Weekend Discussion: What "dream game" would you want to see get announced?

review_banffner_base_new.png

The gaming industry outputs hundreds upon thousands of games each year, with all sorts of different varieties of genres and concepts to choose from. Selections such as AAA major title entries, niche lesser-known games, independent games, and everything in between. With so many options, there's bound to be something that every person can wholeheartedly enjoy. This brings about the question of what game you love the most, and what remake, sequel, revival, or revolutionary creation you'd want to see in the future. In the past few years, we've seen quite the number of hard to believe reveals, ranging from the remake of the beloved Final Fantasy VII, a spiritual successor to Castlevania: SOTN, a sequel to Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption, a long-awaited revival of the Shenmue series, a tease for Elder Scrolls VI, a new title from The Witcher devs: Cyberpunk 2077, Kingdom Hearts III, the announcement of Metroid Prime 4, a new Smash Bros., and so many more.

Does this future lineup sate your desires, or is there something you long to see get announced at one of the many gaming trade shows, like E3, Gamescom, or Tokyo Game Show? Perhaps an ancient JRPG series that you want to finally get a western release? Or maybe something that could no longer be created, due to the developers having shut down, but still a game you'd still want to see happen one day, despite the odds? A franchise buried by years past, ignored by its IP owner? Even worse, a series that was once great, yet fell from grace, that you want to see returned to its former glory?

Even with so many games releasing per year, that doesn't mean the well of ideas is dry, either. There could be an idea for a game that you've had for ages, but has never come close to being a real game. What are your thoughts? Is there a specific idea or game that would make your dreams come true, if it were to be announced? Let us know in the comments below!

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Vectorman remakes, remaster, sequels, prequels...its the only game i never saw again after vectorman 2 (i dont count recent android port or other port)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I'm being unrealistic, then I would say Super Smash Bros Melee HD for Switch. If I was being realistic, then I would say another 2D side scrolling Metroid game like Fusion and Zero Mission. Those games were fantastic, and I found that something was lost when they went to 3D imo.
metroid, yes!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know I will be the only person to say this but I would love to see a new Super Princess Peach game come out for the switch.
youre not the only

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realistically I'd like a new Way of the Samurai or Shinobido, but if I could have ANYTHING, it'd be Rival Schools 3 or a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer.
I didn't think there were other fans. Rival Schools and Project Justice were the shit! We played it all the time back when I had friends.

Reactions: DS1
D

Deleted User

C&C on Switch
C&C on Switch
C&C on Switch
C&C on Switch
C&C on Switch

Or even Starcraft, I'm not too picky :P

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Paper Mario 64 HD and Donkey Kong Country SNES Trilogy HD
As long as they were meticulous about the physics in Donkey Kong Country 1-3 I would be okay with it, but if they changed it like what happened with the Crash Bandicoot HD Trilogy, then I would likely not purchase it since I enjoy the mechanics on a speedrunning level

Reactions: Deleted User

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun gameplay but the voice acting was pretty terribad. I found myself playing it with the sound off because of how annoying I found it.

I enjoyed the voices in uprising the only thing I didn't like was having to use the touch screen to change direction I would've perferred a second analog stick instead.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I enjoyed the voices in uprising the only thing I didn't like was having to use the touch screen to change direction I would've perferred a second analog stick instead.
You know they released a secondary joystick for the 3DS that works with this game?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think there were other fans. Rival Schools and Project Justice were the shit! We played it all the time back when I had friends.

Every time I see one of these "what game do you want Capcom to announce" things, Rival Schools is always the favorite. Sadly I don't think they're capable of making another one. They all started in the arcades and had a big player base, then they added really in-depth single player modes to the console releases. Capcom seems to have completely forgotten what it means to make a fighting game good single player.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd love a One piece themed RPG which the mechanics of the anime but you as your own unique character. Open world RPG.

Otherwise I'd LOVE Nintendo to do any form of VR title. I just know they'd absolutely nail it and their charm and attention to detail would be beautiful.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
C&C on Switch
C&C on Switch
C&C on Switch
C&C on Switch
C&C on Switch

Or even Starcraft, I'm not too picky :P

Well since our hopes for the continuation of the C&C franchise is pretty much destroyed with the announcement of that mobile abomination I sincerely doubt this will happen.
Also RTS games really don't play well on consoles IMO, so IF it happens, I would rather have it on PC even though I barely play any games on my PC anymore.
I have to admit that it has been a while since I tried an RTS on console, so if you have any tips for any that are actually good I would love to hear it.

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A remake or sequel or something to Solatorobo.
That game was a hidden gem. Even if you thought it was mediocre, you still can't deny that it's underrated- that's how few copies they sold.

It wasn't absolutely stunning in any area in particular, but for a small studio, on such weak hardware, you have to admit they balanced quality pretty well. I personally really liked the detail they put into worldbuilding.

If we're throwing out an entirely crazy, unique idea, Google Earth but (with at the very least, famous landmarks and tourist spots) made into a videogame world and refined manually, complete with generated vegetation, structures that take building material into account, etc.
Basically Planet Earth: The Game. But for real. And probably without NPC's, because that would take too much focus to make not terrible.
You'd have to crowdsource something like that if you really wanted an amazing product.
Some day, I'd love to make that. Open for anyone to contribute to (with a plethora of moderation tools of course) and open to use data from. You couldn't commercialize something like that, but it would be an amazing feat of technology, and it would allow you to explore the physical world without ever leaving your own home.
And of course you'd have VR support.

Last edited by JavaScribe,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a good 3d open world castlevania that is the vein of BOTW

similar to Simons quest but good ,maybe a 3d open world lose remake of Simons quest
replace shines with mansions only have them much bigger and extensive , keep the castle , keep the horrible night for a curse/ blood moon day and night system

more towns than BOTW though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu