• Total voters

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Introduction

Me, NexoCube, just decided to made this thread, to warn people about the risk encountered while installing coldboothax.

I know that @KevinX8 made a thread about it, but it wasn't very clear ...

Bricked console

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-bricked-my-wii-u-because-i-changed-system-xml-flash-nand-guide.448856/
http://www.wiiubru.com/rip/

Exavold hasn't been added to this list because he didn't publicly told about it, i hope he will not be angry when he will se that...

Main subject

As you may know, i have bricked my Wii U the 11th of November (happy remembrance day for me...)
The reason it bricked was that smealum trick that were supposed to allow coldboothax was bullshit, for me :P (i heard some poeple made it work on redNAND)

There's a "NOTE" that says that messing with this file could easily brick our Wii U and he was right...

I highly recommand not trying to install it, it will 99% brick your Wii U

I hope you will be cleverer than me and some others mate. (@Exavold ;) )

Final notes

As i bricked my Wii U, this will probably be my last thread on the Wii U sections of this website ...
I'm going to now, work on 3DS stuff !
Thanks for that beautiful year on the Wii U scene :) (even if i haven't made anything... publicly ;) )
Hey, do you have your original nand?
Are you 32gb or 8 gb?
Can you upload your original nand and a direct copy of an empty wii u formatted sd big enough to house your nand and 1 extra gb?
I may be able to help but you will likely have to temporarily solder the sd card in place of your emmc.
There also remains a way to force the wii u to read from the sd card. (still will require tearing down the console)
You will need to locate the "sw" pins near the emmc. Then you need to severe their connections between eachother.
6 of the 10 need to be bridged together and the other 4 need to remain disconnected. This will bypass the nand and the emmc and will boot from the sd card. (which ones need severed and which ones need bridged?... PM me) Severing and bridging in a different combo will allow it to boot from usb as well.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Well , I bricked even though I'm pretty sure I installed everything as I should have.

If I had to take a guess , I think it was because I installed the "Haxchi title" on USB where It should have been on NAND.

I can upload my system.xml , if you want.

EDIT : On RedNAND , I tried setting the default title id as system config tool and it worked perfectly (because the title was on NAND ?)

And don't get me wrong , the only person I blame is MYSELF.
Just one thing: Thank yourself for blaming yourself. See, I blamed myself for bricking one out of two New 3DS XL's :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...