malikoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hey what's up everybody?
I've got a question for all of you here.

Last year I bought my WiiU. It came with Loadiine GX installed and access to HBL Illuminati via internet.
When I bought it, the seller advised against using Mii Maker since the app works to play the games, so that meant no Mii Maker creation and no User change.

After a while I started looking into software and stuff for the Wii U myself.

Nowadays I installed every WUP I have on my drive using RedNand and I haven't touched Loadiine for aaanything.

My question, after all that, is:

Is there a way to restore Mii Maker and still play games like I'm doing?
Can I change my user or will it create problems for emulation?
I'm still using the Illuminati Launcher on the internet to access HBL. Is there an alternative to that?
Is there a way to connect to the internet if I were to do all the things above?

Sorry for the ignorance if the questions are really dumb, and thanks!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You could have been using mii maker all along. It wouldn't affect running HBL from browser. Just use it before running your "illuminati" hack. That uses mii maker and after that when you tap miimaker it goes straight to HBL. (Or whatever you loaded from browser). Reboot and you have regular mii maker again.

2. Most people don't use the browser anymore. Spend 5 bucks online and buy a DS game from the eshop (one on the HaxChi list) then install HaxChi and no more browser hacks, no more mii maker hijacking. You'll have an icon on your home screen for HaxChi and you can either set it up to boot you into HBL or better yet, HaxChi CFW. At that point you can ditch redNAND for good.

3. Why ditch redNAND? Lots of reasons but to sum it up, it's not for regular users. It's supposed to he a sandbox for developer testing. It wasn't meant for everyday use. At some point your redNAND will likely corrupt itself on your SD and you will lose all your saves etc. Better to start migrating all your stuff to sigpatched sysnand before that happens.

malikoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Awesome!! Thanks for the reply.
I'm quite new to everything related to homebrew so I was always using what looked safer. Can you direct me to a tutorial that I can follow to en up with a console as you describe it?

Thanks again!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!! Thanks for the reply.
I'm quite new to everything related to homebrew so I was always using what looked safer. Can you direct me to a tutorial that I can follow to en up with a console as you describe it?

Thanks again!
Sure. My noob guide is in the stickies

Reactions: malikoman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://mcbroken.com/ 50/50