Gaming Want to see what big budget movies will look like in 3D on 3DS

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Great stuff man, wish I could get hands on the Avatar one lol, oh well, downloading the rest, will post my impressions.

EDIT:- WHOA dude, Megamind looks awesome!! Thanks for taking your time in delivering something like this xD, the Megamind shot of space looks gorgeous.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
got it working.

my NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Supports 3D!
biggrin.gif

it has a nifty easy to use 3D Image viewer (that supports .MPO)

I have it set for some bluuee and cyyaann glasses...lol..the sammy's adventure jellyfish was AWESOME
ohmy.gif

so was the Megamind Pictures
biggrin.gif

DoomRavager

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
This Ain't Avatar XXX (pg-13 edition) link has been purged. Anyone got a mirror?

Also, if anyone has a link to the XXX edition is it against the rules for it to be sent via PM?

With that said, great work on these, OP!

hollow_83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I really try very hard to see the 3D effect on this images but it's barely amazing.

Yes some images give the feeling of depth but i don't see any pop out or
any amazing 3D.

At dreamworks image the hook appears a liitle blurry but i think that picture
is the worst of all.

And i wonder do you really see the 3D effect or it is just a placebo ?

I have no problem watching 3D movies, but iam a bit dissapointed with the 3D effect of
3DS.

I have SFVI and again i am not amazed, from my experience these five days with the 3DS
is that the effect is like play in box (i mean it only gives depth and not pop out).

I 'll wait for new games written exclusively for 3D and make my final opinion.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hollow_83 said:
I really try very hard to see the 3D effect on this images but it's barely amazing.

any amazing 3D.

is the worst of all.

I have no problem watching 3D movies, but iam a bit dissapointed with the 3D effect of
3DS.

I have SFVI and again i am not amazed, from my experience these five days with the 3DS
is that the effect is like play in box (i mean it only gives depth and not pop out).

It either your eyes/mind (not trying to say it in a bad way) or you looking at the wrong pics.

Gamecube/Wii Pics

Look at the recent Selda
laugh.gif
or Monster Hunter pics.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hollow_83 said:

any amazing 3D.

is the worst of all.

3DS.

did you look at the sammy pictures or the snake one? if those don't pop out for you nothing will

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Some of these pictures look really flat, it looks like the they consist of 2-3 flat layers, similar to a pop up book. Look at the pirates of the Caribbean pics.
The problem is that the cameras they use to film with have the two lenses parallel to each other rather than having them slightly angled.
The angled lenses gives you two somewhat different perspectives of the object that's being viewed.
____
____|

____
____| parallel camera lenses

------------------------------------------
____
____/

____
____\ angled camera lenses

Imagine holding a DVD case in front of your face and in between your eyes.
Not only will you see the slim line that's the back of the case but you will also see
little of both the front and the back cover as well, giving you the illusion of not only depth but volume too.

I really hope that game developers consider this, I don't want to play games in 3D that lack proper volume.
lecture.gif

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eerpow said:
Some of these pictures look really flat, it looks like the they consist of 2-3 flat layers, similar to a pop up book. Look at the pirates of the Caribbean pics.
The problem is that the cameras they use to film with have the two lenses parallel to each other rather than having them slightly angled.
The angled lenses gives you two somewhat different perspectives of the object that's being viewed.
____
____|

____
____| parallel camera lenses

------------------------------------------
____
____/

____
____\ angled camera lenses

Imagine holding a DVD case in front of your face and in between your eyes.
Not only will you see the slim line that's the back of the case but you will also see
little of both the front and the back cover as well, giving you the illusion of not only depth but volume too.

I really hope that game developers consider this, I don't want to play games in 3D that lack proper volume.
lecture.gif

I didn't knew about that parallel/angled lenses, but wouldn't the problem be that a lot of those movies are 3D conversions? I mean, I'm not sure, but aren't they? Because 3D conversions are actually this flat-looking, it's a very ugly 3D that really won't do for me (but apparently a lot of people don't mind consuming this s****y flat fake 3D, because they sell.. dont they?).
closedeyes.gif

3D conversions are easy to make, I saw a lot of them here.. the result isn't nice, and is misleading, to say the least, because you'll have the wrong impression of the 3D effect on the 3DS.. the effect of the screen have some limitations considering depth, I admit it, but even so it's very nice, you just need good 3D material to get a notion of the real effect.

hollow_83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
phantastic91 said:
hollow_83 said:

any amazing 3D.

is the worst of all.

3DS.

did you look at the sammy pictures or the snake one? if those don't pop out for you nothing will

As i said there is depth but no pop out.

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hollow_83 said:
phantastic91 said:
hollow_83 said:

any amazing 3D.

is the worst of all.

3DS.

Just ajust the depth/image separation (in the 3DS, you move the analong stick left and right), and some features are sure to pop out of the screen.

heh

hollow_83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
zumbertinho said:
hollow_83 said:
phantastic91 said:
hollow_83 said:

any amazing 3D.

is the worst of all.

3DS.

Just ajust the depth/image separation (in the 3DS, you move the analong stick left and right), and some features are sure to pop out of the screen.

heh

When i move the analog a little icon with a red dissalow appears at the left bottom corner and nothing happens.

The only image tha slightly gives the feeling of pop out is one with sammy underwater.

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hollow_83 said:
When i move the analog a little icon with a red dissalow appears at the left bottom corner and nothing happens.

The only image tha slightly gives the feeling of pop out is one with sammy underwater.

I think this is only allowed on pictures you took with the camera... try Stereo Photo Maker, you'll probably be able to adjust the separation there.

hollow_83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the link.

Again the pop out effect is not great and barely visible.

You can only see it if you compare the poped out image with the screen borders and
it gives you the feeling that the image is slightly outside of the screen borders, but nothing
special.

Anyway i played ridge racer and yes in that game the pop out effect of all the particles is great,
but on these images is barely visible, not only to me but to anyone i showed them.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent a PM to ThE MaSTeR 3 with some hosting info, hopefully he uses it. Having slower downloads and time limits hinders people from grabbing all the ZIP files at once. Eighteen in the other thread wasn't interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.