Hacking Waninkoko's cIOSX rev21 possible release date?

Cloudbringer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
QUOTE said:
Custom IOS Rev21 is in beta state and its development stopped. After some testing, I'll fix the remaining bugs and release it. ~October
11:39 AM Sep 23rd via Twitter for iPad

taken from wankinkoko's twitter

can't wait for this, going to be epic
biggrin.gif

many people are guessing what the fixes will be, and what the easter egg of rev20 is:
- easter egg rumored to be GC loading... (who knows? he does know his way around a wii)
- going link to the post when i find it again.
- triiforce is rumored to be functional with this rev (which is good for all of us that don't want to install old games on our wii's taking up space)

who know's there might be, and there might not be, these are all guesses, not facts.

/Cloud
it's a rant post of a noob who can't hold in his exitement
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The rev20 easter egg is running gamecube games at wii clock speed. Which only works for a handful of games and then really buggy. And rev20 was supposed to work correctly with TriiForce, but some changes he made were lost somehow.

From his twitter 11:39 AM Sep 23rd:
"Custom IOS Rev21 is in beta state and its development stopped. After some testing, I'll fix the remaining bugs and release it. ~October"

And then lots of stuff ps3 related. If we ever see rev21, i think it will take a while and it will only fix bugs.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Coconuts 500 said:
I would assume it is PS3 homebrew related. He's deep into that stuff nowadays.
I hope so.
wink.gif

The ps3 need a loader like usb loader gx or cfg loader.

Sure, Jurai released some interesting stuff(obm) and hermes has released the payload v3.

But there is a lot to do.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
HiBit said:
Juanmatron said:
He don´t going to do anything.
PS3 Demo Manager!?

Juanmatron said:
He needs the source code of anyone first.

Waninkoko
Now I have a LV2 dump
biggrin.gif
Thanks everybody.
8:53 PM Oct 3rd via Twitter for iPad

Waninkoko’s apps have just been thin wrappers around existing code or tools written by others.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Juanmatron said:
Waninkoko’s apps have just been thin wrappers around existing code or tools written by others.

It sounds like you just copy/pasted that straight from one of Marcan's rageposts on Wanin's USB loader. Even if it was true, would it be a bad thing? I thought that was part of the whole open-source idea, being able to stitch together others' parts and improve on them. So has anyone pegged him with a GPL violation or anything? Also, wouldn't we probably see a dozen similar cIOSes running around consisting of the same code, done by different authors?

I don't get why people rag on Waninkoko as much as they do. On one hand, some of the complaints about his apps are plenty valid (ahem updaters)...but he has contributed a hell of a lot to the community. He didn't even have a Gecko until relatively recently, so it's no wonder he had trouble ironing out bugs. I thought rev20 turned out pretty well, nothing inconvenienced me with it.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
It sounds like you just copy/pasted that straight from one of Marcan's rageposts on Wanin's USB loader. Even if it was true, would it be a bad thing? I thought that was part of the whole open-source idea, being able to stitch together others' parts and improve on them. So has anyone pegged him with a GPL violation or anything? Also, wouldn't we probably see a dozen similar cIOSes running around consisting of the same code, done by different authors?

I don't get why people rag on Waninkoko as much as they do. On one hand, some of the complaints about his apps are plenty valid (ahem updaters)...but he has contributed a hell of a lot to the community. He didn't even have a Gecko until relatively recently, so it's no wonder he had trouble ironing out bugs. I thought rev20 turned out pretty well, nothing inconvenienced me with it.
Agree. The point of open source is to let other people improve or use the source code. Provided that source code is released under a license and whoever uses the code follows it, there is no violation at all.

arasium

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Juanmatron said:
HiBit said:
Juanmatron said:
He don´t going to do anything.
PS3 Demo Manager!?

Juanmatron said:
He needs the source code of anyone first.

Waninkoko
Now I have a LV2 dump
biggrin.gif
Thanks everybody.
8:53 PM Oct 3rd via Twitter for iPad

You're just a stupid parrot... In order to create Cioses, waninkoko has to compiled entires modules and plugin (written by himself). Then he had to find the offsets where to patch the cioses.

My idea is that you don't know anything about programmation and you try to speak about it.....

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
PizzaPino said:
he wanted to do some sneek related fixes too.
That would be stupid, imo? SNEEK is far more superior then the cIOS, in all points. IOS-Reload problem doesn't exist, better compatibility (also with WiiWare/VC), you can still have a loader, until now not a target of Ninty, etc., etc. So, why the hell improve SNEEK-Compatibility, when it's simply not needed? I don't see it...

Oh well, it's only a rumor, I guess. For me, personally, the cIOS isn't needed anymore, so I don't care for it. Let's just hope for all other cIOS-Users that this time you'll get a stable, bug-free rev...

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
PizzaPino said:
That would be stupid, imo? SNEEK is far more superior then the cIOS, in all points. IOS-Reload problem doesn't exist, better compatibility (also with WiiWare/VC), you can still have a loader, until now not a target of Ninty, etc., etc. So, why the hell improve SNEEK-Compatibility, when it's simply not needed? I don't see it...

Oh well, it's only a rumor, I guess. For me, personally, the cIOS isn't needed anymore, so I don't care for it. Let's just hope for all other cIOS-Users that this time you'll get a stable, bug-free rev...

To fully use USB Loading you still need a cIOS

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
Juanmatron said:

This is JuanMatron the infamous "WHO Cares!!" guy that despises Waninkoko so much. I don't know if it is because he is in love with Marcan or wtf. Let Waninkoko alone and stop posting trash about him if you are not going to help in anything.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
IceIceBird said:
Blue-K said:
PizzaPino said:

To fully use USB Loading you still need a cIOS

You need the module EHCI created by Kwiirk and implemented on cIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Fun fact - if you seen someone outside your house, looking inside your window, your not being... +1