Alternis Dim falls through a Holy Pillar into the next world and suffers amnesia.
Or do I just misunderstand and does Alternis Dim sometimes help the other 3 in the other worlds?
When they show the other worlds helping out at the ending (which is also kind of vague how they do it) it's always Ringabell you see instead of Alternis so...

Doesn't there only exist 1 Airy who just goes from world to world, linking them? Then how at the end could there be multiple worlds with the heroes together, if that moment technically has already past. Because she only joins the new heroes when the previous ones are dead. So the other world's heroes couldn't have helped (being dead and all).
Or is this a wibbly wobbly timey wimey thing?

I'll guess I should assume it is, but I'd still would have liked it better if they explained the parallel universe thing better.

They make Bravely Second seem really interesting with that bonus movie, though.

Also started The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and got to the third dungeon.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I started Saints Row 4 a few days ago. Beat it today at 93% overall completion. I may go back and do collectable gathering, but I'll probably just move on to another game in a few days.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finished a couple games:
-Type: rider. Sort of a platformer with puzzle elements and an educational background (the history of the mechanical press). Not too shabby.
-Farsky. A roguelike exploration game with crafting elements...underwater. Interesting premise, but way too short/unfinished. :\

Also played Eldritch. It's spelunky meets wolfenstein 3D with a Lovecraftian style. For the graphics it has, it certainly has appeal. But damnit, it quickly gets pretty hard...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.