• Views 7,276,871
  • Replies 29,409
  • Likes 48

DeadOneWalking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that the newer version of nintendon't isn't compatible with usbloadergx forwarding. So, if you start a gamecube game from usbloadergx using the last version of nintendon't, it just launch to the nintendon't menu without the options selected previosly.
I haven't had any issues loading nintendon't from USB Loader GX. Sure there isn't come other issue going on there?

tsubasa_holic

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't had any issues loading nintendon't from USB Loader GX. Sure there isn't come other issue going on there?
I don't know, it seems that I'm the only one with this problem, but it works if I use an old version of nintendon't, and doesn't work if I use the newer version of it. I saw on github that nintendon´t change something with his configuration, so I assumed that there was the problem. I´m using it on wii u, I did't mention it before.

t0_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haven' t updated my main wii for years and noticed USB Loader GX has some great new features. The games I installed were all pretty small, so FAT32 was fine but want to install some other games and ran into the FAT32 4GB limit.
USB Loader GX should be able to handle NTFS as well, so that is awesome. I don't have to deal with splitting the files.
Noticed that most folks have two partitions, one for Gamecube and one for Wii games. Is there any objection just to use one partition for all Wii games <4GB and one smaller partition for games >4GB?

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Haven' t updated my main wii for years and noticed USB Loader GX has some great new features. The games I installed were all pretty small, so FAT32 was fine but want to install some other games and ran into the FAT32 4GB limit.
USB Loader GX should be able to handle NTFS as well, so that is awesome. I don't have to deal with splitting the files.
Noticed that most folks have two partitions, one for Gamecube and one for Wii games. Is there any objection just to use one partition for all Wii games <4GB and one smaller partition for games >4GB?
Hello,

you can use a single FAT32 partition and put the Wii and Gamecube games on this same partition (GX handles wii and Gamecube games) , and using "wii backup manager" to manage your games ==>WII backup manager

wii backup manager splits games in half when they are too big

what version of GX are you using?

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: ca032769

t0_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

you can use a single FAT32 partition and put the Wii and Gamecube games on this same partition (GX handles wii and Gamecube games) , and using "wii backup manager" to manage your games ==>WII backup manager

wii backup manager splits games in half when they are too big

what version of GX are you using?

Thanks for your reply.
I am using the 1271 version. I know there is a 1272 version, but I am using the automatic update function and this is then the latest version.

Because I am a Linux user I can't use Wii Backup Manager (a Windows only tool), but that is fine there are Linux tools as well and with that tool (wit) I am able to split files.

It is just a matter of convenience and what is (according to you long time experts here :) ) the best approach. For me it is easier to add a new partition to my HD and add the few large files there than reformat it completely to NTFS or split the files.
That said, I'd rather spend some more time now to avoid problems later.

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ULGX can read Wii games on either FAT32 or NTFS.
Nintendont cant read NTFS partitions so it's best to keep GC games on FAT32.
Homebrew varies, although some only work on FAT32.

So most people use a single FAT32 drive and use Wii Backup Manager or WIT to split any Wii games over 4gb.

Last edited by fandango,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your reply.
I am using the 1271 version. I know there is a 1272 version, but I am using the automatic update function and this is then the latest version.

Because I am a Linux user I can't use Wii Backup Manager (a Windows only tool), but that is fine there are Linux tools as well and with that tool (wit) I am able to split files.

It is just a matter of convenience and what is (according to you long time experts here :) ) the best approach. For me it is easier to add a new partition to my HD and add the few large files there than reformat it completely to NTFS or split the files.
That said, I'd rather spend some more time now to avoid problems later.
use "wii backup fusion" ==>https://sourceforge.net/projects/wiibafu/

====> https://sourceforge.net/p/wiibafu/home/Wii Backup Fusion/

t0_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ULGX can read either FAT32 or NTFS.
Nintendont cant read NTFS partitions so it's best to keep GC games on FAT32.
Homebrew varies, although some only work on FAT32.

So most people use a single FAT32 drive and use Wii Backup Manager or WIT to split any games over 4gb.

Okay. Will split the files if needed then. I noticed that two of the files that I wanted to split because of this issue weren't too large anyway. Apparently my setup (small netbook) caused an issue for larger files (Error splicing file) because copying the same files directly via my desktop wasn't a problem.

t0_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks for the link. Software hasn't been updated for a while and I think I had issues installing it.
Wimms ISO Tools work fine though. No problem to install, list, convert or split files. The only thing it doesn't do that would have been nice is listing of compressed (e.g. zip) files and directly convert nkit.gcz to wbfs files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link. Software hasn't been updated for a while and I think I had issues installing it.
Wimms ISO Tools work fine though. No problem to install, list, convert or split files. The only thing it doesn't do that would have been nice is listing of compressed (e.g. zip) files and directly convert nkit.gcz to wbfs files.
I don't get it. isn't that like saying .7z.zip?

t0_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't get it. isn't that like saying .7z.zip?

I don't get what you don't get :)

"wit list" provides a very helpful list of all iso/wbfs files in your directory unless they are compressed as .zip file or .7z file. So you need to extract the files first before the tool sees them and can provide the details.
Not a real big deal because compressing doesn't seem to save any space but would have been nice.

t0_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've decompressed nkit before, but I had never heard of gcz until I looked it up.
FYI Gamecube games in ISO format are direct copies of the original disk and so are 1.5gb in size. They have the best compatibility under Nintendont on ULGX.

The nkit.iso are scrubbed versions which are also supported by Nintendont and ULGX. They are typically half the size and sometimes start a bit quicker than the original ISO. In theory some nkit.iso games may not work in Nintendont, but in practice the only one I've found not to work is 'Paper Mario - The Thousand-Year Door [G8ME01]', so I used nkit to convert it back to ISO.

The nkit.gcz is a compressed nkit.iso, which therefore can be even smaller. Unfortunately they aren't supported by Nintendont, and typically are only about 20% smaller than a nkit.iso. They are usually just used by the Dolphin emulator on a PC.

Last edited by fandango,

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
@blackb0x Is it possible for you to update USB Loader GX to try to download banners for custom games? I believe WiiFlow does that, but USB Loader GX doesn't.

We host a few custom banners for some New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Smash Bros. games (for example, SMNE03 for Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii).

FYI, we haven't touched the custom banners in a while, so any of the newer customs don't have a custom banner. The banners are hosted on our RiiConnect24 servers and they seem to get quite a bit of traffic.

Mulanzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know, it seems that I'm the only one with this problem, but it works if I use an old version of nintendon't, and doesn't work if I use the newer version of it. I saw on github that nintendon´t change something with his configuration, so I assumed that there was the problem. I´m using it on wii u, I did't mention it before.
I have this problem too! Been pulling my hair out over it....

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible for you to update USB Loader GX to try to download banners for custom games? I believe WiiFlow does that, but USB Loader GX doesn't.

We host a few custom banners for some New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Smash Bros. games (for example, SMNE03 for Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii).
Aren't the custom games you mentioned only playable through Riivolution or Dolphin? This thread is for ULGX.

Last edited by fandango,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: See you tomorrow. +1