Hacking Vitashell 1.5

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I press select in Vitashell it keeps saying please wait and never switch to USB mode. My Vitashell also say home (SAFE MODE). Do I have to be out of Safe Mode for the USB to work? Also how do I get out of Safe Mode?

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I press select in Vitashell it keeps saying please wait and never switch to USB mode. My Vitashell also say home (SAFE MODE). Do I have to be out of Safe Mode for the USB to work? Also how do I get out of Safe Mode?
Open Molecularshell (not Vitashell), press Start and there's an option to turn Unsafe mode on. Yes, you can only connect through USB port with Unsafe mode on.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open Molecularshell (not Vitashell), press Start and there's an option to turn Unsafe mode on. Yes, you can only connect through USB port with Unsafe mode on.

Cool thanks much, that worked!!!!

Another question:
Some people are reporting issues installing VPKs with this new update (app freezing). A workaround is to used the feature mentioned above: open the VPK with a utility such as Winrar or 7zip on your PC, extract it into its own folder, copy that folder to your Vita and use the “install folder” functionality.

How do I "install folder" from Vitashell, what key do you press?

Thanks.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool thanks much, that worked!!!!

Another question:
Some people are reporting issues installing VPKs with this new update (app freezing). A workaround is to used the feature mentioned above: open the VPK with a utility such as Winrar or 7zip on your PC, extract it into its own folder, copy that folder to your Vita and use the “install folder” functionality.

How do I "install folder" from Vitashell, what key do you press?

Thanks.
Highlight the folder you want to install, press Triangle - More - Install Folder.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Vpk is basically a zip file. Installing VPK is just unzipping it on the vita.
You should unzip it on your PC, it's way faster. Then copy the folder back into Vita to install.

jm_plata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Vpk is basically a zip file. Installing VPK is just unzipping it on the vita.
You should unzip it on your PC, it's way faster. Then copy the folder back into Vita to install.
Unzip in PC changing the file extension to rar or zip or how? and how install the folder?. Vita Shell v1.5 has a bug installing vpk files, freeze install screen almost of times.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unzip in PC changing the file extension to rar or zip or how? and how install the folder?. Vita Shell v1.5 has a bug installing vpk files, freeze install screen almost of times.
Just open the VPK with winrar and extract it to a folder. Copy that folder into your Vita, then press Triangle -> More -> Install Folder.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I cant install this on my vita slim running henkaku r7

Basically it wont auto prompt to auto update

plus whenever i ftp the vpk for 1.51 over. It gives me an error code at 99% during installation!

Im currently using the vitashell that came before 1.5 and yes im using vitashell NOT Mshell to install the vpk files

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant install this on my vita slim running henkaku r7

Basically it wont auto prompt to auto update

plus whenever i ftp the vpk for 1.51 over. It gives me an error code at 99% during installation!

Im currently using the vitashell that came before 1.5 and yes im using vitashell NOT Mshell to install the vpk files

I go this error but it was because I was trying to update VitaShell using VitaShel itself. I closed it, opened MolecularShell and installed VitaShell from there with NO issues.
VitaSHell.

Edit: Nevermind me, just launched TaiHEN

Last edited by MKKhanzo,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can transfer the contents from the save and the game's folder I guess, that's something that could be done with FTP as well.

ux0:user/00/savedata/TITLEID is where saves are stored, and ux0:/app/GAMEID is where game files are stored.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.