Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I have updated the cheat codes on codes.rc24.xyz importing the ones that are hosted on gamehacking.org. They ported most of the geckocodes.org codes to that site, and people can contribute codes to gamehacking.org so there's some new codes for sure.

It'd be nice if gamehacking.org would have an API to download the codes. You can download a text file, but you can't download by game ID... I knew an API was being worked on, I sent a message about it yesterday but I haven't got a response yet.

Last edited by Larsenv,

RodriGames40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have updated the cheat codes on codes.rc24.xyz importing the ones that are hosted on gamehacking.org. They ported most of the geckocodes.org codes to that site, and people can contribute codes to gamehacking.org so there's some new codes for sure.

It'd be nice if gamehacking.org would have an API to download the codes. You can download a text file, but you can't download by game ID... I knew an API was being worked on, I sent a message about it yesterday but I haven't got a response yet.
Hm, now that you mentioned it. I made lots of "No deflicker" codes for most Wii NTSC 1st party games, and I just tested them all in real hardware, I could easily import all of them.

Last edited by RodriGames40,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

It's slow going, but ModMii can crawl/download cheat codes from codes.rc24.xyz

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered an interface control discrepancy between the official Wii Menu and USB Loader GX configured to "channel view" - on the real Wii Menu, you can hold down plus or minus and it'll continuously go through pages (this occurs with the Homebrew Channel as well), but in USB Loader GX, holding down plus or minus only has it change to the next page and no others - you must actually release the plus or minus button and then press it again to go to the next page, and again to farther go to the next page, etc.

The same goes for if you use the dpad or shoulder buttons to change pages in USB Loader GX - you simply can't hold down the according button but have to individually press the button over and over instead.

...and I just similarly discovered that the shoulder buttons on a classic controller don't work for changing pages for channel view in USB Loader GX despite the shoulder buttons on the GameCube controller working to change channel pages. (similarly the shoulder buttons on the classic controller work for changing channel pages on the Wii Menu and in the Homebrew Channel)

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac,
Reactions: Alexander1970

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just discovered an interface control discrepancy between the official Wii Menu and USB Loader GX configured to "channel view" - on the real Wii Menu, you can hold down plus or minus and it'll continuously go through pages (this occurs with the Homebrew Channel as well), but in USB Loader GX, holding down plus or minus only has it change to the next page and no others - you must actually release the plus or minus button and then press it again to go to the next page, and again to farther go to the next page, etc.

The same goes for if you use the dpad or shoulder buttons to change pages in USB Loader GX - you simply can't hold down the according button but have to individually press the button over and over instead.
I don't know if there's a specific reason the loader does it like that. I'll look into it though.

...and I just similarly discovered that the shoulder buttons on a classic controller don't work for changing pages for channel view in USB Loader GX despite the shoulder buttons on the GameCube controller working to change channel pages. (similarly the shoulder buttons on the classic controller work for changing channel pages on the Wii Menu and in the Homebrew Channel)
Classic controllers never used to work correctly within the loader, but I fixed all known controller issues in my last update. So I might just need to map the buttons and then it'll work.

Last edited by blackb0x,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One of my testers contacted me earlier today and told me that two of the WiiHacks moderators are spreading misinformation about my builds. So, I'd like to put a stop to that.

I first shared a release here at GBAtemp that was based on the 1272 release because Cyan had gone MIA for over 6 months and the loader couldn't download cheat files during that time. Then eventually I had some more free time and decided to fix some of the other bugs, including the one that introduced boot issues and made WiiGSC incompatible.

Two years have now passed and I've continued to put out releases, which have been relatively bug free and loved by many. So, why are there now two reddit moderators saying some wildly inaccurate things about my builds? And it's painfully obvious that neither of them have actually tried my builds because everything that they've said was wrong, despite them claiming to have experience with it.

I'm sure the WiiHacks moderators do have experience with Cyan's version of 1272, and maybe that's what's discouraging them from my builds. But my version of the loader is entirely different as it doesn't have any of the issues that were introduced in Cyan's version. And at this point I can safely say that my version has increased USB HDD compatibility, partition type compatibility and even controller compatibility due to all of the changes that I've made within the last year.

Cyan labelled my build as the official version because I'm fixing bugs that have been in the loader for over 10 years while also adding some useful new features. And over the last 2 years I haven't put out a single release that introduced a major bug.

The next release will be 1280 and it'll be able to do something that some people have been requesting for years ^_^

Last edited by blackb0x, , Reason: feature tease

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Damn that teaser in the last sentence has piqued my interest!

Sorry to hear about wii hacks disinformation, pay it no mind, you have a solid following, and if they say anything different they don't know what they're talking about.

Honestly, if not for your build I would still be using cfg usb loader, but wiimmfi and deflicker stuff among other things convinced me to make the switch and never look back!

DorDur215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here I go. I just played through Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution on my wii u using the latest release of usb loader gx.

Now I want to move on to the sequel Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 but every time I try to start it it just black screens and I have to unplug my wii u.

I also tried playing Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 and while the game itself loads fine every time I try to start a match my console freezes with a black screen and I have to unplug it again.

I have played through a few games without issues such as Mario Kart Wii, Pikmin and Rhythm Heaven Fever so I think it's not an issue with my console or my HDD?

Can anyone possibly help me?

Also I'm trying to play the ntsc versions on a pal wii u incase that matters. The pal version works as expected but they look bad since they only support interlaced and 50hz.

EDIT: I finally found a fix! All I had to do was force the games language to english in the usb loader gx settings. That fixed the issue in Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 and 3!

Last edited by DorDur215,

jackdolphin1947

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One of my testers contacted me earlier today and told me that two of the WiiHacks moderators are spreading misinformation about my builds. So, I'd like to put a stop to that.
This is sad, but don’t pay attention to these things. We all are grateful to everything that you have done.
And at this point I can safely say that my version has increased USB HDD compatibility
True, now I can even run a 5 year old 2GB Pen Drive with no issues at all. I had put 2 games in .WBFS file format in this pen drive and it was perfect. ;)
The next release will be 1280 and it'll be able to do something that some people have been requesting for years ^_^
Yay!
Please please tell us that you've found the way to use the sdcard.
Hopefully, it will be possible soon.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is possible to play cube games from an sd card, but I don't know if that's due to the fact that nintendont can do that. I tested it on blackb0x's version (also works on Cyan's) of usb loader gx.

Reactions: XFlak

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is possible to play cube games from an sd card, but I don't know if that's due to the fact that nintendont can do that. I tested it on blackb0x's version (also works on Cyan's) of usb loader gx.

It's due to Nintendont as this is something that also exists on older GameCube loaders such as Devolution* and DIOS-MIOS/DML, all of which supported loading from SD cards not only in Cyan's USB Loader GX builds but even old builds from like 2012.

*I hesitate to call Devolution "older" when it still has functionality that does not exist in Nintendont, but I suppose the opposite is true the other way as well, but I digress...

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't worry guys, I'm not bothered by what they've said. I just had to say a few words to set things straight.

Everyone who's actually used by builds already knows that they're nothing like the original 1272 release, despite having the same SVN revision number.

Can anyone possibly help me?
Have you checked your cIOS settings and validated the backups? All of the Naruto games should work without any custom settings.

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding

@blackb0x :) you tease, do spill the beans on that last bit please
I will soon. I'm just taking a bit of a break right now.

DorDur215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you checked your cIOS settings and validated the backups? All of the Naruto games should work without any custom settings.

Thank you for your reply!

When I homebrewed my wii u I followed that exact guide very closely so I'm sure I did everything right.

I also tried a few different backups from various sources but they all have the same issue.

The games work fine in the dolphin emulator.

I also tried the wii vc inject method and that didn't work either.

EDIT: I finally found a fix! All I had to do was force the games language to english in the usb loader gx settings. That fixed the issue in Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 and 3!

Last edited by DorDur215,

hgv123

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys, I need some help since I have tried everything without any luck...

I have been trying all week to get my USB with Wii games initialize in USB Loader GX (which is the latest version available in SourceForge and I have also tried other versions I stepped by, I have checked that the root is the correct one on the pen a lot of times), as soon as USB Loader GX finishes, I get an error saying 'USB Device Not Initialized. Switching to Channel List Mode', I have a 32 GB Cruzer Glide Pen (which I read it is compatible with USB Loader GX) and it is formatted in FAT32, as for the cIOS installed on my Wii (4.3E version) these are the ones I have used (based on wii(.)guide/cios):

Select cIOS: v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52
Select cIOS base: 57
Select cIOS slot: 249
Select cIOS version: 65535

Select cIOS base: 56
Select cIOS slot: 250

Select cIOS base: 38
Select cIOS slot: 251

Could someone point me out what am I missing...? If necessary, I can provide more information.

Thanks!

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do you use the correct usb port ?

edit:
if yes, try with 249 as loader cios
also try the version from blackb0x which fixes some issues

Last edited by mive,

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all the flack on the subreddit. I haven't visited that community in years.

I will soon. I'm just taking a bit of a break right now.

I'm excited! For me the loader has been feature complete minus SD Wii support and HID (gamecube controller) loader and Wii game support. Whatever you are working on I am sure the entire community will love! Thank you for all your hard work over the past few years!

Reactions: blackb0x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I watched baby yoda eat frog eggs on mandalorian last night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna Welcome to the temp! what are your questions?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It is nice and loud and thunder and lightning stormy outside, love it
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Can't wait for the inevitable power outage where it's initially funny because I have half of my apartment on UPSes, then I realize I have literal minutes to start shutting down all of my servers.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Split after their friends death but still friends +1