Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a list I got from http://3dsdb.com/ and it doesn't match what I'm seeing elsewhere.

For example, the list states that

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - The Video Game (Rev01) [EUR] [CTR-APCP]

Is 1888, but it's 1301 on the files and other sites I'm seeing. I can't get a list with the CTR codes matching 1301 id.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1301 is no-intro numbering for this game, I'm not sure where 3dsdb sources its information.

You can look it up on dat-o-matic if you want? Advanscene uses no-intro numbering as well.

Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded the many dat files from dat-o-matic and I can't seem to get the release numbers and serial numbers in the same file. I just downloaded the ADVANsCEne sheets from https://www.advanscene.com/ but the release numbers either aren't on them, or don't match their website. I could program a scrap tool to build a database on their website.

Sigh, I'm starting to think it's all arbitrary and I shouldn't worry about it. Just delete what I've got and grab a collection that claims to have them all and call it done.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What ID are you talking about? 3DS apps have only product code (serial) and title IDs, I think the "ID" column in that website is only used internally and has no relevance to the actual game. (unless I'm missing something)

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've downloaded the many dat files from dat-o-matic and I can't seem to get the release numbers and serial numbers in the same file. I just downloaded the ADVANsCEne sheets from https://www.advanscene.com/ but the release numbers either aren't on them, or don't match their website. I could program a scrap tool to build a database on their website.
You may have to select Sort: numbered when generating the dat.

1646686207100.png

No-intro is the way to go for cartridge-based games, imo. For disc-based games go with Redump.

Last edited by Takokeshi,
Reactions: Kayot

Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
That's the missing piece. I added numbered and unironically got the numbers :P, now to make a one shot program to go through and test sha1 and rename these files. Being a data horder can be very taxing.

Thanks for the help!

I also agree on the redump. I used it to rename all my GC and Wii games. I like having the Game ID in the filename so I can make sure I have the file if someone has a differently named file. I can also get the Game ID from the file and check. Now that redump is giving access to their Wii db, I can finally check the hashes.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There are programs already that take the dats and batch rename your files to match their database, and check the files at the same time. I don't use any of them though so I can't recommend any, but you might as well look into that instead of writing your own.

Then again, if you enjoy writing code, then why not. You could put it on github or something and share it so there could be another option for doing this kind of thing.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a list I got from http://3dsdb.com/ and it doesn't match what I'm seeing elsewhere.

For example, the list states that

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - The Video Game (Rev01) [EUR] [CTR-APCP]

Is 1888, but it's 1301 on the files and other sites I'm seeing. I can't get a list with the CTR codes matching 1301 id.
Fun fact. The numbering is actually not part of the scene release, whatever site/database reports on the release puts that number on there and when a bunch of releases happen close together the numbers can differ slightly in different databases.
Because of that the number doesn't have much significance, so it's best not to go by it.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, today is the 25th anniversary of the 1st episode of spongebob