Violent Games Possibly involved in Oslo attacks?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everything that happens these days.. what is to blame? VIDEO GAMES.

Some psycho go kills their kid, whats to blame? PS3
Another guy died because he didnt eat anything for a while. What is to blame? WORLD OF WARCRAFT!

like wtf...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's a sign of our times. Earlier it was Metal, even earlier, Rock and Roll, in the dark ages it was science and books. Get on with it, give it a century and people won't find Video Games dangerous anymore. People are always afraid of what they don't know, and most of VG naggers never even played a single game.

D

Deleted_171835

Like I said in the previous thread, we all know that MW2 is a super-accurate and realistic gun simulator.\

I suppose we can also say that the cereal he ate also lead to this.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
BlueStar said:
Religious and political ideology was the driving force, even if games were a tool.

That, or penis envy.

Penis envy is truly a terrifying and common motive for violence.

"What's that you say? Your penis is bigger than mine?? I'M GONNA BLOW EVERYBODY UP!!!!"

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoyalCardMan said:
Well, in some sense, the video games were not AT fault, but they still have some affect on the brain.

You see, when a person plays games like Call of Duty, the game rewards them with points or get higher ranks. Now, that is basically close to teaching someone to know what is right or wrong.

Now, not all people are the same, but these games can have an affect on issues like these, but flame me if you disagree(more like don't flame me).

Edit: I am not saying video games are bad, but I putting the facts before you.

QUOTE(RoyalCardMan @ Jul 24 2011, 11:07 PM)
I would have to agree with you. Here is a true fact for all to know:

In the earlier days, they developed a gun simulation to try to train soldiers for battle. Of course, there was a problem because there is a difference between shooting an image and actually shooting a real human. That is why they stopped using gun simulations, and gun games like Call of Duty were developed.

Everytime I read one of your posts I die a little inside...

The first quoted post confuses me. You say, "Now, that is basically close to teaching someone to know what is right or wrong," and then you say that you are putting "facts" before everyone... "Basically close" does not equal fact.

Of course video games have "some effect" on the brain... Everything has "some effect" on the brain. I think ideologies and beliefs play are far larger role though (notice how I said "I think" and not "this is fact"?) I think the bible is far more violent and fear mongering than CoD. I think the politicians and pundits who are spewing anger and hate are far more violent and fear mongering than CoD. I think anyone who can't differentiate between fantasy and reality has serious mental issues that go far beyond video games.

As far as the second quoted post...the first FPS I ever played was Wolfenstein 3D... I'm assuming that the government used that game to prepare for an imminent war with Hitler's mutant army? Applying the FPS formula in a military setting was a natural progression for the genre. Try Wiki-ing the First Person Shooter... It's been around a lot longer than any government application of it.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
These are the kind of influences people should be looking at, not CoD

QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
The man accused of the killing spree in Norway was deeply influenced by a small group of American bloggers and writers who have warned for years about the threat from Islam, lacing his 1,500-page manifesto with quotations from them, as well as copying multiple passages from the tract of the Unabomber.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/25/us/25deb...;pagewanted=all

QUOTE said:
Among hundreds of refences Breivik cites are several well-known British newspaper columnists and articles in publications across the political spectrum.

Melanie Phillips, of the Daily Mail, is quoted at length, including an opinion piece about Labour’s immigration policy which is included in full.

Attacking the rise in immigration, she remarks: “It was done to destroy for ever what it means to be culturally British and to put another 'multicultural' identity in its place.”

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
You say, "Now, that is basically close to teaching someone to know what is right or wrong," and then you say that you are putting "facts" before everyone... "Basically close" does not equal fact.

I think there's a very good chance he's currently being homeschooled.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No surprise they were going to take this opportunity to criticise games again. I hope things like this don't ruin it for the 99,99999% of gamers that just play the game and not turn aggressive because of it. And I really hope the Norwegian government doesn't ban games or starts to censor them because of this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
suprgamr232 said:
dickfour said:
Wasn't a study done that found violent games actually lowered violence?

Sure was. It was proven to relieve stress and violence. So take THAT media!

I beg to differ. CoD is different.

[youtube]JSoLLuwsPZQ[/youtube]

Also Warcraft.

[youtube]YersIyzsOpc[/youtube]

Anal Penetration with a Remote, entirely Safe For Work.

Certain games work like magnets for certain types of morons.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No where in this article does it infer violent video games had any affect on him. I don't understand all this "take that media"

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
suprgamr232 said:
dickfour said:
Wasn't a study done that found violent games actually lowered violence?

Sure was. It was proven to relieve stress and violence. So take THAT media!

I beg to differ. CoD is different.

Also Warcraft.

Anal Penetration with a Remote, entirely Safe For Work.

Certain games work like magnets for certain types of morons.

That second video wasn't an actual freak out, despite what you may have heard/believe. Freak outs are one thing, but would it make you go off and do something extremely violent to another person? No. "HOLY CRAP I LOST AT COD SO I'M GONNA BRING A GUN TO MY SCHOOL AND KILL ALL THESE NEWWWBBBBS!!!". Inconsistent research conclusions on the effects of violent videos games are due to differences in methodology. The majority of people who play violent video games show no changes in their level of anger AT ALL. The assumption that video games cause violence has not been consistently demonstrated in scientific research, EVER.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy