What are these files?

Bongert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im doing automated backups of my 3DS using FreeFileSync and im getting some errors because at one point, the date of my 3DS was set to 2043 and the backup software is saying thats an invalid date.
i want to ask what those files are, are they important? are they not? can i just delete them to make the error go away or can i rewrite the files to the correct date?
they all come from the same couple folders. i dont know what those IDs are so ill redact them but the folder path looks something like

J:\Nintendo 3DS\[long string of numbers and letters]\[long string of numbers and letters]\title\[short string of only numbers]

my best guess is that those are game installations? the folders contain .APP files at the very end of the path. but its all just IDs and non human legible stuff so i cant identify what games they correspond to.

Bongert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is normal. To correct time, fix the rtc in godmode.
my system time is already set to the proper date, but those files were created when the date was wrong and i guess i would need to somehow recreate them with the proper system time.
also, what is godmode exactly? its been a while since i set all of this up and i cant remember everything anymore.

OneOwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my system time is already set to the proper date, but those files were created when the date was wrong and i guess i would need to somehow recreate them with the proper system time.
also, what is godmode exactly? its been a while since i set all of this up and i cant remember everything anymore.
"godmode" is godmode9 to access it hold start while booting your system, personally ive found no problems with having files dates be incorrect but that may be confusing when tracking when you did something on the 3ds, you could try copying them and uploading them to a pc and see if that updates the file edited date.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the creation date is based off the rtc. You might be able to fix it by using a windows app that changes time stamps.

Bongert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i ended up opening all the files with notepad++, making a single character change and reverting it, then saving it. resolved the date issue in the backup software and it seems the game files are also not affected, so nothing got corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also