Hacking WAD Manager 1.5 v2 problem

Blumiere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's probably been a lot of these questions before but I can't find them ...

Anyway, I updated my Wii to rev19 and I couldn't use Waninkoko's WAD Manager 1.5 anymore because of the whole Wiimote disconnecting thing. I downloaded version 2 which has support for rev18+, but whenever I run the boot.dol for the new version it just shows at the top left of the screen that IOS249 could not be found, which is strange since I've been using the IOS to install WADs and whatnot for weeks now. I'm 100% sure that I do have IOS249 on my Wii.

Help? I need the manager to install the WADs of Softchip, since, for some reason, the boot.dol of that doesn't work and gives me a black screen. I need to fix this soon since I need the manager for future installations too.

Blumiere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated to 1.7 but the Wii mote now turns off after I pick the IOS (so when it prompts you about the NAND device).

I'll try out YAWMM now. I would like to know why the Wii mote disconnects, though. I rather like Waninkoko's stuff. It seems to ony happen after I installed rev19 since before that it was working fine. I don't recall making any changes other than that.

e: I think there's something wrong with my IOS249. I just got an error with YAWMM saying "Exception (DS1) ccurred!" followed by a stack and code dump ...

e2: Yep, something is wrong with IOS249. Nothing happens if I press A while I have it selected, but when I select other IOSes to use it works perfectly.

How can I fix my IOS?

Blumiere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried installing IOS249 with the ios installer 2.3 but I can't even pass the disclaimer screen. Again, it works with any other IOS instead of 249 and I can get to the screen where I need to pick a base IOS.

Wiimote's disconnecting again.

Maybe I should completely reinstall the IOS? As in, removing stubs and such then installing again. If I should, is there a guide for reinstalling?

Blumiere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope double posting is allowed ...

Well I basically reinstalled IOS249 and things started running again (hooray!). At first I thought it was unsuccessful because I was using some different WAD manager so I tried uninstalling IOS37 ... which was uninstalled. Went back to waninkoko's and it went smoothly. Finally got softchip, but SMG2 still isn't working.

Oh well. With the PAL version released today I'll be playing it soon. Thanks for the help guys!

(For any future persons that have my problem, uninstall ios249 with 250 as a base in that any title deleter thing and reinstall it with ios38 and the base as the default you'd find in any other guide)

Blumiere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
Do you have IOS56 installed? if not SMG2 won't run.
Of course. The game runs smoothly until I select a file. After that, it just goes to that "Unable to read disc, please seek help blah blah" error. Yes, I've tried changing the game ID.

It's probably because of a bad ISO/NTSC version. I'm on a PAL Wii, I don't mind waiting for another download link that's Australian.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1