Kanters84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I got 2 wiiu consoles, lets call them wiiu1 (which i got for like a year) and wiiu2 (which is about a week old)
wiiu1 has been hacked for over a year ago and was working with a 500GB external hdd (seagate) which has its own powercord.
always worked like a charm.

2 weeks ago my daugther wanted a wiiu for herself on her bedroom, so i buyed an extra wiiu plus a new hdd (2tb seagate) also with its own powercord.
i did all mods on the wiiu, got cbhc running and its all working, then i started installing games onto the new 2tb drive with wiiu2.
so far no problems, but after i installed like 30 games the hdd seems to get slow.
loading up the game icons would take forever, also installing a new one, i can even count the bytes :S
just sudden from one to another moment.

so i thought let just leave it off for a while.

i started my own wiiu1 to play further on with zelda botw (almost 100% clear!!)
then i discovered this wiiu has EXACT the same problem, but i didnt even touched it for over a week.

anyone familair with this?
already tried to reformat the 2tb disk and started installing new games onto it, but its just slooooooooooow

HELP!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download and install CrystalDiskInfo to your PC. Then plug in the hard disks (one at a time) to the PC and check it with CrystalDiskInfo.

Could have reallocated sectors or unrecoverable errors on the drive(s).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the metadata indexer is suppose to increase hdd read speed by only focusing on the needed files like the main executable and icons. I don't know what's happening here, but I have 265 games installed, and it's pretty fast. when you say slow, do you mean the home menu or playing the game. the indexer is off loaded when a game is launched for this very reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids