Hacking [Warning] a new update is just got released

AmyGrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really glad I decided it enable TubeHax DNS and turn off standby last week. Still on 5.5.0U. Though I may also disconnect the Ethernet cable as well just to play it safe.

I also put the TubeHax DNS ip address in both the primary and secondary fields.

Last edited by AmyGrrl,

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I read that you only set the primary DNS and leave the 2nd DNS as all zero's in case it fails.
That could be the case, I still don't have 100% understanding but i am making sure to go back through stickies and similar threads, just trying to help the best i can.

Reactions: cvskid

koname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did same mistake completed the download but when iwas installing in 27% I turned off My console and after it i was to checo and still in 5.5.0J só what happened? ._.

what happens in this situation? my friend had the update downloaded but turned off his wii u before it even began and its still 5
5.0. is he safe?

attached a pic he sent me. he just set up tubehax after this happened

Attachments

• 1452700233810.jpg
    1452700233810.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
Last edited by koname,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the Tubehax DNS was only needed as the Primary DNS. :( Oops.
Yeah you need to put the 107.211.140.065 in Primary & Secondary inputs in the WiiU, its most important in the Secondary input so the WiiU wont go online at all, if the Primary goes wrong, the Secondary input will just revert all the time back to the Primary DNS setting turning everything offline or not updated could of been in your case because they have the same inputs!. This is probably why your WiiU updated because the Primary field went wrong it reverted over to the Secondary input and went online and updated asap without you even knowing and tbh I looked at the guide>https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/ and it does not mention this at all, it actually mentions to put 0.0.0.0 in the boxes, which is not good the Secondary needs an input else leaving it in auto mode all zero's in the input field which in turn to the WiiU means no DNS at all, it will revert back onto the original internet settings and bingo it will go online and update the WiiU fully! But tbh this has been mentioned several times in many threads before but if you read up on the Guide that I'm sure probably many did its wrong and needs changing!

Edit: also another good tip here, if you have a 3DS, 3DSXL, N3DS, N3DSXL and you use Gateway or CFW on them also do the same as the WiiU, put the Tubehax settings in both inputs, trust me it will save you without failure!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you need to put the 107.211.140.065 in Primary & Secondary inputs in the WiiU, its most important in the Secondary input so the WiiU wont go online at all, if the Secondary goes wrong, the Secondary input will just revert all the time back to the Primary DNS setting, this is probably why your WiiU updated and tbh I looked at the guide>https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/ and it does not mention this at all it says to put 0.0.0.0 which is not good the Secondary needs an input else leaving it in auto mode, it will revert back onto the internet! But tbh this has been mentioned several times in many threads before but if you read up on the Guide that I'm sure probably many did its wrong and needs changing!
That is good to know, might as well set it for both dns on wii u and 3ds then.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
That is good to know, might as well set it for both dns on wii u and 3ds then.
Yes, its quite an important part and will always save your precious 5.3.2FW WiiU from ever updating in the future no matter what happens to Tubehax! and of course 5.5.0FW exploits, incoming!

Last edited by Reecey,

eza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just read about this and turned on my Wii U, went straight to system settings from the quick start, and the version was still 5.5.0
Checked download management and it had begun downloading a system update, so I held down the power button to forcibly turn it off, and then unplugged the power cable.

Seems like I was lucky. Won't plug it back in again until a 5.5.0 hack has been released, and will be very very careful in applying the hack. It could be years before the next exploit is discovered!

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the WiiU update in standby mode? I haven't turned it on in since last week. Turned it on this morning with the network disconnected from my WAP and it was already on 5.5.1 when I turned it on.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the WiiU update in standby mode? I haven't turned it on in since last week. Turned it on this morning with the network disconnected from my WAP and it was already on 5.5.1 when I turned it on.
Did you have tubehax dns on your wii u when it happened?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to leave standby on with tubehax? Or will the update make it through somehow?
Even though I've never heard of an update installing itself during standby mode with Tubehax DNS, it's not worth the risk. I advise you to take your Wii U off standby mode.

KevAqn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you need to put the 107.211.140.065 in Primary & Secondary inputs in the WiiU, its most important in the Secondary input so the WiiU wont go online at all, if the Primary goes wrong, the Secondary input will just revert all the time back to the Primary DNS setting turning everything offline or not updated could of been in your case because they have the same inputs!. This is probably why your WiiU updated because the Primary field went wrong it reverted over to the Secondary input and went online and updated asap without you even knowing and tbh I looked at the guide>https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/ and it does not mention this at all, it actually mentions to put 0.0.0.0 in the boxes, which is not good the Secondary needs an input else leaving it in auto mode all zero's in the input field which in turn to the WiiU means no DNS at all, it will revert back onto the original internet settings and bingo it will go online and update the WiiU fully! But tbh this has been mentioned several times in many threads before but if you read up on the Guide that I'm sure probably many did its wrong and needs changing!

Edit: also another good tip here, if you have a 3DS, 3DSXL, N3DS, N3DSXL and you use Gateway or CFW on them also do the same as the WiiU, put the Tubehax settings in both inputs, trust me it will save you without failure!

Man I really wish that was actually mentioned correctly in that guide. I just turned my WiiU on and it hadn't updated, I spoofed the firmware and changed the secondary DNS just now. Why would a stickied thread like that be missing out on such an important step?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse