Englaterra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this possible?

I've created injects using TeconMoon from wbfs files, making sure to check the option for Classic Controller emulation (not forced).

The injects all seem to either want to use the gamepad, which forces my pro controller to shut off and not be recognised any longer, or a wiimote - which is what I'm trying to avoid.

The game in question is one which should have really worked with the old Wii Pro controller (SSBB), so I assumed the WiiuPro controller would be recognised as that, or be interchangeable with the gamepad.

I have an old classic controller for the Wii which I can use but I'd rather not, I've already got enough controllers in the rotation as it is.

Would forcing the classic controller emulation when making the injects help? That would require the long process or converting them again but yea, I don't know, I'd only want to do it if I knew it worked.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure about the wiiu pro controller, but I know that it's possible to use the gamepad on wii games that can use the classic controller or classic controller pro.

Englaterra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not sure about the wiiu pro controller, but I know that it's possible to use the gamepad on wii games that can use the classic controller or classic controller pro.

understood. the last time i tried to run ssbb (the wii version) i could do so with the gamepad, but not the wiiupro controller, and therein lies my trouble/confusion - i patched classic controller emulation when i made the inject, but is that just for the gamepad and not the pro controller?

i'm not expecting the pro controller to work with motion-only controls games, that would be miraculous.

i have a gamepad, i basically want to use it as little as possible/only when necessary, as the pro controller is so much better an less cumbersome that it's not even funny.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
understood. the last time i tried to run ssbb (the wii version) i could do so with the gamepad, but not the wiiupro controller, and therein lies my trouble/confusion - i patched classic controller emulation when i made the inject, but is that just for the gamepad and not the pro controller?

i'm not expecting the pro controller to work with motion-only controls games, that would be miraculous.

If I remember correctly you would need a wii pro controller instead of a wii u pro controller, I remember Wii U pro controller won't work with wii vc games like Xenoblade.

Shadas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You can try xerpi's fakemote for using wiiu pro controller for games that uses motion controls but i didn't test it myself.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news, It's probably technically possible to hack individual games to support Wii U Pro controllers, as fundamentally, Wii U Pro controllers connect and behave similarly to Wii Remotes- unlike the Wii U Gamepad which has a whole bunch of dedicated hardware functionality needed to get it working.

Bad news, nobody has done this. It requires a lot of probably game specific hacking and whatnot. Wii U Pro controllers are supported in many vWii homebrew though- emulators, nintendont, backup loaders, etc, and these will even work if you manage to pair a Wii U Pro controller to an original Wii.

Englaterra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good news, It's probably technically possible to hack individual games to support Wii U Pro controllers, as fundamentally, Wii U Pro controllers connect and behave similarly to Wii Remotes- unlike the Wii U Gamepad which has a whole bunch of dedicated hardware functionality needed to get it working.

Bad news, nobody has done this. It requires a lot of probably game specific hacking and whatnot. Wii U Pro controllers are supported in many vWii homebrew though- emulators, nintendont, backup loaders, etc, and these will even work if you manage to pair a Wii U Pro controller to an original Wii.

Ah, I must have been operating under a false assumption.

I have the WiiuPro controller working with GCN retail injects via nintendon't, and that works a treat. They run on the gamepad too, which is neat, but I much prefer using the WiiU Pro controller for its battery life and the feel of a more traditional console without seven million different control peripherals and schemes!

I was hoping to do something similar with the Wii injects but I guess not.

Are my options then limited to using the wiimote for motion-only games (which makes sense, obviously I'd have to use motion plus for Skyward Sword and such), and using the classic controller (pro) for the Wii games that were compatible with it? I have one, just haven't dusted it off in a long time.

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
As far as possibility goes RE4 (for SOME reason) allows the Pro Controller to connect by default, even letting you control the HOME button if you make it player1. I don't know why either but maybe it could be datamined to show how or why it does.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as possibility goes RE4 (for SOME reason) allows the Pro Controller to connect by default, even letting you control the HOME button if you make it player1. I don't know why either but maybe it could be datamined to show how or why it does.
This post had me intrigued, so I went and gave it a test, but I can't get my copy of Resident Evil 4 Wii to recognize my Wii U Pro Controller on my Wii U at all. I tried launching it both as it's own injected channel from the Wii U menu, as well as going in through USBLoader GX and booting a copy of the game from there. Both efforts were unfruitful. Which makes me wonder about your copy of Resident Evil 4, are you certain it's a vanilla copy of the game, and someone else didn't patch the game from wherever you may have obtained it from? Cuz I'm honestly curious if someone actually did know what they were doing at some point and applied such a patch to allow Wii U Pro controller support for an individual game.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are we talking Wii Classic Controller Pro here? or actual Wii U Pro Controller. Because what you said is exactly what happen if you try to use the Wii Classic Controller Pro with a legit non modded RE4 Wii VC.

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This post had me intrigued, so I went and gave it a test, but I can't get my copy of Resident Evil 4 Wii to recognize my Wii U Pro Controller on my Wii U at all. I tried launching it both as it's own injected channel from the Wii U menu, as well as going in through USBLoader GX and booting a copy of the game from there. Both efforts were unfruitful. Which makes me wonder about your copy of Resident Evil 4, are you certain it's a vanilla copy of the game, and someone else didn't patch the game from wherever you may have obtained it from? Cuz I'm honestly curious if someone actually did know what they were doing at some point and applied such a patch to allow Wii U Pro controller support for an individual game.
Are we talking Wii Classic Controller Pro here? or actual Wii U Pro Controller. Because what you said is exactly what happen if you try to use the Wii Classic Controller Pro with a legit non modded RE4 Wii VC.
Pro Controller, the reason I tried this was because I'd read it in this post

Wii RE4 doesn't allow more than one controller connected at a time, so I had to go to Home menu, open sync options and sync the WiiU Pro Controller. Needless to say, it works (only the HOME button tho) and this is the eShop version of RE4 (NTSC)

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Pro Controller, the reason I tried this was because I'd read it in this post

Wii RE4 doesn't allow more than one controller connected at a time, so I had to go to Home menu, open sync options and sync the WiiU Pro Controller. Needless to say, it works (only the HOME button tho) and this is the eShop version of RE4 (NTSC)

that guy says that he can play Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora's Tower with a Wii U Pro Controller, can anyone else confirm that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade