Hacking Video of DSTWO working on North American 3DS

Kentoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bqd3YoXrlw[/youtube]

Shot this real quick after work today. Just in case anyone has any worries about using the DSTWO on the 3DS. Everything in the video is 100% up to date.

If you'd like me to gather any video evidence of anything, feel free to ask.
smile.gif

Also: It's in HD if you really care.

UPDATE

Here's that video showing off the GBA Emulation and SNES Emulation:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsVTRDHsz_g[/youtube]

Again, I didn't really plan it out and it was shot in maybe 2 or 3 takes, so try not to nitpick on quality.
frown.gif

Kentoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be quite frank I don't give a shit about being the first to deliver news. I'm not a reporter, this isn't a news cast. I find a lot of people read conflicting information (Flash Carts will brick your 3DS. It works fine! It doesn't work at all! Don't update firmware!), and get easily confused about it. Video evidence is always the way to go.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kentoss said:
To be quite frank I don't give a shit about being the first to deliver news. I'm not a reporter, this isn't a news cast. I find a lot of people read conflicting information (Flash Carts will brick your 3DS. It works fine! It doesn't work at all! Don't update firmware!), and get easily confused about it. Video evidence is always the way to go.

I think ur video is really good and useful, good job

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kentoss said:
Thank you Haddad.
smile.gif

Also @AndroidDem0man, lmao I shot mine with an iPhone 4. Great minds think alike?

I record all my videos using my iPhone 3Gs
tongue.gif

Chubbo1793

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the video, Kentoss.
smile.gif

Also to Haddad, thanks for putting up your videos as well, I love to watch them since they're all helpful.

Keep up the great work guys!

One last question, can you use the 3DS's big screen to show the SNES emulator using all of the display modes?
(Just curious as to if there's a way to display the games without having to take pixels out.)
I wonder if anybody is working on that.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kentoss said:
You're actually misreading the "conflicting" information.
The theory is that you'll have a risk of bricking if you use a flashcart if you update. Yeah, it works on the 3DS, it's been confirmed, but people are straying away because of updates. There's a big update coming in May that'll bring a lot of updates anyway.

slayerdx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would be more worried about the logs. I mean I know alex rider is a great game and all (it's not...) but I think nintendo is gonna see something strange when it notices 1000+ members (all the flashcards pretty much use alex rider) logging 100+ hours on the same game.

also to that question I heard it logs as alex rider.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slayerdx said:
i would be more worried about the logs. I mean I know alex rider is a great game and all (it's not...) but I think nintendo is gonna see something strange when it notices 1000+ members (all the flashcards pretty much use alex rider) logging 100+ hours on the same game.

also to that question I heard it logs as alex rider.

even though it's suspicious, i don't think it's enough "proof" to warrant nintendo the right to ban(from what?)/brick(illegal)/pour water on your 3DS, or whatever people are afraid they're gonna do.

also, are you certain it logs the time spent playing each title?

also:
@kentoss:
how is it a work in progress? your DS2 is working perfectly on the 3DS.

Kentoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@yaymii I'm actually not misreading or misunderstanding the conflicting information. What I was saying is that it's easy to get confused by it. I've seen and talked to a lot of people who thought the information about the 3DS bricking was for the current 3DS firmware. That was the point of that post.

@shabutie78 When I said it was a work in progress I was referring to the 3DS itself, as a lot of important software features are disables until a future update.

To everyone else: the DSTWO shows up as Alex Rider in the activity logs. As far as the 3DS is concerned, the game inserted is Alex Rider and nothing else. Would be cool if supercard found a way to inject the headers for the roms we're playing.

Also I have to send my 3DS back to Nintendo, due to a screen defect. So I suppose we'll find out soon if they can detect flashcart usage :s

I will make another video showing off the features of the DSTWO on the 3DS.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kentoss said:
Also I have to send my 3DS back to Nintendo, due to a screen defect. So I suppose we'll find out soon if they can detect flashcart usage :s\

well i'm sure when they see you've been playing alex rider so many times, it'll be kinda obvious that you've been gettin' your piracy on. since alex rider is a horrible game, and all.
but like i said that alone isn't enough to allow them to do anything about it. all roses are flowers, but not all flowers are roses. (roses=flash cart / flowers = alex rider)
idk, it came off the top of my head. you get it.

Kentoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll just wipe the information off of it when I send it in.

Here's that video showing off the GBA Emulation and SNES Emulation:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsVTRDHsz_g[/youtube]

Again, I didn't really plan it out and it was shot in maybe 2 or 3 takes, so try not to nitpick on quality.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1