What art style should I use for making 2D game assets if I do not have a drawing tablet

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,478
  • Replies 27

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah sorry I meant it as a term of respect
Thanks. I appreciate it.
I didn't mean it that way. It was just a joke.
I don't know how old are you, but you'll understand when you're my age.

Damn! 14! Very young. Keep on working on your projects.
It's good to know that you have this passion and understanding at such a young age.
Please, if you have problems with GIMP or Inkscape, just let me know and I'll try to help you. With all confidence!

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks. I appreciate it.
I didn't mean it that way. It was just a joke.
I don't know how old are you, but you'll understand when you're my age.

Damn! 14! Very young. Keep on working on your projects.
It's good to know that you have this passion and understanding at such a young age.
Please, if you have problems with GIMP or Inkscape, just let me know and I'll try to help you. With all confidence!

Okay thank you I have always been interested in drawing manga and so it would be a great way to use and practice this skill to make my own game assets thank you allot for your support I will try to make my first vector image tonight have a happy new year^_^

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay thank you I have always been interested in drawing manga and so it would be a great way to use and practice this skill to make my own game assets thank you allot for your support I will try to make my first vector image tonight have a happy new year^_^
Same to you. Happy new year.

Reactions: Deleted User

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
BUMPING
Just remembered this site: CLICK ME!
It has lots and lots of Sprite Sheets of classic and old 2D games.
This resource is useful if you want to get an idea on how to animate your sprites.
I use it all the time.
And once again... for 2D Sprites you better go with GIMP 2.8.22 and be sure to set up your grid, and snapping on, and use the PENCIL TOOL and use SMALL CANVAS SIZES like 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc.

Remember, if you have a question regarding your software, give me a message on my profile or through private message and I'll try to help you out.
I've been using GIMP for 4 years now almost everyday and Inkscape for 2 years.

Last edited by JuanMena,
D

Deleted User

OP
BUMPING
Just remembered this site: CLICK ME!
It has lots and lots of Sprite Sheets of classic and old 2D games.
This resource is useful if you want to get an idea on how to animate your sprites.
I use it all the time.
And once again... for 2D Sprites you better go with GIMP 2.8.22 and be sure to set up your grid, and snapping on, and use the PENCIL TOOL and use SMALL CANVAS SIZES like 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc.

Remember, if you have a question regarding your software, give me a message on my profile or through private message and I'll try to help you out.
I've been using GIMP for 4 years now almost everyday and Inkscape for 2 years.

Thank you so much!:yay: this site will be great for inspiration thanks

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought