Country
Belgium
Miles said:
Bitbyte said:
Who cares tbh? With the drive speed limitations this was gonna suck anyway
biggrin.gif
sour grapes.
Also the load times aren't that bad.

Nah, at first I was really excited, but then I read about the loading times and glitches, so meh.

genkiman

Trophies
XP
Country
[WII]Puzzle Quest Challenge of the Warlords[PAL] works, load times are long but it works great.
It's said this had to happen, we can see with this leaked version the great work that waninkoko was doing and now we can only imagine what we could have in hands in october

blakepender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
'"Congratulations! I don't care about who leaked Backup-Loader but now it's OFFICIALLY an abandoned project. Enjoy it. ""

Now to be honest, I'm not surprised Wani has said that at all. But shocked in a way as he could of continued the project.

Me? I could of waited, and everyone could of waited for this, but the leaker shall die! (Unless its one of the official beta testers of wani, they should be deeply ashamed of themselves)
hate2.gif

A thought came to me, could anyone do something with it? Or would they need all the source bits? As there could be a way for someone to recreate it, and start again.

But Waninkoko, if you are reading this, all I have to say is that it is such a shame this has happened, and why did you abandon it? Was it because of the leak? Or was it simply because of Nintendo, or the worry of Nintendo suing you? I don't blame either way
smile.gif

Thanks Wani for this release, and maybe you could come back to it (as you saved one game of mine, and works perfectly), as it would be great

Blake

daltonlaffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people,

I got everything installed but I'm running into a weird error, and looking around a lot of other people are having this problem too. Can anyone help determine the cause?

Error: Something about not being able to read the title, ret=-4100

Using Maxell DVD-RW (4.7GB), the ISO attempted was Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (NTSC).

I have the Wii System Menu V3.3U if that changes anything as well.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, this came out of nowhere. I don't think it's worth getting the internet excited over this though, hows about some hush hush?
And how can an ISO loader be in beta or only half-working :S? I assumed either it works, or it doesn't. Meh, gonna go try a game now.
It's probably best like this anyway. The fact games will have bugs will encourage people to buy the actual game if they liked it I reckon.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
ugh well done who ever leaked it.

Now we are stuck with a buggy, beta app which has no support.

Who leaked it? Are they a member on here?
Some idiot on 4chan.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update:

BoomBlox - NTSC everything still outputs to PAL... only runnable with VGA box
ManHunt 2 - freezes console on load... waited 15 minutes, and still froze at black screen. Not working

xXFEARXx420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same goes for me.

Error Reading Title - Ret=-4100

Using TDK DVD+R's

Have burned & tried Star Wars Force Unleashed & Target Terror.

Followed all of the instructions to the "T"....Wondering if its because Im not using HD/VGA cables.

And I also agree with everybody here who is saying that the bastard that leaked this should be shot in the face & skull f*cked. If Wanin was planning on releasing this shortly...why be a douchebag & screw all of us??

(Yes I am kind of being a hypocrite with all of this,but it WAS leaked,I had it sent to me by a friend VIA MSN,so why not at least TRY IT??)

xXFEARXx420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same goes for me.

Error Reading Title - Ret=-4100

Using TDK DVD+R's

Have burned & tried Star Wars Force Unleashed & Target Terror.

Followed all of the instructions to the "T"....Wondering if its because Im not using HD/VGA cables.

And I also agree with everybody here who is saying that the bastard that leaked this should be shot in the face & skull f*cked. If Wanin was planning on releasing this shortly...why be a douchebag & screw all of us??

(Yes I am kind of being a hypocrite with all of this,but it WAS leaked,I had it sent to me by a friend VIA MSN,so why not at least TRY IT??)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not entirely sure if I installed the cIOS right but I assume that if the loader actually runs and tries to load a disc than its working.

I've tried World War 2 Aces (NTSC) and get nothing but a black screen.
So I assume this doesn't work.

Sure is a bummer that barely anything is working, but then again it is beta.
Can't wait to see the official release.
I do hope this leak doesn't affect anything too much.
Fun to see how it works first hand though.

Oh I did have trouble uninstalling the cIOS with wad manager 1.1
1.2 seemed to work fine though.
I currently have the cIOS installed however.

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this loading the ISO's off of a USB Drive? Or is it through network on the computer? Or is it just putting the ISO on a dvd?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadow1w2 said:
Not entirely sure if I installed the cIOS right but I assume that if the loader actually runs and tries to load a disc than its working.

I've tried World War 2 Aces (NTSC) and get nothing but a black screen.
So I assume this doesn't work.

Sure is a bummer that barely anything is working, but then again it is beta.
Can't wait to see the official release.

If the disc starts to spin and it can get past reading the title it's working and installed right. Which is your case.
The game just doesn't work.

Also the ISO Loader was dropped. There is going to be no official release.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to add my experience

Mario Kart wii PAL worked but crashed the wii when it tried to load the second race of a Grand Prix

Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD5 rip creates a 7.odd gig partition.iso file so cannot be burned on a non dual layer disc

Oh and IMGBurn wouldn't open Partition.iso (Made it twice for Mario Kart) saying it was an invalid format but mounting it using Daemon Tools and burning with Alcohol 120% worked fine (Didn't expect it too)

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SW:TFU NTSC, NTSC Wii, Component Cables- Works fine, no graphic glitches at all.

Okami NTSC - Loads, but when starting a new game freezes when loading, does load fine though if you use a save that is already in the game.

Super Mario Sluggers NTSC - Freezes upon loading, TV gets stuck at green screen. Doesn't even boot. Loader recognizes name and region though, so its probably the loader is incompatible. But I'm not 100% on this one, I used a different type of DVD-R (Memorex, used Verbatim before). So it might be that, it also might be that I burned it one after another, someone let me know if they can get this one working.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NikoK said:
Is this loading the ISO's off of a USB Drive? Or is it through network on the computer? Or is it just putting the ISO on a dvd?

It's explained on the front page.
the ISO has to be patched and burned to a disc.
It's still in the beta stages so SD and USB drives aren't supported yet.

teeyaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PAL The Force Unleashed Working Perfect with no graphical glitches with Sony DVD-R

Tried DVD+R with differnent burning software and speeds but no joy.

As soon as i tried sony dvd-r worked perfect first time and I repeat no Graphical glitches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o