Use Win10 system as Bluetooth Speaker without user input?

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I came across a Win10 PC that has a great built-in speaker. I wanted to keep it headless and use it to play music from my phone when I'm nearby, but all of the apps I can find that allow for Bluetooth streaming (ex. Bluetooth Audio Receiver by Mark Smirnov) need you to manually go into the desktop and activate the connection from there. Is there any way I can just enable the connection on my phone and have that be the trigger to let the PC do the rest?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are lucky you can use miracast with most android phones. It's often buried within windows little hard to find. But its better than bluetooth I think ; i dug up a quick video .

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This unfortunately won't work for my case; I'm using an Apple phone to play music. I noticed that Microsoft has instructions to build a UWP similar to the Bluetooth Audio Receiver so I may just need to tinker around with the code and see if I can find a way to automate the stream opening process. For anyone not in my use case stumbling across this though, this might work if there's a way to get that app to open on boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto