Hacking vwii save game data question

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my wii-u gamepad would only connect to the console if i was standing 2 feet away from it. After some research I realized it was a hardware malfunction and had to be repaired by nintendo. I took it back to walmart and they swapped it out for me. I know technically my warranty was not valid as I violated the return agreement when I flashed the vwii but because i had nothing to do with the fault I decided that i could live with the guilt.

Anyway i copied my vwii save game files over to the SD card on the old wii before i returned it. When i put the sd card in the new console it will display the saves on the vwii save game manager but it won't move or copy. The nintendo website only gives u a method using both consoles and a network but obviously I only have the sd card of the old console. Is there any way of getting my zelda file back?

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your vWii hacked yet? You'll probably need to run a game-save manager from the HBC to move your saves back to the vWii, as they circumvent the ownership rights.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You have to play the game on the new vWii and create a save first. Then you can delete that save and copy your old save from SD.

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried playing the game first but the old save still wouldn't copy over.

ruiner9 - Yes I have already hacked the new vwii and I will install 'game save manager' tonight. Thanks for the tip and i'll tell u how it goes. BTW Is it safe to install or do i have to be careful with what version i put on?

Also are .wads safe to install now and has anybody got an up to date idiot tutorial? - I have looked myself (not just being lazy) but i could only find wii instructions or guides that i'm not sure about. I attempted it using 'usb loader gx' but no success and I'm abit paranoid about messing the wii-u up. I read that there is 2 ways, Is nandemu the better method?

thanks ppl

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

ruiner9 - Yes I have already hacked the new vwii and I will install 'game save manager' tonight. Thanks for the tip and i'll tell u how it goes. BTW Is it safe to install or do i have to be careful with what version i put on?

Also are .wads safe to install now and has anybody got an up to date idiot tutorial? - I have looked myself (not just being lazy) but i could only find wii instructions or guides that i'm not sure about. I attempted it using 'usb loader gx' but no success and I'm abit paranoid about messing the wii-u up. I read that there is 2 ways, Is nandemu the better method?

thanks ppl
nope, there's no boot mii/priiloader for vwii yet so it is dangerous to install wad

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

thanks ppl
nope, there's no boot mii/priiloader for vwii yet so it is dangerous to install wad

That depends on what you install. Replacing IOSes is dangerous as ones meant for the normal Wii won't work and could cause bricks. Replacing the System Menu IOS or modifying it is always dangerous.
System Menu WADs can't be installed yet (SM is encrypted) and will cause bricks.
WiiWare/VC wads known to work are safe to install though. Forwarders and homebrew channels have to be updated for vWii, so old ones don't work (won't cause bricks though), but as long as they are known working with vWii they should be safe to install.

I'm not sure what you tried to do with USB Loader GX? Were you installing the WAD Forwarder/Channel? I'm not sure if they have a vWii compatible version yet as I use WiiFlow.

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version of USB Loader GX is definitely compatible as long as you have a vWii edition Hermes D2X cIOS set up in 249. I have a forwarder installed that works with it, too. Everything works, including the channel menu.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The latest version of USB Loader GX is definitely compatible as long as you have a vWii edition Hermes cIOS set up in 249. I have a forwarder installed that works with it, too. Everything works, including the channel menu.

Don't you mean 'vWii edition D2X cIOS setup in 249'?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work