USBloaderGX not showing gamecube games tried sd card and usb

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, So I homebrewed my Wii and have had no difficulty using snes, not64. I had heard that the wii had greater difficulty with a usb drive then sd card. So I installed nintendont with the boot.dol , icon and xml. I also loaded usbloader gx. I already went through the connecting it to the internet and doing the install on the slot and it showing green no errors 249, 250 etc and got the d2x. I got my games in Iso. I did on the sd/games/ "E:\sd\apps\games\Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance[GDEP71 ]/game.iso

but it never sees it if i plug in the sd card in the front then when home brew comes up it wont load any apps but the usb does. both are fat32.

what am i suppose to do super nintendo no problem n64 no problems. i tried doing a wii back up manager got the wbfs even though i havent installed any wii games. Help please

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I will give games don't display a try. Since not64 and snes works. the 4th select titles sources shows wii games and gc games check marked. I also tried earlier remount. but did so again. My Usb with not 64, and snes is recognized. I did my sd card because of all the trouble I heard with the usb in regards to game cube games. it literally has the games folder games/name/games.iso shows in hard drive settings game/install part fate32 multiple partitions off usb port 0. mount usb at launch on. Game split size none of the games I choose off vimm we're bigger then 4gbs. WHEN I went into custom paths-Main game cube path usb1:/games/ it had all my normal files that have been working fine in usb 1 at the bottom it had okay, sd:/ and cancel if i choose SD THEN IT SAYS SD folder and System volume information if i then choose SD THEN APPS FOLDER THEN IT SAYS GAMESTHEN I SEE THE 4 GAMES WITH EACH ONE having its own folder with its name and the game id then when clicking on that game folder it just shows a folder with . .
Post automatically merged:

On the loader it has it selected where i can do the display as list or display as a carousel but it doesnt matter it it because of the folder on the sd after sd being called apps then a folder for games?

thanks I will give games don't display a try.

Thanks for the link so I read the troubleshooting guide. Since my only issue is can't see the game cube games. I double checked if the PC was hiding an extra game. Iso iso. By going to settings and at the bottom hidden and said to show all. Then since my iso were in knit.iso I converted them to back to regular iso. If I go into the source in settings on usb loader I can find game cube and then if I click on it shows games then all the game names but it still isn't populating it on the usb loader main menu. I tried and plan on trying one more time on Wii back up manager to see about Changing to wbfs. Or just to make sure it was it. Correct on the file. Any other suggestions I should look into. My father in law has cancer and I've been trying to mod this now with GameCube when I had already done SNES and not64 so that my spouse and son can have something fun to just distract them but I'm failing I'm not giving up just anything I could be missing I mean I did the game/example Mario party/game.iso

Last edited by Purepsycho,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You cant compare Emulators for SNES and not64 which is standalone with a USB Loader thats is using the nativ hard- and software.

The gamecube images should be in .iso format, not in wbfs which is for Wii games. Use Gamecube backup manager (GC games only) not the Wii gamecube (Wii games only) manager.

Be sure you selected Nintendont for GC games:
  1. Launch USB Loader GX
  2. Go to Settings > Loader Settings
  3. Find GameCube settings > GameCube Mode and make sure Nintendont is selected. If it isn't, select it.
Else:
  • Check the Nintendont game path setting.
  • Maybe the gc games are corrupted, so get a new dump of at leat one GC game use GC backup manager and try.
  • You may try also first to run Nintendont from within Homebrew launcher to check if the games are displayed and run. If yes you need to check the settings in USB- Loader GX.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could the iso be the problem? Has anyone had problems with vimm?
You cant compare Emulators for SNES and not64 which is standalone with a USB Loader thats is using the nativ hard- and software.

The gamecube images should be in .iso format, not in wbfs which is for Wii games. Use Gamecube backup manager (GC games only) not the Wii gamecube (Wii games only) manager.

Maybe the gc games are corrupted, so maybe get a new dump of the GC games. And check the Nintendont game path setting. You may try also first to run Nintendont from within Homebrew launcher to check if the games are displayed and run. If yes you need to check the settings in USB- Loadee GX.
Yeah I saw some of the Iso. we're corrupt so I got new ones from my friend and checked that they worked on dolphin. I downloaded the cios, did the three specific files and put them on the root of the sd card and usb. just to see if it was having a problem reading it from the sd 32 gb memory card or the usb drive. I just bought yesterday a brand new sd card and formatted it as fat32. I
  1. Set everything to match the following:
    • Select cIOS: v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
    • Select cIOS base: 56
    • Select cIOS slot: 249
  2. Press the A button to install.
  3. Set everything to match the following:
    • Select cIOS base: 57
    • Select cIOS slot: 250
  4. Press the A button to install.
  5. Set everything to match the following:
    • Select cIOS base: 58
    • Select cIOS slot: 251
  6. Press the A button to install.
  7. Press the B button to exit.
I uninstalled and reinstalled usb loader. and Uninstalled nintendont and reinstalled it. I can find it in the usb loader when i go into the settings and source path. I know snes and not64 are emulators where as nintendont is making it so you can play your game cube games it can technically launch them but it's easier to just manage and see the game in the usb loader. My usb is using the correct port. I did get it to launch through nintendont i checked the settings in usb loader like trouble shooter guide directed

Attachments

• IMG_20221026_104334614_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_104334614_HDR.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20221026_104441277_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_104441277_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20221026_104137351.jpg
    IMG_20221026_104137351.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20221026_104240036_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_104240036_HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20221026_104208412_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_104208412_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20221026_104311109_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_104311109_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20221026_104357282_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_104357282_HDR.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20221026_105004397.jpg
    IMG_20221026_105004397.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20221026_105147599.jpg
    IMG_20221026_105147599.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20221026_104947421.jpg
    IMG_20221026_104947421.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 63

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One thing that i didnt mentioned, because you mixed Gamecube with Wii games. Nintendont only needs IOS 58. If you are using SysMenu version 4.3 its uptodate, it can be checked by cresting a Syscheck. The cIOS 249/250/251 are needed to play Wii games.

And disable/dont use the favorite option, because you doenst have any games marked as them.

The suggestion to use Nintendont directly is to get an idea of the problem. For sure USB-Loader GX is some nicer to use.

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that i didnt mentioned, because you mixed Gamecube with Wii games. Nintendont only needs IOS 58. If you are using SysMenu version 4.3 its uptodate. The cIOS 249/250/251 are needed to play Wii games, which are correct setup.

And disable the favorite option, because you doenst have any games marked as them.
Sorry for the confusion on the Wii I haven't done anything with the Wii games. spouse auto immune makes it so the wii games movement would flare to much my main goal has been getting the snes and not64 and gamecube. I honestly the last 3 days have been troubleshooting only nintendont because the others have worked perfectly. But I can't get the usb loader to show the games. It did load in nintendont the twilight princess. But I heard its better to do it through usb loader. I will didn't favorite anything but i do have wii and game cubes check marked so ill uncheck mark the wii games. But what else can I do for the usb loader I tried uninstalling. I'm assuming its okay if I did the changes to the Cios or do I need to go in and change it? to the 58 only. Does that unprogram the other two or does it even matter.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pls go to USB Loader GX settings and set loader IOS to 58.
Else try a normal size GC ISO. The one from Zelda is shrunked.

EDIT: BTW if you set in USB Loader GX to use Nintendont for GC games you are using also Nintendont, but using the graphical interface if USB Loader GX.

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all the hassle I changed it in the screen shot to 58 do i need to adjust the game ios off 250 or is that fine

Sorry for all the hassle I changed it in the screen shot to 58 do i need to adjust the game ios off 250 or is that fine
I changed it but it still isnt showing in usb loader

Attachments

• IMG_20221026_115841214.jpg
    IMG_20221026_115841214.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20221026_115820711.jpg
    IMG_20221026_115820711.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20221026_114516194.jpg
    IMG_20221026_114516194.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20221026_114443919_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_114443919_HDR.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20221026_114423993_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221026_114423993_HDR.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20221026_114332327 (1).jpg
    IMG_20221026_114332327 (1).jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 126

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, this is confusing. Pls try first to run a gc game from SD only and change the settings in USB Loader GX to use only SDCard as source for gc games, e.g. also disable auto boot USB drive. Just as additional info the external drive should be recommended formated as fat32 as one hole partition.

Because the game runs through Nintendont directly, you need to check the settings in USB- Loader GX.

Check Category filter (left 5th symbol), it should be set to "All".
Go to Settings "Loader settings" and under gamecube settings set gamecube path to "Mainpath SD"
And go to Settings "Community Path" and check the path for "Gamecube" and "SD Gamecube"
Also try a original standard sized image iso of a game, not a shrinked one.

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, this is confusing. Pls try first to run a gc game from SD only and change the settings in USB Loader GX to use only SDCard as source for gc games, e.g. also disable auto boot USB drive. Just as additional info the external drive should be recommended formated as fat32 as one hole partition.

Because the game runs through Nintendont directly, you need to check the settings in USB- Loader GX.

Check Category filter (left 5th symbol), it should be set to "All".
Go to Settings "Loader settings" and under gamecube settings set gamecube path to "Mainpath SD"
And go to Settings "Community Path" and check the path for "Gamecube" and "SD Gamecube"
Okay. Is that going to be in the loader settings>I did see a auto boot in the loader settings of usb loader under nintendont it just says auto boot off or on. So I turned it to off.

In check category filter 5th over it is set to all.

I successfully changed in loader settings>gamecube settings>game cube source>sd path/main path
saved

But I can't find in usb loader community path? Is it suppose to also be in the loader settings?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay. Is that going to be in the loader settings>I did see a auto boot in the loader settings of usb loader under nintendont it just says auto boot off or on. So I turned it to off.
No, this one should be enabled as on.
In the Loader settings directly under loader IOs and game IOS is "fast boot". Disbsle it temporary, then only SD Card will be used.

But I can't find in usb loader community path? Is it suppose to also be in the loader settings?
Sorry, in english its called "user path" in the settings on the second site.

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this one should be enabled as on.
In the Loader settings directly under loader IOs and game IOS is "fast boot". Disbsle it temporary, then only SD Card will be used.

Sorry, in english its called "user path" in the settings on the second site.
I really appreciate all the help. Sorry for any difficulty
For the auto boot I turned it back ON.

In loader settings
under Loader's IOS 58
and Game's IOS 250 is
QUICK Boot
is already on " OFF."
Block IOS reload Auto
Return to Off

Setting file no change
Memory card emulation individual
memory card blocks size 251.

Didn't know if you needed any of those settings.

As for the "community path" or user path I can't find it in the loader settings
if I go into under the next page,
settings there is one called Custom Path's
I had tried messing with it earlier but its currently as follows
MAIN GAMECUBE PATH: USB1:WBFS/GAMES/BALDUR'S GATE DARK ALLIANCE[GDEP71]
SD GAMECUBE PATH IS SD:/GAMES/

It's not in caps I just was wanting to make it easier to read. i can of course go in and I see
sd gamecube path
apps
games
not64
snes9xgx
system volume information in sd game cube path

under Main Game cube Path
when i enter it starts with at the top open folder
usb1:/
then the following folders
apps
games
not64
snes9xgx
system volume information

I really appreciate all the help. Sorry for any difficulty
For the auto boot I turned it back ON.

In loader settings
under Loader's IOS 58
and Game's IOS 250 is
QUICK Boot
is already on " OFF."
Block IOS reload Auto
Return to Off

Setting file no change
Memory card emulation individual
memory card blocks size 251.

Didn't know if you needed any of those settings.

As for the "community path" or user path I can't find it in the loader settings
if I go into under the next page,
settings there is one called Custom Path's
I had tried messing with it earlier but its currently as follows
SD GAMECUBE PATH IS SD:/GAMES/

It's not in caps I just was wanting to make it easier to read. i can of course go in and I see
sd gamecube path
apps
games
not64
snes9xgx
system volume information in sd game cube path

under Main Game cube Path
when i enter it starts with at the top open folder
usb1:/
then the following folders
apps
games
not64
snes9xgx
system volume information
if I try nintendont sd it loads
if i do it under usb it says boot GC DISC IN DRIVE [disc01]
the disc drive could not be initialized

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
follows
This is already wrong.
The folder for gamecube games is called "games" and for Wii games " wbfs" and located in the main directory of the drive.
Therefore the main path for Wii games is "USB0 or USB1:WBFS/...". For Gamecube games its SD:/ or USB:/games/gamename[ID]/game.iso

Please, check my mentioned hole guide from the start to the end and verify in detail that everything is correct setup up. Including using latest Loader version. Normaly thats easy way to use GC games with Nintendont in USB Loader GX. Normaly are Wii games problematic.

