What are some of your controversial gaming opinions

CrakrHakr666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd be surprised at how adamant people are to defending 4K gaming, FFXIII, etc.

Oh and I wanted to say all Final Fantasy games past FFX are absolute shit, there :creep:
I actually really enjoyed FFXI for many years, so I can't say all of them are garbage.

FFXIV is just WoW with mithra.
FFVI is worlds better than FFVII, but FFV was my favorite.
Tales of Phantasia was easily my favorite "Tales of" game. (to be fair I haven't played any of the recent ones)
Metroid: Other M was actually a really good game.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's some of mine, please do keep your head between your shoulders :P

Animal Crossing looks boring as sin.

Elder Scrolls Online is a good game.

Homebrew is useless.

Final Fantasy 6 isn't that great. Final Fantasy 15 is one of the best in the series.

People demand dual audio because in Japanese, they can't make out whether the VA is good or not and can then fool themselves into thinking it's better. Games are better played in a language you can understand.

Super Mario 64 is slippery, inaccurate, and aged poorly.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
lol
I think it's a good game, but I didn't enjoy it as much as other entries. Totally understand why it's loved, though!
While we're at it:

Final Fantasy 7 is overrated. :D

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Arcades died prematurely.

The Xbox One X and PS4 are lazy attempts at upgrades.

Pushing Atheon off in Destiny 1 was not a bug. Even though Bungie oh so adamantly claimed it was. It was abusing a feature.

Open world Zelda is a bad idea.

P2P online gaming is a joke and should be abolished.

Primalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4K isn't that big of a deal. Full HD is fine for most games (even 720p is good enough tbh).
Rooty-tooty point-n-shooty games (yes, that means GTA) are trash.
Paper Mario: Color Splash was an okay game.
EA sucks (they ruined Bejeweled).
DLC is dumb (partially because I have no money).

Reactions: TheTrueDream42
D

Deleted User

• Super Mario World, while a decent platformer, is overrated. The Sonic games, especially Sonic 3 & Knuckles, are much better games. Heck, Super Mario 64 is a much better game than World ever could be. (Sorry, Halo.)
  • Kingdom Hearts I is a better game than Kingdom Hearts II. While I love both, the first installment is just more coherent, more immersive, and just better written.
  • Getting rid of almost all previous characters in Street Fighter III: New Generation was an interesting idea that fans never really completely embraced.
  • While The King of Fighters series has some excellent music, I think Capcom and the Street Fighter series has the edge over them in that regard.
  • The SNES, while rightfully regarded as one of the best consoles of all time, may be just a tad overrated. I say this as a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive fan, so you can choose to take this assertion with a grain of salt.

Homebrew is useless.
Now, does this extend to all homebrew, or just homebrew on modern consoles? Some of the projects I've seen for older gaming systems like the NES, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo, Dreamcast, etc. are very interesting, and definitely worth putting at least a few minutes into.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duke Nukem Forever wasn't a bad game. It just didn't lineup to expectations.
I almost agree with you on that one. I mean, the writing was great, the gameplay was entertaining, the only issue I have with it is the gimmicks. The driving sections for example were way too much for my tastes.

You want some prime tier hot takes though, Daikatana wasn't just not bad, it was legitimately great. As revolutionary as Romero hyped it up to be? Nah. Good? Hell yeah. I went through the whole game almost twice because I legitimately like it that much. I think anyone who appreciates the aesthetics and themes of Quake owes it to themselves to give Daikatana a fair shake, as it has as much character and life if not more than Doom, Quake, and so on. It's at least more than just a tech demo like Quake II was.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I almost agree with you on that one. I mean, the writing was great, the gameplay was entertaining, the only issue I have with it is the gimmicks. The driving sections for example were way too much for my tastes.

You want some prime tier hot takes though, Daikatana wasn't just not bad, it was legitimately great. As revolutionary as Romero hyped it up to be? Nah. Good? Hell yeah. I went through the whole game almost twice because I legitimately like it that much. I think anyone who appreciates the aesthetics and themes of Quake owes it to themselves to give Daikatana a fair shake, as it has as much character and life if not more than Doom, Quake, and so on. It's at least more than just a tech demo like Quake II was.
I actually picked Daikatana up at a goodwill here not too long ago. Thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Now, does this extend to all homebrew, or just homebrew on modern consoles? Some of the projects I've seen for older gaming systems like the NES, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo, Dreamcast, etc. are very interesting, and definitely worth putting at least a few minutes into.
Modern consoles, as I'm not familiar with the homebrew offerings on systems older than the Wii. I say it's useless because most of what it can accomplish can already be done (and often times better) by other devices, like PCs and smartphones. Now, I gotta be fair, too. 3DS emulators are useful because portability, save editors and mods are appealing to some as well. However, I personally haven't had/felt a need for much of that, so to me, homebrew doesn't mean much.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof