• Total voters

NexoCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nah screw that, blame smealum.

so... not to sound exploitative. but how much are you looking to get for your gamepads and power supplies?

Don't blame smea, that's actually our fault, but smea should have deleted it from his readme ...
Even if the NOTE was self-explanatory

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't blame smea, that's actually our fault, but smea should have deleted it from his readme ...
Even if the NOTE was self-explanatory
i was joking, he shouldnt delete anytjing that would be lame.

if you knew enough and were capable of editing that thing and uploading it back to your wiiu. then you could of stopped at the xml you knew had the function of loading your wiiu.

if you even have any nanddump or rednand then maybe once the writing process is nailed down you can do that

its not like he said go and delete your system32

Last edited by TheZander,

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well , I bricked even though I'm pretty sure I installed everything as I should have.

If I had to take a guess , I think it was because I installed the "Haxchi title" on USB where It should have been on NAND.

I can upload my system.xml , if you want.

EDIT : On RedNAND , I tried setting the default title id as system config tool and it worked perfectly (because the title was on NAND ?)

And don't get me wrong , the only person I blame is MYSELF.
you have nand backup

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well , I bricked even though I'm pretty sure I installed everything as I should have.

If I had to take a guess , I think it was because I installed the "Haxchi title" on USB where It should have been on NAND.

I can upload my system.xml , if you want.

EDIT : On RedNAND , I tried setting the default title id as system config tool and it worked perfectly (because the title was on NAND ?)

And don't get me wrong , the only person I blame is MYSELF.
do you have standby/quick menu enabled? i might be able to help you, if you can help me with a test.

Reactions: Exavold

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Just realised something, we can actually use the flashing yellow/blue light bug to our advantage. It still allows us to use quickstart but it completely freezes the wii u on standby. This means we can have the best of both worlds, quick start and no secret updates!!

Reactions: RealityNinja

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that the nand backups you made with the public tools aren't suitable for sysnand restore, right ?

Reactions: Azel

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am sorry for you unlucky guys who bricked their consoles. I personally didn't try the coldboothax because I found the tutorial too complicated. If I brick my Wii U the only thing I will regret are the upcoming Zelda BOTW and maybe Yooka Laylee.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I may be wrong but.....It looks like that "trick" only works on US console
So far seems like the people who bricked had an EUR console.
If anyone with EUR ran it successfully on rednand (DO NOT TRY ON SYSNAND) please reply

Reactions: NexoCube

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks man you put your wiiu on the line so cowards like myself can have some dumbproof all in one cfw package in the future

Best wishes and hope you can get another wiiu soon, great console

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
people who install coldboothax are permanently locked out of sysnand
and there's no way to revert back the changes done to the xml, is that right?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont have proof, but i assume if you have a way to boot back to wupserver (which is part of the unbrick method im testing) you can modify sysnand again
If there was a way to boot into wupserver you wouldn't be bricked because you could just boot into rednand which would mean coldboothax installed successfully. The brick completely blocks you out of sysnand, so even if you could boot a sysnand fw.img it would try booting the DS title again.

Reactions: xtheman

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was a way to boot into wupserver you wouldn't be bricked because you could just boot into rednand which would mean coldboothax installed successfully. The brick completely blocks you out of sysnand, so even if you could boot a sysnand fw.img it would try booting the DS title again.
Yeah, so it would only work with rednand users. Still, its worth a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up