Gaming Misc Virtual Console New 3DS XL Pokémon Crystal save is apparently corrupted.

Donglo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have my old Friend's code on my friend's 3DS.

My friend sent me the movable.sed. Is there anything specific I have to do or my friend have to do?

His system isn't homebrewed at all and he followed the steps to the guide and was able to get the movable.sed.

Last edited by Donglo,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do have my old Friend's code on my friend's 3DS.

My friend sent me the movable.sed. Is there anything specific I have to do or my friend have to do?

His system isn't homebrewed at all and he followed the steps to the guide and was able to get the movable.sed.
He sent you his moveable.sed, which is completely useless to you. You will need to obtain your moveable.sed using Seedminer, and the first step is for him to run seedstarter.3dsx. Instructions are available at https://github.com/narukaioh/pkm , though you'll want to use the main fork of Seedminer available at https://github.com/zoogie/seedminer/releases .

You will need a PC with powerful GPU hardware in order to run Seedminer. My hardware probably can't do it. If your PC hardware is inadequate, you can try the Nintendo Homebrew Discord, or there might be someone here who can help you.

Donglo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He sent you his moveable.sed, which is completely useless to you. You will need to obtain your moveable.sed using Seedminer, and the first step is for him to run seedstarter.3dsx. Instructions are available at https://github.com/narukaioh/pkm , though you'll want to use the main fork of Seedminer available at https://github.com/zoogie/seedminer/releases .

You will need a PC with powerful GPU hardware in order to run Seedminer. My hardware probably can't do it. If your PC hardware is inadequate, you can try the Nintendo Homebrew Discord, or there might be someone here who can help you.
Okay, he doesn't need the Mii QR code at all?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Read the instructions! :glare: (Specifically the "[B - No homebrew but friend with homebrew]" section.)

ETA: You can use a backup of your SD card; you don't need to use your actual SD card, in case that's not completely clear.

Donglo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the instructions! :glare: (Specifically the "[B - No homebrew but friend with homebrew]" section.)

ETA: You can use a backup of your SD card; you don't need to use your actual SD card, in case that's not completely clear.
Okay but, my friend doesn't have homebrew 3DS. That is why I asked.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, when you said "he followed the steps to the guide and was able to get the movable.sed" I assume you meant he followed the steps to install b9s+Luma.

Does he have a "New" 3DS? Because if he doesn't want to install b9s+Luma (which is understandable), then he can use super-skaterhax to run seedstarter.3dsx, similar to the earlier instructions for running JKSM.

Donglo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, when you said "he followed the steps to the guide and was able to get the movable.sed" I assume you meant he followed the steps to install b9s+Luma.

Does he have a "New" 3DS? Because if he doesn't want to install b9s+Luma (which is understandable), then he can use super-skaterhax to run seedstarter.3dsx, similar to the earlier instructions for running JKSM.
Yeah, he does have a New 3DS XL and he install luma on his 3ds. He has the movable.sed and he tried to decrypt it using ninfs and threeSD but neither seems to work, idk if he just doing it wrong but I'm out of ideas.

But, he decrypt the 00000001.sav and he tried using it on an emulator and it didn't work. But, he thinks maybe it would work on virtual console.

Do you have any suggestions for him?

Editor's Note: He figured it out as the ThreeSD is really picky with the folder paths.
We recovered the save file! Thank you so much as it took some figuring out. I appreciate the help a lot!!

Last edited by Donglo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto