Hacking [Warning] Do not mess with coldboothax please

Goodbye !

• Total voters

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
It is currently impossible to boot to sysNAND with coldboothax installed, none has made a fork of iosuhax specifically for this purpose but it is possible so if the demand is great enough and if enough people regret installing coldboot hax someone will make a fw.img that lets them undo their changes

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i might be wrong but i think, that once coldboothax is installed, and rednand is booted, the only system files we have access to are the rednand's

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok guys, don't listen to NexoCube because he as usual is dead wrong. And how do I know this? Simple. The name "NexoCube" has 8 letters, that's 5+3=8 and as you may have guessed 8-5=3. Having said this I think you guys know where I'm going with it. Do you know how many sides a triangle has? That's right, exactly 3! And what comes to mind when someone mentions a triangle?! That's right, geometry! And who is really good at math? You're right again, the Japanese! So yeah "NexoCube" or should I say president and CEO of Nintendo Satoru Iwata, your mind games and shenanigans end here. If you're not convinced yet, the number 8 is the exact same number of niples Hitler would have had if he had 6 more!

TL;DR: Just do it!

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, don't listen to NexoCube because he as usual is dead wrong. And how do I know this? Simple. The name "NexoCube" has 8 letters, that's 5+3=8 and as you may have guessed 8-5=3. Having said this I think you guys know where I'm going with it. Do you know how many sides a triangle has? That's right, exactly 3! And what comes to mind when someone mentions a triangle?! That's right, geometry! And who is really good at math? You're right again, the Japanese! So yeah "NexoCube" or should I say president and CEO of Nintendo Satoru Iwata, your mind games and shenanigans end here. If you're not convinced yet, the number 8 is the exact same number of niples Hitler would have had if he had 6 more!

TL;DR: Just do it!
I can't tell if you are being serious or not. But all that letter stuff seems irrelevant I know what it could imply but the explanation could be confusing to people. And yes, there have been several people pointing to the guys involvement with nintendo such as pictures of his at HQ but he is no way the CEO that is ridiculous. Also he Hitler thing is also irrelevant sure you are right but what is the point? A lot of the stuff you said ( and I do not mean to be insulting ) is plain non-sense. I am sure you thought it through but I don't see what you mean in all of it. I get you are trying to help the community and everything and I do not mean to stomp on anyone's progress but I think if you took another look at what you said maybe amend it a little. I am sure you are being lighthearted at points but overall trying to convey some deep-seeded lesson which I am sure holds validity but at first glance some might believe you are being facetious. I know that isn't the case but others may not. Once again I appreciate and vlaue your input.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't tell if you are being serious or not. But all that letter stuff seems irrelevant I know what it could imply but the explanation could be confusing to people. And yes, there have been several people pointing to the guys involvement with nintendo such as pictures of his at HQ but he is no way the CEO that is ridiculous. Also he Hitler thing is also irrelevant sure you are right but what is the point? A lot of the stuff you said ( and I do not mean to be insulting ) is plain non-sense. I am sure you thought it through but I don't see what you mean in all of it. I get you are trying to help the community and everything and I do not mean to stomp on anyone's progress but I think if you took another look at what you said maybe amend it a little. I am sure you are being lighthearted at points but overall trying to convey some deep-seeded lesson which I am sure holds validity but at first glance some might believe you are being facetious. I know that isn't the case but others may not. Once again I appreciate and vlaue your input.
Are you taking a troll seriously??? [emoji1] [emoji2] [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I've got some info on why bricks could be caused, I've got it working, and it seems nexo's system.xml is a little different from mine. Here's the two for comparison.
Here's mine, it doesn't brick upon sysNAND installation, successful coldboot.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<system type="complex" access="777">
<version type="unsignedInt" length="4">21</version>
<cmdFlags type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</cmdFlags>
<default_os_id type="hexBinary" length="8">000500101000400a</default_os_id>

<default_title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005000010179B00</default_title_id>

<log type="complex">
<enable type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</enable>
<max_size type="unsignedInt" length="4">8388607</max_size>
</log>
<standby type="complex">
<enable type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</enable></standby>
<ramdisk type="complex">
<cache_user_code type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</cache_user_code>
<max_file_size type="unsignedInt" length="4">10485760</max_file_size>

<cache_delay_ms type="unsignedInt" length="4">10000</cache_delay_ms>
</ramdisk>
<simulated_ppc_mem2_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</simulated_ppc_mem2_size>

<dev_mode type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</dev_mode>
<prev_title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0000000000000000</prev_title_id>

<prev_os_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0000000000000000</prev_os_id>
<default_app_type type="hexBinary" length="4">90000001</default_app_type>

<default_device_type type="string" length="16" />
<default_device_index type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</default_device_index>

<fast_relaunch_value type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</fast_relaunch_value>

<default_eco_title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005001010066000</default_eco_title_id>

</system>

Here's Nexo's, bricks upon sysNAND install, has more length=0 then mine.
Code:

<default_title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005000010179c00</default_title_id>

<log type="complex" length="0">
</log>
<standby type="complex" length="0">
<enable type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</enable></standby>
<ramdisk type="complex" length="0">

</ramdisk>
<simulated_ppc_mem2_size type="hexBinary" length="4">00000000</simulated_ppc_mem2_size>

<default_eco_title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005001010066000</default_eco_title_id>

</system>

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I highly recommand not trying to install it, it will 99% brick your Wii U
Also, this is not fact, it doesn't even seem remotely related, everyone else who bricked had the game on usb/standby/quickstart enabled, that probably has a factor in the bricking.

Reactions: peteruk

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got some info on why bricks could be caused, I've got it working, and it seems nexo's system.xml is a little different from mine. Here's the two for comparison.
Here's mine, it doesn't brick upon sysNAND installation, successful coldboot.
Code:

<default_title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005000010179B00</default_title_id>

<log type="complex">
</log>
<standby type="complex">
<enable type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</enable></standby>
<ramdisk type="complex">

</ramdisk>

</system>

Here's Nexo's, bricks upon sysNAND install, has more length=0 then mine.
Code:

<default_title_id type="hexBinary" length="8">0005000010179c00</default_title_id>

<log type="complex" length="0">
</log>
<standby type="complex" length="0">
<enable type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</enable></standby>
<ramdisk type="complex" length="0">

</ramdisk>

</system>

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, this is not fact, it doesn't even seem remotely related, everyone else who bricked had the game on usb/standby/quickstart enabled, that probably has a factor in the bricking.
Yes, but quickstart is also one of the possible recovery methods, so maybe coldboothax is just a bad idea entirely.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would anyone even want this?

With Haxchi allowing HBL or redNAND access direct from system menu now I see no reason why you'd want to force redNAND and lose sysNAND entirely?

Plus even if it is successful for you, if you ever brick your redNAND you brick your entire console which kinda negates the entire point of redNAND.

I have redNAND and a nice redNAND loader on my menu, I'm 100% happy with that. TBH I was nervous just patching brain training, I don't think I could ever mess with system files.

Reactions: peteruk

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Coldboothax be used to boot into patch sysNAND, like with FIX94's fw.img, instead of RedNAND? If that's the case, I'd be much more interested in trying this, since I'm not too keen on RedNAND as it stands nowadays.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Can Coldboothax be used to boot into patch sysNAND, like with FIX94's fw.img, instead of RedNAND? If that's the case, I'd be much more interested in trying this, since I'm not too keen on RedNAND as it stands nowadays.
Can I ask why your not keen on redNAND? It seems the more sensible choice IMO, any changes only affect redNAND and if you brick your redNAND then you reinject your backup and continue as you were. If you mess with your sysNAND and brick it you've got a full and unrecoverable brick (without a hardmod, a backup and your OTP).

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask why your not keen on redNAND? It seems the more sensible choice IMO, any changes only affect redNAND and if you brick your redNAND then you reinject your backup and continue as you were. If you mess with your sysNAND and brick it you've got a full and unrecoverable brick (without a hardmod, a backup and your OTP).

I am fully aware of the benefits of RedNAND. But a sig-patched, region-free sysNAND has been much easier to use for me, not to mention faster to boot and a working vWii. If I'm not installing titles like sysconfigtool or messing with weird stuff, sysNAND is perfectly fine for me.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
I am fully aware of the benefits of RedNAND. But a sig-patched, region-free sysNAND has been much easier to use for me, not to mention faster to boot and a working vWii. If I'm not installing titles like sysconfigtool or messing with weird stuff, sysNAND is perfectly fine for me.
Yesterday I had to run a script that patched brain training on my sysNAND to turn it into a redNAND loader, despite the fact hundreds of users reported it as working fine I was still terrified something would go wrong and my console would brick.

Luckily it worked fine but I'm just not willing to operate hacks of any description on my sysNAND, I want any hacks running in a nice sandbox.

Just to be clear, I wasn't being funny or anything. You should do what's best for you just like I did what's best for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone