Tutorial  Updated

Using Gateway on A9LH V2

Just a quick guide for people who may be having trouble with getting Gateway to work with A9LH V2 after following Plailect's Guide.

I posted this in another thread and has helped a few people, so thought I would post it here for others to see and hope it helps somebody else too. ^_^

Download BootCTR from here: https://github.com/hartmannaf/BootCtr9/releases/tag/v0.4.1-alpha_

And put all the files onto the root of your SD card.

Replace the text in the boot_config.ini with the text in the below spoiler.

;Comments starts with ";" or "#", so you need to remove it first to the
;line actually do something.
[BOOTCTR9]
screenEnabled = 1
screenLog = 0
fileLog = 0
key_delay = 1000
boot_splash = 3
boot_splash_image = /arm9loaderhax/image2.bin
screenBrightness = 0xFF

[DEFAULT]
path = /GW.bin
delay = 100
offset = 0
payload = -1
splash = 1

[KEY_L]
path = /Luma.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = -1
splash = 1

[KEY_R]
path = /Luma.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = -1
screenEnabled = 1
splash = 1

[KEY_SELECT]
path = /Luma.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = -1
screenEnabled = 1
splash = 1

[KEY_X]
path = /Uncart.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

[KEY_Y]
path = /Emunand9.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

[KEY_START]
path = /Hourglass.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

;Each key can be defined using a section, like the example below. Section
;names must be ALL caps, and between "[]". Valid keys:
; * Common keys: KEY_A, KEY_B, KEY_X, KEY_Y, KEY_L, KEY_R, KEY_SELECT,
; KEY_START.
; * D-PAD: KEY_DUP, KEY_DDOWN, KEY_DLEFT, KEY_DRIGHT.
;You MUST set at least "path" for each section, and it is the ONLY option you
;should set in the majority of cases.
;You may pass a .3dsx file or a .dat/.bin payload, the file type is detect
;automatically based on extension. Double check the path, since it must be
;correct (including caps).
;[KEY_CPAD_LEFT] ;MUST BE ALL CAPS
;path = /And/Respect_Caps_in_Path.3dsx

;Boot examples for almost every CFW out there.
;You can use both .3dsx files or binary (.bin, .dat) payloads
;[KEY_A]
;path = /rxTools/sys/code.bin
;[KEY_B]
;path = /Cakes.dat
;[KEY_X]
;path = /3ds/GW/GW.3dsx
;[KEY_Y]
;path = /ReiNand.dat

;An important remark: the majority of CFWs set L button to show menu instead
;of autobooting. So it is generally a bad idea to set L button to CFW boot,
;or the CFW menu will be shown instead of booting directly to CFW.
;[KEY_L]

Put the Gateway payload on the root of the SD and name it "GW.bin"

Put the Luma payload on the root of the SD and name it "Luma.bin"

Put the Uncart payload on the root of the SD and name it "Uncart.bin"

Put the Emunand9 payload on the root of the SD and name it "Emunand9.bin"

Put the Hourglass9 payload on the root of the SD and name it "Hourglass.bin"

Links to these files will have been provided with Plailect's guide and the files will already be in the Luma folder if you followed that guide properly.

It works for me. Might not be for you, but will allow you to boot gateway by default and Luma with L or R for when you want to update the sysnand firmware and you can still access Luma settings with select should you need it.

Also, make sure the gateway LAUNCHER.DAT is on the root of the SD card too. :yay3ds:

PLEASE NOTE: Do not update while in GW sysnand, as it does not have Firm protections like Luma does, so updating in GW mode will remove a9lh and put you on OFW, so be careful.

Last edited by Cosmic_Link,

dodol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to remove bootctr ascii text and just use splash screen ?
I set boot_splash to 1 and ascii text still shown.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Is there a way to set the L option to not have any effect? Or to have L be the same as a normal Boot into luma sys? so either w/ or w/o the L I can still get into normal LumaSysnand?

Just put Luma on A. Leave L, R, and select unmapped. Then you'll have no problems. All A does is tell it to boot with the default settings (persistence override). You can use any of Luma's hotkeys in conjunction with A (select, L, R, they all work). This is why I said mapping it to those other buttons was a bad idea. Too confusing for people.

It works~! Used an N3DS with Luma3DS with v2 A9LH (Set this up today ^_^), and did as instructed. So in my case I held DPAD-Down, and it booted GW Mode. I launched a romhack of Omega Ruby and everything seems to be working fine. Though I think GBA and the rest of the stuff will still be broken on a SysNAND only setup. Used Launcher.dat 4.0a

It's not like GBA, DS carts, and DSiWare would magically start working with an EmuNAND. They have never worked with Gateway AT ALL (not even the ambassador titles) and probably never will. Also, it's only the Github version of BootCTR9 that works. For whatever reason, the dev version you linked gives a black screen with v2. I still need to try using delebile's payloads with the dev version of BootCTR9 though. I've confirmed that the stage payloads for delebile's version are indeed not console-specific and can be shared. Not that it matters. I'm not going to upload payloads that break boot managers.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not like GBA, DS carts, and DSiWare would magically start working with an EmuNAND. They have never worked with Gateway AT ALL (not even the ambassador titles) and probably never will. Also, it's only the Github version of BootCTR9 that works. For whatever reason, the dev version you linked gives a black screen with v2. I still need to try using delebile's payloads with the dev version of BootCTR9 though. I've confirmed that the stage payloads for delebile's version are indeed not console-specific and can be shared. Not that it matters. I'm not going to upload payloads that break boot managers.
I've never cared for GBA, DS or DSiWare as GW User. Not even on my main custom firmware do I care about GBA//DSiWare stuff. I use my DSTwo on whatever 3DS I happen to want to use it on, while using Corbenik, but even then I have AGB//TWL patches disabled.

Also, my "it works", was towards what Hayleia released. As this is the first time I actually have a V2 A9LH console. And I wasn't about to upgrade all my previous consoles to V2 A9LH just to test if they break what or who. Though, when I linked it to retrofan_k, it was just to show him, that it Key_X, did work on the root for me, but that the difference was that I was using the latest dev build. I guess I should have also mentioned I was on v1 A9LH, as that probably was another difference.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never cared for GBA, DS or DSiWare as GW User. Not even on my main custom firmware do I care about GBA//DSiWare stuff. I use my DSTwo on whatever 3DS I happen to want to use it on, while using Corbenik, but even then I have AGB//TWL patches disabled.

Also, my "it works", was towards what Hayleia released. As this is the first time I actually have a V2 A9LH console. And I wasn't about to upgrade all my previous consoles to V2 A9LH just to test if they break what or who. Though, when I linked it to retrofan_k, it was just to show him, that it Key_X, did work on the root for me, but that the difference was that I was using the latest dev build. I guess I should have also mentioned I was on v1 A9LH, as that probably was another difference.

OK, that makes sense. I have a DSTwo myself. TempGBA FTW. I only install the GBA ambassador titles to test reboot patches with. I haven't messed with injected titles. As for DSiWare, I do enjoy "Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition" -- it's the primary reason I've been dual booting since PBT came out. Though Alphabounce is a nice Breakout/Arkanoid clone. And of course, there's Dragon's Lair, and Brain Age Express: Sudoku (I thought I would actually play that, I cleared them all in the original Brain Age, but my puzzle game of choice tends to be Stretchmo now -- and to think, I only discovered it because Nintendo shoved a free trial in my face, not the smartest move on their part as easy as DLC tickets are to get). And the guitar tuner app is useful. I've got a big set of DSiWare titles downloaded, both as .nds and .cia. I've been meaning to check them out in an emulator or something to get an idea of what's good. I get the feeling I'm missing out on a lot of good stuff just because I don't know it exists. I kind-of skipped the DSi and went straight from the DS Lite to the 3DS XL.

The new mini boot manager does looks interesting. Oh yeah, the path is in plain text. I can modify it to "/a9lh/payloads/Gateway.bin" easily. So, this isn't just useful for Luma. It can be used as a workaround for Arm9Select and CBM9 as well.

@retrofan_k @Cosmic_Link
just found out easy steps without messing too much about boot_config.ini

the only content of my boot_config.ini is this:

Code:
[DEFAULT]
path = /luma/Luma3DS.bin
delay = 0
offset = 0
payload = -1

no more no less, but i can still boot into d9, e9, hg9, gm9, gw, lumaconfig...

what i did was:
i pathchanged the luma a9lh payload to /luma/Luma3DS.bin
and the luma will work as before (like without the bootctr9)

the logic of the less clutter boot_config.ini is this:

Code:
                        |---d9 (luma payload folder)
                        |---e9 (luma payload folder)
                        |---gw (luma payload folder)
bootctr----luma---------|---gm9 (luma payload folder)
                        |---lumaconfig
                        |---hg9 (luma payload folder)
                        |---etc payload (luma payload folder)

(bootctr only handles luma and Luma handes most of the payload)
(payload still on luma/payload folder but boot_config.ini is clutter less)

and the logic of the cluttery boot__config.ini that being talked about since this thread is opened is this:

Code:
              |---d9 (random file directory)
              |---luma (random file directory)
              |---gw (random file directory)
bootctr-------|---e9 (random file directory)
              |---gm9 (random file directory)
              |---lumaconfig
              |---hg9 (random file directory)
              |---etc payload (random file directory)

(bootctr handles all the payload)
(payload directory is the users choice, but the boot_config.ini is cluttery)

There's an even easier method. And it doesn't put everything through an extra chain loader, just GW. After all, you're only using BootCTR9 to get GW to run. No need to run everything through it. Try this one:

Code:
[BOOTCTR9]
screenEnabled = 1
screenLog = 0
fileLog = 0
key_delay = 0
screenBrightness = 0x40

[DEFAULT]
path = /a9lh/payloads/Gateway.bin
screenEnabled = 1
delay = 200
offset = 0
payload = -1

Change the path as needed, of course. This is my current fix for Arm9Select (the new mini chain loader crashes too much with it for some reason). Anyway, just hotkey BootCTR9 as if it was GW. Now you're not running everything through an extra chain loader needlessly. You don't even have to patch Luma. I'm not getting how someone can care about clutter in an .ini file (where it doesn't matter) yet have zero concerns about cluttering the boot process, but to each their own.

I'm surprised still no one made this.

Here's a file that should (if it works, and though I'd say it does, don't hold me responsible if you brick by using this) load the Gateway a9lh file named "gateway.bin" in /luma/payloads/.
So just call that something like "down_v2gw.bin" or something, then put it in /luma/payloads/, put GW's a9lh file in /luma/payloads/ too and name it "gateway.bin" and you should be able to run GW with Luma by holding down at boot without having to use another boot manager.

I only tested this on my 2DS though, and I only tested normal boot (I didn't try to go to System Settings or booting a GBA game and stuff).

Thanks for this. I've taken the liberty of changing "/luma/payloads/gateway.bin" to "/a9lh/payloads/Gateway.bin" in the copies I'm using. Makes it more universal. Besides, I don't like the thought of putting something in the "luma/payloads" folder that isn't actually being hotkeyed. I've done some thorough testing of this with Arm9Select, CBM9, and of course Luma, the intended target. The boot rate is close enough to 100% with CBM9 and Luma, but it's absolutely dreadful with Arm9Select for some reason. Oh well, for now I'll just use this with CBM9 and Luma, and have Arm9Select use BootCTR9 for it's GW hotkey (with an .ini file that defaults to GW and has no hotkeys defined). However, if you can figure out what's causing it to fail in A9S, that would be great.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for this. I've taken the liberty of changing "/luma/payloads/gateway.bin" to "/a9lh/payloads/Gateway.bin" in the copies I'm using. Makes it more universal. Besides, I don't like the thought of putting something in the "luma/payloads" folder that isn't actually being hotkeyed. I've done some thorough testing of this with Arm9Select, CBM9, and of course Luma, the intended target. The boot rate is close enough to 100% with CBM9 and Luma, but it's absolutely dreadful with Arm9Select for some reason. Oh well, for now I'll just use this with CBM9 and Luma, and have Arm9Select use BootCTR9 for it's GW hotkey (with an .ini file that defaults to GW and has no hotkeys defined). However, if you can figure out what's causing it to fail in A9S, that would be great.
Yeah of course, change the path to whatever suits you.
I primarily made this for people who use Luma as main and Gateway as secondary, so that's why I hardcoded the /luma/payloads/ folder. Other people probably have a boot manager anyway, and the boot manager is supposed to be able to run Gateway...

And no idea why a9select would fail with v2gw. But I'm not sure I'm getting what your setup was since you mention CBM9, a9select and BootCtr9 :P
Your root a9lh.bin is a9select with Luma as default, CBM9 as secondary, and Gateway as wanted secondary (but fails due to a9select not supporting it and v2gw failing for some reason), is that it?
If that's so, you should be able to replace a9select with a9lhay in your setup since it's supposed to support Gateway directly (without v2gw). Though I'm not really able to test stuff at the moment since my only working setup is my 2DS (my O3DSXL's SD went into read-only for some reason, my N3DSXL is disassembled, and my 2DS doesn't use a9lhay and I'm prioritize the reassembly of my N3DSXL more than testing stuff on my 2DS).

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah of course, change the path to whatever suits you.
I primarily made this for people who use Luma as main and Gateway as secondary, so that's why I hardcoded the /luma/payloads/ folder. Other people probably have a boot manager anyway, and the boot manager is supposed to be able to run Gateway...

And no idea why a9select would fail with v2gw. But I'm not sure I'm getting what your setup was since you mention CBM9, a9select and BootCtr9 :P
Your root a9lh.bin is a9select with Luma as default, CBM9 as secondary, and Gateway as wanted secondary (but fails due to a9select not supporting it and v2gw failing for some reason), is that it?
If that's so, you should be able to replace a9select with a9lhay in your setup since it's supposed to support Gateway directly (without v2gw). Though I'm not really able to test stuff at the moment since my only working setup is my 2DS (my O3DSXL's SD went into read-only for some reason, my N3DSXL is disassembled, and my 2DS doesn't use a9lhay and I'm prioritize the reassembly of my N3DSXL more than testing stuff on my 2DS).

Well, I'm not necessarily using them all at once ;)

Actually, my own setup uses BootCTR9, so it doesn't need the fix. It has Luma as default, but has Gateway, Cakes, and ReiNAND all as hotkeyed alternatives. It also uses CBM9 as a sort of "extras" menu for less used apps and CFWs (Uncart, Salt, Salt Lite, etc.). And that's not exactly a normal setup either -- I use multiple .cfg files via CBM9's memory patching feature to create fake sub-menus (for example, select "Apps" and it reloads CBM9 with another configuration file showing a list of apps, the last entry being a "Return to Main" option that again re-launches CBM9 with the default configuration file).

However, I took it upon myself to create an AIO drag-and-drop archive that gives people a choice of the 4 most popular boot managers (pre-configured to run just about every CFW and app, and in the case of the copy that goes to the iso site, with all firmware and key files said CFWs and apps need included, so that people having trouble getting them to work can just copy and paste). Actually, I started out just uploading my BootCTR9 config for people that wanted to make GW the default. Then I decided to add a CBM9 setup, because most long-time Menuhax users seem to be more used to CBM and might prefer it. At some point I decided I might as well include Arm9Select because it's easy enough to setup, and a Luma configuration so that people don't feel compelled to switch from what they're used to just for the ready-to-use CFWs.

So, basically, since I'm providing these fully configured boot managers, and the only one that loads GW from A9LH v2 is BootCTR9, I thought I'd see if this would work with the other two boot managers. One worked great, the other, not so much. Oh well, there's probably far more people using CBM9 anyway.

It's no big deal if you can't check it out. I can just have A9S hotkey BootCTR9 for now (with an .ini file set to boot straight into Gateway). I certainly understand the priority of reassembling an N3DS XL. I had one apart recently myself. A word of advice. Be VERY CAREFUL with those damn clamps for the screen ribbon cables. They have a nasty tendency to become unhinged. And once it's off, it's not going back. You're looking at a motherboard replacement at that point. I just said screw it and bent the pins onto the cable with a flat-head screwdriver. I don't advise it. Text screens look perfectly fine, but the Home Menu looks messed up. It will work for grabbing EUR eShop updates, but I'll probably never be able to play games on my Australian N3DS XL again. The cost of a motherboard is $70. I can't justify that. Especially since, given the recent nose dive the UK's currency just took, I could probably import a brand new PAL unit for that price now ;)

I've looked into A9LHay before, but I don't have any kids I need to keep out of GodMode9, so I don't need it's primary reason for existing -- being able to assign button combos to payloads. Maybe I should look into it again if it supports GW on A9LH v2. Still, I'd rather avoid the "how would I reassign CFW X to this button" questions for it. The folder naming scheme it uses to determine the button combo isn't exactly straightforward. I'd have to look up the naming scheme every time someone had a question.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So if I'm a GW card user, running a N3DS on v10.x emunand, with NO cfw installed (besides the mset hack).... can I follow this guide or do I need to start with that one guys a9lh install guide? (Obviously don't want to use GW al9h where its permanent)

My only motivation for this is to have a way to boot directly into emunand. Hate having to go through system profile/DS profile, and hope it doesn't freeze up. (Happens like 20% of the time)

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm a GW card user, running a N3DS on v10.x emunand, with NO cfw installed (besides the mset hack).... can I follow this guide or do I need to start with that one guys a9lh install guide? (Obviously don't want to use GW al9h where its permanent)

My only motivation for this is to have a way to boot directly into emunand. Hate having to go through system profile/DS profile, and hope it doesn't freeze up. (Happens like 20% of the time)
You need to have completed Plailect's A9LH Guide before being able to use mine.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to have completed Plailect's A9LH Guide before being able to use mine.

I'm newb to messing w any a9lh setups. What does your version do different/addition to Plailects? And his guide is fine for N3ds and keeping the use of GW card/emunand right? (I like having both 3ds and CIA roms usable) :-)

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm newb to messing w any a9lh setups. What does your version do different/addition to Plailects? And his guide is fine for N3ds and keeping the use of GW card/emunand right? (I like having both 3ds and CIA roms usable) :-)
My guide is just so you can actually use GW with Luma3DS, without using BootCTR9. Even if you want to use this guide on this thread. You need A9LH. Doesn't matter which guide, this one or mine, you decide to use. You'll need to use either or, to get GW working on v2 A9LH. Plailect's A9LH Guide doesn't cover getting how to get GW's a9lh.bin working.

As for keeping your EmuNAND, that's up to you. With A9LH you don't need to keep an EmuNAND anymore, you just keep your SysNAND updated, but you can't update SysNAND in GW Mode, otherwise you'll lose A9LH or brick.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guide is just so you can actually use GW with Luma3DS, without using BootCTR9. Even if you want to use this guide on this thread. You need A9LH. Doesn't matter which guide, this one or mine, you decide to use. You'll need to use either or, to get GW working on v2 A9LH. Plailect's A9LH Guide doesn't cover getting how to get GW's a9lh.bin working.

As for keeping your EmuNAND, that's up to you. With A9LH you don't need to keep an EmuNAND anymore, you just keep your SysNAND updated, but you can't update SysNAND in GW Mode, otherwise you'll lose A9LH or brick.

OK. Thanks for all the good info. Do any of these methods result in my current emunand being wiped or CIA/saves being lost/corrupted?
And I only ever update in emunand. Sys fw is still 9.0x.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. Thanks for all the good info. Do any of these methods result in my current emunand being wiped or CIA/saves being lost/corrupted?
And I only ever update in emunand. Sys fw is still 9.0x.

The only thing that gets lost with Plaillect's guide is anything installed to SysNAND, because it has you restore your EmuNAND to SysNAND (without overwriting the firm partitions, so you keep A9LH). There's no need to keep SysNAND on 9.x with A9LH (A9LH runs first, so SysNAND firmware version no longer matters) so Plaillect just has you overwrite it with your EmuNAND, because most people have presumably installed everything except GBA and DSiWare there. Which puts everything that is on your EmuNAND on your SysNAND (including updates). He then has you delete EmuNAND, but you don't have to. If you're feeling a bit more cautious, you can restore sysNAND_original.bin to EmuNAND instead. That gives you a chance to look it over, make sure you're not missing anything. I keep 9.2 around as an EmuNAND, just in case Nintendo breaks homebrew apps in a future update. If you decide you don't need it, you can always delete it later, after all.

I have a more open-ended guide on a certain iso site's "3DS Tips and Tutorials" section that doesn't have you delete EmuNAND immediately, instead giving you the option to swap both, or leave both where they are. That ensures that you still have everything, either way, in case you forgot to back a save up from a GBA game, DSiWare title, or legit CIA. My version also hotkeys the apps and CFWs used with BootCTR, and includes a couple of GW shortcuts for those that own GW, like using the TinyFormat ROM instead of installing the CIA. Mine also sets up Gateway for you already, with a hotkey (the B button). Mine also walks you through configuring Cakes, along with Luma. In the event something doesn't work right, you have a second CFW to troubleshoot with (actually, mine more or less gives you all CFWs and apps). I also provide a link at the end of my guide to my "AIO A9LH Configurations" which lets you choose between 3 dedicated boot managers and 2 CFWs as your chain loader, and set pretty much any CFW as the default (unless you pick one of those two CFWs for your chain loader, in which case, they will be the default), with the ability to select all the other CFWs.

I would argue that my revision gives more options, and it gives you GW already setup. However, it's only for setting up A9LH. It assumes you already have Menuhax setup (though it refers people to other guides that can help with that, including Plaillect's). Also, following Plaillect's guide, then grabbing my "AIO A9LH Configurations" afterward pretty much gives you the same results. So, choose whichever you find easier to follow. You can still get my complete setups with Gateway pre-configured either way. Temptress Cerise and I are both using the same work-around. I may have implemented it slightly differently, but the result is the same. GW will work in A9LH v2 when using Luma as your chain loader. The difference is, I didn't stop with Luma. I implemented the same fix in CBM9 and Corbenik. Though I've also added a work-around for Arm9Select. Any chain loader you pick should run GW without issue.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

gha_razor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
can somebedy help me, I am using exact same boot_config as the guide in page 1
but why I can't access Luma using BootCtr9
I can access all other like Gateway, Decrypt9, Emunand9, Hourglass, etc
but when holding L or R to access Luma it gives me black screen
I can access it normally without BootCtr9 though
already tried version 0.4.1, 0.4, & 0.3 with same result
haven't tried the 0.1 & 0.2 though but I think it will be the same
so how can I fix this?

this is the log file
opened logfile
Reading GLOBAL section
Checking input
Key checked-selected section: KEY_R
Reading selected section
Checking payload
Loading Splash image
Splash image not set, use default screen
Loading Payload:
/Luma.bin
Reading payload
Finished reading the payload
closing files and unmount sd
is there something wrong in this log?

Last edited by gha_razor,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If this is being used, my DSTWO does not work anymore on Luma3DS. Can anyone help me with this?

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You mean that you're using BootCtr9 to get to Luma ? Which means that Luma isn't your main arm9loaderhax.bin ? Did you use the pathchanger on Luma ?
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...ng-luma3ds-work-with-an-external-boot-manager
My setup is like this:

[BOOTCTR9]
screenEnabled = 1
screenLog = 0
fileLog = 0
key_delay = 1000
boot_splash = 3
screenBrightness = 0xFF

[DEFAULT]
path = /Luma.bin
delay = 100
offset = 0
payload = -1
splash = 1

[KEY_DDOWN]
path = /GW.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = -1
splash = 1

[KEY_X]
path = /Uncart.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

[KEY_Y]
path = /Emunand9.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

[KEY_START]
path = /Hourglass.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

; KEY_START.

;[KEY_A]
;[KEY_B]
;path = /Cakes.dat
;[KEY_X]
;path = /3ds/GW/GW.3dsx
;[KEY_Y]
;path = /ReiNand.dat

;[KEY_L]
;path = /rxTools/sys/code.bin ;BAD IDEA!!!
What does this pathchanger do exactly?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My setup is like this:

[BOOTCTR9]
screenEnabled = 1
screenLog = 0
fileLog = 0
key_delay = 1000
boot_splash = 3
screenBrightness = 0xFF

[DEFAULT]
path = /Luma.bin
delay = 100
offset = 0
payload = -1
splash = 1

[KEY_DDOWN]
path = /GW.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = -1
splash = 1

[KEY_X]
path = /Uncart.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

[KEY_Y]
path = /Emunand9.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

[KEY_START]
path = /Hourglass.bin
delay = 1000
offset = 0
payload = 1
splash = 3
screenEnabled = 1

; KEY_START.

;[KEY_A]
;[KEY_B]
;path = /Cakes.dat
;[KEY_X]
;path = /3ds/GW/GW.3dsx
;[KEY_Y]
;path = /ReiNand.dat

;[KEY_L]
;path = /rxTools/sys/code.bin ;BAD IDEA!!!
What does this pathchanger do exactly?
The pathchanger tells Luma where it is so it can apply patches to itself when the 3DS needs to reboot in special modes like the DS mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1