Homebrew VC injection 3.0: HANS injection

Shadowxp13

*don't have anything to put here*
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you tried deleting Super Mario Bros. 3's .patch file? It could be messing it up, since it's a download play game. I don't own any download play games so I can't try anything.
If i delete the rom of mario 3 multirom menu dont work, i deleted the patch file and it doesn't seems to work, i'm not at home now, will try it later.

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
Maybe it is because SMB3 is a DLP VC. I don't remember this method having issues with DLP VC though.
Super Mario Bros 3 works perfectly for me so far. I used it to play NES Tetris.

How can you get to multirom and debug menu?
How can you Download Play VC titles?
I tried Download Play, but the receiving system got Super Mario Bros 3. The weird thing is that anything I did in Tetris would control Mario on the other person's system.

Last edited by ThomasRobertWade,
Reactions: Jwiz33

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm anyone able to get Earthbound Zero Working? w/o issues? ( not sue if its the EB Beginnings Uncut patch i'm using but ocassionally the battle menu/feild menu options shift by 1 position (ex Fight/attack becomes PSI etc.) only NES VC i can test w/ is Metroid (doesnt do normal saving) LoZ1 and MM3

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
hmm anyone able to get Earthbound Zero Working? w/o issues? ( not sue if its the EB Beginnings Uncut patch i'm using but ocassionally the battle menu/feild menu options shift by 1 position (ex Fight/attack becomes PSI etc.) only NES VC i can test w/ is Metroid (doesnt do normal saving) LoZ1 and MM3
As soon as I get home this evening I'll try Mother. I'll try it with the fan translation and the 20th anniversary edition, but I have a feeling that the tnes converter might not work for it. I'll probably be able to let you know about half an hour after Doctor Who finishes broadcasting in the UK.

EDIT: I have managed to get Mother working using the patch linked below. If I have any issues with it I shall report them back as soon as possible.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2211/

Last edited by ThomasRobertWade,

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
NES Remix injection is now *fully* working. Take a look at speed Excitebike(Excitebike injected into speed mario bros.):
scr_38_TOP_LEFT.png

scr_38_BOTTOM.png

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one use the vcpkg file? I've tried dragging my nes rom onto the prepare.bat file, but it wants me to put a romfs file into its temp folder (which it just replaces anyways)

Any help with this?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How does one use the vcpkg file? I've tried dragging my nes rom onto the prepare.bat file, but it wants me to put a romfs file into its temp folder (which it just replaces anyways)

Any help with this?
open cmd then type like this
tnes "input rom name" "output rom name"

eg. tnes smb.nes smb.tnes

Reactions: fmkid

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone know how to make a game have multiple restore points? Like in NES multirom, we have one restore point for all of our games. Does anyone know a workaround?

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but can somebody explain to me how extracting the NES ROMs work?

I have the Virtual Console release of Super Mario Bros. 3 and would like to extract the ROM for personal usage (more specifically to run on Retroarch's NES emulators and to apply ROM hacks to the image), much like I did with my GameBoy ROMs, but I don't understand how it works. All I can gather is that the ROM is separated into two files of some sort that I barely understand.

I've tried taking a look at the tool on the first page but can't seem to figure out if it's possible to convert the 3DS' NES ROM into something else.

Can somebody perhaps break that down for me?

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
Dumb question, but can somebody explain to me how extracting the NES ROMs work?

I have the Virtual Console release of Super Mario Bros. 3 and would like to extract the ROM for personal usage (more specifically to run on Retroarch's NES emulators and to apply ROM hacks to the image), much like I did with my GameBoy ROMs, but I don't understand how it works. All I can gather is that the ROM is separated into two files of some sort that I barely understand.

I've tried taking a look at the tool on the first page but can't seem to figure out if it's possible to convert the 3DS' NES ROM into something else.

Can somebody perhaps break that down for me?
Why would you want to use the rom in the VC files? Just get a copy of the rom from elsewhere if you want to do that.

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to use the rom in the VC files? Just get a copy of the rom from elsewhere if you want to do that.

I know there are much easier alternatives and the ROM can easily be found elsewhere, but I still think the novelty of extracting a ROM yourself is incredibly neat and feels ever so slightly more legal. I'd love to be able to do that if at all possible.

From my understanding the tools on the front pages can covert normal NES ROMs into a VC compatible format, but I don't see a possible way to convert VC ROMs into standard ROMs.

Any help on the subject would greatly be appreciated.

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
I know there are much easier alternatives and the ROM can easily be found elsewhere, but I still think the novelty of extracting a ROM yourself is incredibly neat and feels ever so slightly more legal. I'd love to be able to do that if at all possible.

From my understanding the tools on the front pages can covert normal NES ROMs into a VC compatible format, but I don't see a possible way to convert VC ROMs into standard ROMs.

Any help on the subject would greatly be appreciated.
I don't think you could actually do that though. That's why I said to get the rom elsewhere.
In my opinion, it should be ok to get the rom from elsewhere if you already paid for the game (physically or digitally).

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paying for a game and then downloading it instead of dumping it is still piracy. Don't get me wrong though, I'm fine with pirates. Just pointing out that it is in fact NOT legal to download a game that you own. Excepting digital copies of games that are attached to an account so you can delete and later Re-download of course.

Edit: this is the law in the US though. I'm not familiar with copyright law in other countries, but afaik that would be fine in several of them. Sweden for example has fairly loose copyright laws. Iirc if you own a game you can give it to other people, as long as you aren't making a profit of some kind.

Last edited by zac122,

riktheprick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes me really wish I hadn't missed out on that four swords anniversary VC game that nintendo was handing out back in february. They had it on the eshop for only 2 days and I only found out about it a day late.

Reactions: NoNoNeko

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This makes me really wish I hadn't missed out on that four swords anniversary VC game that nintendo was handing out back in february. They had it on the eshop for only 2 days and I only found out about it a day late.
It wasn't a VC. It was a DS mode game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9agLk1_faxk