Hacking [Warning] a new update is just got released

pronomatser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i totally agree! I even have 2 wifi cards but they are not working yet. It would be funny if my wii updated from 5.3.2 because of not setting up secondary dns..

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Man I really wish that was actually mentioned correctly in that guide. I just turned my WiiU on and it hadn't updated, I spoofed the firmware and changed the secondary DNS just now. Why would a stickied thread like that be missing out on such an important step?
Well tbh its self explanatory, not just to you but to others this is a savior! Think about it, if we left the Secondary input all Zero's as it comes standard on all Zero's, then the WiiU will detect that as no DNS entry so if the Primary goes wrong, it reverts to the Secondary slot standard cause thats what its there for back up, reads it as all Zero's and then thinks Argh no DNS has been entered so I will revert back to my original internet settings which in turn, turns the DNS off the WiiU then has full access to updating which it will do and update asap while your systems on standby, which you would not know this has ever even gone on because you thought entering>107.211.140.065 in just the Primary Field will be OK and very safe but your very wrong..

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: cvskid

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup here also , also a SMALL LIGHTNING FAST UPDATE only counting about 60 Mb.
Ah well not bothered about Homebrew atm, got my Wii for Emus etc...
Though it would be a nice bonus to this awesome system....to keep the system fresh in the future...

Last edited by Hielkenator,

KevAqn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well tbh its self explanatory, not just to you but to others this is a savior! Think about it, if we left the Secondary input all Zero's as it comes standard on all Zero's, then the WiiU will detect that as no DNS entry so if the Primary goes wrong, it reverts to the Secondary slot standard cause thats what its there for back up, reads it as all Zero's and then thinks Argh no DNS has been entered so I will revert back to my original internet settings which in turn, turns the DNS off the WiiU then has full access to updating which it will do and update asap while your systems on standby, which you would not know this has ever even gone on because you thought entering>107.211.140.065 in just the Primary Field will be OK and very safe but your very wrong..

I kind of thought that when I first saw it, but you know being new to the whole section one would assume the damn person that got his info stickied would be a reliable source of info...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters