Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

xvillain316

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I just backed up my NTSC NHL 2K9 and it loaded fine, but its in black and white I guess I will have to buy the component cables to see if it fixes the issue.

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, can i get the mad catz one, or do i have to get the official one?

Code:
http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/Search.aspx?N=138+115

halatosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested Lego Indiana Jones (NTSC), I do have component cables, but I am not in hd mode. My tv takes components but does not support progressive scan. The game loads and plays but the picture is constantly scrolling vertically, so quickly I wanted to barf after five seconds of looking at it. I don't know if it is because i am not in progressive scan mode (480p) or if it is the way the loader will handle this game. I have heard tell that Mario Kart NTSC works great so I am backing up my disk to see if it has the same scrolling effect as Indiana Jones. If anyone knows off of the top of their head let me know. By the way I did manage to get into the game and it appeared to be functioning aside from the scrolling of the screen.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaos_kontrol said:
I love how you posted a link to the first page of the topic...while we are on the topic XD.

It's in my sig... it's on every post I make... and I just edited the post to include the full guide.

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario kart scrolls with normal av cables on my ntsc wii, I want to buy the component cables but if theyre

not working for u that sux cuz my tv doesnt have true hd just Y CB CR or something like that its your tv

like mine?

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i want component cables but would it really matter? my TV doesn't support HD..it has the basic "Yellow, Red, White" AV ports...if i got a component cable and a couple Y cables (basically like plugging in 2 cords into the same port) does anyone think that might work?

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Force Unleashed PAL, converted to NTSC using regionfrii and BrickBlocker. Worked on my NTSC Wii(d2b chipset, no modchip) using regular AV cables on a non HD TV.

I was able to load game(initial load time was long, maybe 2 minutes) and navigate menus. Tested the tutorials and seemed to be working. Regular gameplay also worked, although I only played for 15 -20 minutes. Did not seem to be any lag until I quit and went back to the menu. Once the main menu vid sequence started it chopped up and eventually froze. Not bad tho. Gameplay seemed to work without any lag or glitches and I had full color even without the component cable.

code_punk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone,

Admittedly I haven't spent the time reading the whole thread, so I don't know if this particular one has been posted yet.

I tested Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition (PAL), running at 480p through component cables. The game seems to work perfectly fine, very little is slowed down by the read speeds and no graphical glitches that I know of. I didn't experience any lag, this game works perfectly as far as I can tell at this point.

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
Force Unleashed PAL, converted to NTSC using regionfrii and BrickBlocker. Worked on my NTSC Wii(d2b chipset, no modchip) using regular AV cables on a non HD TV.

I was able to load game(initial load time was long, maybe 2 minutes) and navigate menus. Tested the tutorials and seemed to be working. Regular gameplay also worked, although I only played for 15 -20 minutes. Did not seem to be any lag until I quit and went back to the menu. Once the main menu vid sequence started it chopped up and eventually froze. Not bad tho. Gameplay seemed to work without any lag or glitches and I had full color even without the component cable.
Sounds good, but i dont think converting it to NTSC was necessary to be able to play, right? Ill try it out without converting it tomorrow.
Also, question. Im patching my force unleashed iso, and it says Creating backup iso, please wait, then iso file size 4219MB. Is it done patching, or is it still going? Also, whats with the partition.iso it created in the folder? Thats not the iso i burn, is it?

Praetor192

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I just got home from work and now it is very late and I must head off to bed. So far I have received around 22 PMs with compatibility info. Tomorrow morning (my time) I will update the list in the first post using these and reading through the thread. Please however PM me compat info rather than posting it, unless you have tested over 1 game. It makes the thread a bit neater. Also, lots of people have asked a few questions many times, some of which have been answered in the first post. Please read it thoroughly to make sure your question has not already been asked. If, however, the question has not been answered, go ahead and post it. I will update the first post with the problem and solution as fast as I can. I also had the idea of making an offline list, which will be in txt or rtf format. Big update tomorrow.

-Offline List
-Compat List update
-Questions/answers/unknown questions/facts sections fixed/added to

Also in addition to PMing me you can message me on MSN on the account [email protected] for compat updates, questions, or solutions. Thanks to all those who have submitted their experiences.

@guy above me
Yes, the partition.iso is the file you burn.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Praetor192 said:
Hey guys, I just got home from work and now it is very late and I must head off to bed. So far I have received around 22 PMs with compatibility info. Tomorrow morning (my time) I will update the list in the first post using these and reading through the thread. Please however PM me compat info rather than posting it, unless you have tested over 1 game. It makes the thread a bit neater. Also, lots of people have asked a few questions many times, some of which have been answered in the first post. Please read it thoroughly to make sure your question has not already been asked. If, however, the question has not been answered, go ahead and post it. I will update the first post with the problem and solution as fast as I can. I also had the idea of making an offline list, which will be in txt or rtf format. Big update tomorrow.

-Offline List
-Compat List update
-Questions/answers/unknown questions/facts sections fixed/added to

Also in addition to PMing me you can message me on MSN on the account [email protected] for compat updates, questions, or solutions. Thanks to all those who have submitted their experiences.

@guy above me
Yes, the partition.iso is the file you burn.

You might consider posting a table where you can just X off compatibility options, such as

======================================
| PAL | NTSC | COMPONENT | VGA |
==========================================
GAMENAME: GAME XYZ | X | | X | |
GAMENAME: GAME ABC | X | | | X |

Just for easy readability sake

*EDIT*
I suppose my example would have been more effective had it been readable
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News