OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
V3.1 is out

Changes:

• Sigpatches updated and verifies working, again. Successfully installed and ran a game without issue.
  • Updated Awaoo Installer to 1.3.3.
Once again, everything is verified working on a clean SD Card and NAND, if anything is NOT working, please let me know. If it's not working, then I'm gunna slap myself because this ran perfectly on a clean try.

Anything you'd like changed, added or removed, again let me know!

jczoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated with 3.1 and got blackscreen on emu launch. Was fine with previous version 2.1.1. Making new emu now.
Edit
Making new didnt help.
Going back to 2.1.1 to see if it boots.

YEs it boots with 2.1.1.
No it won't boot after upgrading again to 3.1

edit.
fixed 2.2.1 to 2.1.1. sorry was late for me :)

Last edited by jczoe,

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
HL8QmL7.jpg

Hello!

I'm updating this first part to make this package more clear.

This is entirely based on Atmosphere, and is NOT a customer firmware in itself, the way I worded the title was not the best, and I apologise for any confusion. This is an All In One package aimed for ease of use for people who are lazy, or new to the scene.

This is purely to "fill the Vöid" of Kosmos, to create a quick, easy, and "noob" proof set up for anyone who wants to install custom firmware quick and easy.

Is this needed? No, not really, then why did I do it? A fun little project.

All credit goes to the respective developers of anything and everything used in this pack.

This is a heavily a work in progress, so if you have anything you'd like added, removed, or any suggestions at all, please let me know.

You can message me on here, or message me on Discord at Synecdoche#2077

https://github.com/Synecdoche1/Void-NX

MAKE A NAND BACKUP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

DISCLAIMER:

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A NAND BACKUP THROUGH HEKATE OR ANY OTHER WAY YOU FEEL TO MAKE ONE, JUST HAVE ONE.
NOTHING SHOULD BREAK USING THIS PACK, BUT IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE ONE ANYWAY TO BE SAFE.

I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN TO YOUR SWITCH. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

How to Install:

Download the latest zip file from https://github.com/Synecdoche1/Void-NX/releases
Unzip the file to a location of your choice.
Copy the contents of the "SD Card" to the root of your Switch SD Card.
Inject Hekate using a payload launcher of your choice.
Enjoy!

Features:
  • Drag and drop, ready to use from the moment you inject your payload!
  • Sigpatches included by default, to allow you to play your legit backups!
  • Boots through Hekate using Fusee-Primary, making it HGB ready.
  • Works on all Firmware versions, providing you can inject the payload.
  • Incognito enabled by default, using the Atmosphere's new Incognito, which doesn't require a backup, or writing directly to NAND!This is enabled for emuNAND only to enable people to go online on sysNAND without issue.
THIS IS NOT KNOWN TO BE SAFE AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU PROTECTION.

• Ready to use homebrew apps, all up to date. Just open your album on the Switch, and have fun!
  • Up-To-Date Atmosphere, always!
  • HB Appstore recognises what you have installed, so in the future you can update your apps yourself!
  • PC Tools available in the Zip, to get you started!
  • Payloads available to use with a Payload launcher.
  • A full and lite version available.
  • Lightweight!

Homebrew Included:
Awoo Installer By Hunterb - Title Installer
Homebrew Appstore By vgmoose - Homebrew Appstore
N-Xplorer By CompSciOrBust - File Manager
Cheats Updater By HamletDuFromage - A Switch Cheats Updater
FTPD By mtheall - FTP Server
Goldleaf By XorTroll - Game Title Manager
Edizon By WerWolv - Game Save Manager
NX-Ovlloader By WerWolv - Overlay Loader
Tesla Menu By WerWolv - Overlay Menu
ChoiDujourNX By rajkosto - Firmware Updater Without Burning Fuses
NX Themes Injector By exelix11 - Allows you to install custom themes.
VG Edit By VGMoose - A fantastic text editor.
Amiigo By ComSciOrBust - A GUI to use with emuiibo.
SYS-Tune Overlay By Hooked Behemoth - An overlay that allows you to listen to music while playing games!​
Payloads Included:
  • Hekate By CTCaer - Custom Firmware Launcher and emuNAND Creator.
  • Lockpick RCM By shchmue - Generates Encryption Keys
  • Tegra Explorer By suchmememanyskill - Payload Based File Explorer
PC Applications Included:
FAQ:

What is Vöid?
Vöid is an all-in-one custom firmware for the Nintendo Switch based on Atmosphere, in the same kin as Kosmos, entirely focussing on ease of use for anyone that wants to set up custom firmware on their Nintendo Switch without much effort.

Why "Vöid"?
Atmosphere is named after the layer of gasses around the world, and Kosmos is named after, well, the Cosmos. Both astronomical in nature, Vöid is named from the emptiness of space, and to "fill the void" of Kosmos. The umlaut is just because I liked it.

You said Incognito isn't known to be safe, what else can I do to protect myself?
First of all, do not install pirated games and run them on your account and then connect to the internet. That is a sure way to get banned. If you do want to connect to the internet and use applications such as Homebrew Appstore, then I'd highly recommend 90DNS

Is there a Vöid Discord?
Not at the moment, as I don't see a need for one, but if people are interested I'd happily make one.

Does HBG Shop work with this?
Hekate now boots using Fusee Primary as a chain load, so in theory, yes, but this has not been tested.

Why Awoo and Goldleaf? Isn't one enough?
Goldleaf is incredible for title management but can be a bit broken at times for installing games. This is where Awoo comes in, as it works the majority of the time without hassle.

What is the .get folder?
The .get folder is the folder used by HB Appstore to show what is installed, what version, etc.

Changelog:

1.0.1:
  • Incognito was disabled for sysNAND to allow people to play their legit games online. emuNAND is still enabled by default.

1.0.2:
  • Added NS-USBloader to PC tools to allow people to install their games via PC

1.1:
  • Added Hekate properly to the zip, as I very stupidly uploaded an outdated zip folder without Hekate present.

1.1.1:
  • Added Hekate config files.

2.0:
  • Sigpatches are now included by default
  • Added a boot logo, because why not.
  • Added sys-con
  • Added Gamecard Installer
  • Fixed a few boot issues I encounter and assumed others did too, this now boots correctly.
  • Tidied up the Switch folder to include all homebrew provided

2.1:
  • Cleaned up the /switch/ folder once again, to remove duplicates.
  • Included the Appstore files, so the Appstore now knows what is installed.
  • These are in /switch/.get
  • lockpick_rcm and TegraExplorer payloads are now included in the SD Card folder.
  • Edizon config folder is now present.
  • Overlays for Tesla are now present (Not sure why these got removed).

2.1.1:
  • Another cleanup
  • Sigpatch Installer was added for easier sigpatch updating.

3.0:
  • All Homebrew apps updated
  • Added the following:
    • VGEdit
    • Emuiibo
    • Amiigo
    • NX Theme Injecter
    • Status Monitor Overlay
    • SYS Tune Overlay
  • Updated Bootlogo, however, due to chainloading it doesn't work at the moment but added it anyway. But it looks nicer regardless.
  • Added a Vöid Lite, which does not include the Payloads and PC Tools
  • HB Appstore cache update and shows what you have installed.
  • General clean up, so with a fresh install of Vöid you will no longer get multiple of the same versions of Homebrew Apps.

NOT TESTED
  • Hekate now boots by chainloading Fusee Primary, so HGB Shop should work, please let me know if this isn't the case as the website is down and I couldn't test it.
3.1:

• Sigpatches updated and verifies working, again. Successfully installed and ran a game without issue.
  • Updated Awaoo Installer to 1.3.3.

are you sure it can set costom configuration after payload fusee-primary.bin

Last edited by paulzheng,

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
speak for yourself. kosmos evolved from sd files and i think it was really good. The way I see it is if people don't release stuff the hb scene would be empty. With respect, if u cant contribute at the very least STFU :P

i agree , you can know what's funny in hekate_ipl.ini with voidnx

themosteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I hope someone can make just atmosphere with sigpatch in 1 file like SX os boot.dat for simple plug n play CFW
seems like impossible but i think that people what looking for

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I updated with 3.1 and got blackscreen on emu launch. Was fine with previous version 2.1.1. Making new emu now.
Edit
Making new didnt help.
Going back to 2.2.1 to see if it boots.

YEs it boots with 2.2.1.
No it won't boot after upgrading again to 3.1

How very strange, I verified it booting 100% with a clean NAND and a clean SD card and it booted absolutely fine and let me install and play games without any issue. Once I'm finished work, I'll have a gander, try again with the ZIP that's on GitHub and verify once again.

In the meantime, I'm happy that 2.2.1 still works. Thanks for letting me know.

are you sure it can set costom configuration after payload fusee-primary.bin

Sorry, early morning and working, could you elaborate, please?

jczoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How very strange, I verified it booting 100% with a clean NAND and a clean SD card and it booted absolutely fine and let me install and play games without any issue. Once I'm finished work, I'll have a gander, try again with the ZIP that's on GitHub and verify once again.

In the meantime, I'm happy that 2.2.1 still works. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks

I made new copy of nand on 3.1 thinking mine was damaged but it wouldnt boot. Changed to files from 2.1.1 and botted fine.

ty

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Small release, but a big test.

I have completely made the package from the ground up, making sure everything is in the right place, the right changes are made and everything is verified working. I also completely wiped my SD Card and downloaded the ZIP from GitHub and used that package, just like any of you would, and verified the package works 100% correctly on my end.

Clean NAND and clean emuNAND were used in this test, as well as a fresh SD card, fresh Vöid installs, all from the ground up. Everything in the ZIP is everything I myself have used and verified working.

A few things to try in case something doesn't work:
  • A thing to try is fixing archive bits (this should never need to be done, strictly speaking) in Hekate by going to Tools > "Arch bit * RCM * Touch * Partitions" > Fix Archive Bit.
  • Please remember to migrate your emuNAND via Hekate, if you're having issues booting into emuNAND.
Again, any issues please let me know exactly what happened, when, and what you did to get there/try and fix it.

HBG Shop does now work.

3.2:
  • Removed boot wait as the boot logo doesn't currently work.
  • Finally found an HBG Shop download to test, and HBG DOES now work.
    • As always, HBG will not come included.
  • Added Appstore Workbench to the PC Folder of Vöid NX.
  • Something about system stability.

As always, if you don't like anything, want anything added or removed, or just want a general chat, you know where I am.

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another very minor release, but I've decided to give everyone options!

4.0:

Now both a Patched and Unpatched version is available, for people who want to install and play their backups, but also for people who do not wish to have Sigpatches on their Switch.

Reactions: DominoBright

Synecdoche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Decent sized release, per se.

4.5:

As always, all tested on clean NAND and clean SD Card and verified working by myself.
Any errors let me know and I'll fix them as soon as possible.

A few troubleshooting tips:

• If you're getting a black screen, try formatting your SD Card to FAT32
  • If you're getting a fatal error on boot, try and fix the archive bits (shouldn't be needed, but has fixed a few errors for me)

Reactions: klear

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Synecdoche
I have a question regarding the download section:
"Patched" means with sigpatches und "Unpatched" means without sigpatches, right?
However, what means "Lite" then?

Sumeetp

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
oh no. Still getting "a fatal error occurred when running atmosphere and a title ID. anyone found a fix for it? firmware is 10.0.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh no. Still getting "a fatal error occurred when running atmosphere and a title ID. anyone found a fix for it? firmware is 10.0.1

Nevermind. Fixed it. Thank You :)

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As of know I had Kosmos with atmosphere 12.0. I used fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin.
Now, I tried Vöid with atmosphere 13.0, which uses payload=atmosphere/fusee-primary.bin.

I observed that the boot time is now much longer than before. What is the reason for this? Is it vöid, is it atm13 or is it the different payload?

Will there be a possibility to load vöid with fusee-secondary with sigpatches?

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
As of know I had Kosmos with atmosphere 12.0. I used fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin.
Now, I tried Vöid with atmosphere 13.0, which uses payload=atmosphere/fusee-primary.bin.

I observed that the boot time is now much longer than before. What is the reason for this? Is it vöid, is it atm13 or is it the different payload?

Will there be a possibility to load vöid with fusee-secondary with sigpatches?

I did some testing on load times. Seems like it is AMS.

Check the thread where I timed boot times.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-0-12-boot-times-through-payloads.567190/

Last edited by Bullseye,
Reactions: MSco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F