Hacking [Video] First Wii U Homebrew Game [Pong]

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Just block your Wii U's MAC address from WAN on your router or setup your own proxy. No need to spin up your own DNS.

Also, I will release this soon. djbubba2002 has been messing around with web development so I asked him if he could host the files so people can just navigate to the URL as opposed to spinning up their own web server.

Also, this has only been tested on 5.0. djbubba2002 told me that it doesn't work on 4.1. This could very well be due to changes in the library functions I'm importing but IDK.

Thanks for your reply. Contrats on your work. I wait eagerly for whats coming :)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would still probable need an iosu exploit for nintendont wouldnt we? i myt be wrong tho

Nah, you could load the kernel exploit, switch over to Smash, have it run your own code to load files from SD card, and then load Nintendont over it. Requires owning the game but it's rather convenient :P

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, you could load the kernel exploit, switch over to Smash, have it run your own code to load files from SD card, and then load Nintendont over it. Requires owning the game but it's rather convenient :P

I hope a iosu exploit gets released :) Does Hykem still plan on dumping all the keys?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait, you mean a kernel access Smash Stack U IS possible?!
*does happy dance because I own the game*

Reactions: Monado_III

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, you mean a kernel access Smash Stack U IS possible?!
*does happy dance because I own the game*
Project U confirmed! (jk) But really, someone should make a mod to Smash U to make it more Melee-like so the melee fanboys can shut up. PMDT has said that if Melee can last 13+ years so can Brawl Project M.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project U confirmed! (jk) But really, someone should make a mod to Smash U to make it more Melee-like so the melee fanboys can shut up. PMDT has said that if Melee can last 13+ years so can Brawl Project M.

Oh, I'm sure once it's released that people will start modding it. A lot of the game is documented already from various things I've heard.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

...probably not going to happen, they only did it for brawl because it was casual-oriented, rather than competitive, while smash 4 is already more competitive. Also because fuck tripping. If it IS made, it won't be by the Project M team.

That said, mods will for sure happen. I can't wait for custom textures again, I want to play as Master Chief again.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...probably not going to happen, they only did it for brawl because it was casual-oriented, rather than competitive, while smash 4 is already more competitive. Also because fuck tripping. If it IS made, it won't be by the Project M team.
I just stated that PMDT won't make a Sm4sh PM. Hence why I said someone not the PMDT.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I just stated that PMDT won't make a Sm4sh PM. Hence why I said someone not the PMDT.

Well, you didn't actually state that, you just stated that someone should make one. But you're right, my bad. I still don't think it will happen, and assuming it does, it won't be very good or as popular.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah we're not making a PM Wii U any time soon, but we would like to have an exploit to allow the GCC adapter to be used in Wii mode

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait are you saying one can use the kernel exploit, load sm4sh and have sd card access!?

EDIT: of course its not THAT simple, some custom code would have to be written to pull it off,but is the concept possible with kernel access but not IOSU?

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was testing out PONG . it runs nice on 4.1.0 :) they fixed it :) ToNight everyone will try it , I heard :)

Right side block , you have to use X-UP B-down Y-left A-right
left side block - dpad

when you are on 4.1.0
leave the game Hit home button , i get a white screen

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait are you saying one can use the kernel exploit, load sm4sh and have sd card access!?

EDIT: of course its not THAT simple, some custom code would have to be written to pull it off,but is the concept possible with kernel access but not IOSU?

Correct, the only problem is that that's Smash, not any other program. With an IOSU exploit we could have SD/USB access anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...