And as already said, try to run the gc game from SDCard first, then you can change to USB if you like, because i dont know if there is a problem with the drive.

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is already wrong.
The folder for gamecube games is called "games" and for Wii games " wbfs" and located in the main directory of the drive.
Therefore the main path for Wii games is "USB0 or USB1:WBFS/...". For Gamecube games its SD:/ or USB:/games/gamename[ID]/game.iso

Please, check my mentioned hole guide from the start to the end and verify in detail that everything is correct setup up. Including using latest Loader version. Normaly thats easy way to use GC games with Nintendont in USB Loader GX. Normaly are Wii games problematic.

And as already said, try to run the gc game from SDCard first, then you can change to USB if you like, because i dont know if there is a problem with the drive.
I know I followed the guide and even reformatted the drive because I made sure nintendont was downloaded in its own folder then name of game then in that folder you add the iso but you have to make sure its game.iso I even looked up each game with gametdb to get the game tag which some say you do or do not need. If i dont put in the usb driver then it doesnt show the stuff on the sd card. So I'm assuming that you just have to have the usb drive in port0 and i just did the new sd drive. I'll give it a try again. :(

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe already suggested, but are you sure it's not game.iso.iso?
I did on the pc view hidden I on one saw an extra Iso and removed it. I mean I literally reformatted my old drive bought a new sd card 32 gb watched 5 different youtube tutorials already checked the iso game files since they are my friends and he is able to use them. So it's driving me nuts It's not complicated instructions I don't get how it is currently in the nintendont able to load twilight princess and Baldur's gate. I don't know why the source path shows that. Sighs. But I'll reformat fast fat32 on both reinstall the apps and the emulators i do nintendont last then i do the games.
1666816955116.png
1666816690529.png
1666816599462.png
1666816553528.png
1666816436341.png
1666816372118.png

I did on the pc view hidden I on one saw an extra Iso and removed it. I mean I literally reformatted my old drive bought a new sd card 32 gb watched 5 different youtube tutorials already checked the iso game files since they are my friends and he is able to use them. So it's driving me nuts It's not complicated instructions I don't get how it is currently in the nintendont able to load twilight princess and Baldur's gate. I don't know why the source path shows that. Sighs. But I'll reformat fast fat32 on both reinstall the apps and the emulators i do nintendont last then i do the games.
1666816690529.png
1666816599462.png
1666816553528.png
1666816436341.png
1666816372118.png
Without the usb drive or sd plugged in wii boots shows two bought n64 games that play. shows my home brew channel. What am I doing wrong?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If i dont put in the usb driver then it doesnt show the stuff on the sd card. So I'm assuming that you just have to have the usb drive in port0 and i just did the new sd drive.
Normaly if no USB drive is insert, USB Loader GX will automaticaly change to the SD Card. Is USB Loader GX and Nintendont located on SD Card where it should be? The SDCard is the main location where your homebrew stuff should be located.

Or something seems to be messed up, in last case remove all files of USB Loader gx in the app folder and start from scratch, if you havent already.

The two N64 games and homebrew channel are installed to Nand, so they dont need a drive.

Purepsycho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normaly if no USB drive is insert, USB Loader GX will automaticaly change to the SD Card. Is USB Loader GX and Nintendont located on SD Card where it should be?

Or something seems to be messed up, in last case remove all files of USB Loader gx in the app folder and start from scratch, if you havent already.

The two N64 games and homebrew channel are installed to Nand, so they dont need a drive.
Right that was what I thought if I remove it then it should go to sd. I initially had nintendont on the usb before removing it. but its in apps like the other two apps i have.
then a separate folder just for the gc games.iso

I just reformatted the sd card. Plan on installing nintendont, with its three files to run it, the games folder and usb loader gx have to go to work but ill try again tonight. Thanks for the help

that is all that is on the sd card period. it shows in nintendont but not in usb loader so here is hoping uninstalling usb loader on the usb drive and reinstalling may finally make it work. the sd is exactly how i did it last time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...