XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So what does the auto deflicker setting do? Does it apply 'Off (safe)' just when needed?
Explained here:
Originally I was going to hide the option if you're not using 480p, but in the end I didn't bother since the default setting is auto (behave as normal) and I imagine that most of us are using component cables or HDMI adapters anyway.

Ericsonanzois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@blackb0x Im facing a problem. Could you help me? Now im using the usbloader with others non wii games to get the cheat features. With GCN works very well. I tested with Chibi Robo: Dowload code, enabled ocarina, GXflux... But with a VC installed like as channel in wii menu dont worked. The game/wad installed in question is Akumajou Densetsu (Castlevania 3)- japanese. Im run it via usbloader. Some problem with this method?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dowload code, enabled ocarina, GXflux...
Most of the time you don't need to adjust the hook type. You just got unlucky with Metroid Prime Trilogy requiring it.

The game/wad installed in question is Akumajou Densetsu (Castlevania 3)- japanese. Im run it via usbloader. Some problem with this method?
You can try changing the "Channel Launcher" setting to "Boot Content", but that might prevent video patches from working or the game might not even boot anymore.

Cheats don't work with some VC games no matter which game loader you use. And that applies to both NAND and emuNAND.

You could always use FCE Ultra GX since that allows you to play NES games with cheats.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Ericsonanzois

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Most of the time you don't need to adjust the hook type. You just got unlucky with Metroid Prime Trilogy requiring it.

You can try changing the "Channel Launcher" setting to "Boot Content", but that might prevent video patches from working or the game might not even boot anymore.

Cheats don't work with some VC games no matter which game loader you use. And that applies to both NAND and emuNAND.

You could always use FCE Ultra GX since that allows you to play NES games with cheats.
Im understanding, but a question: If the cheat dont work why there is a FEQJ.txt file disponible to cheat ?

Drago3110

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi :)

i hope, someone can help me :( I have a problem with Usb Loader GX.

First of all important informations:

- i homebrewed my WiiU successfully.
- i use the newest USB Loader GX 3 version (1272)
- I have a Toshiba external USB 3.0 HDD Drive with 2 Partitions; 1. Fat32; 32 KB Clustersize for my Gamecube games and 2. NTFS for my Wii games. With Y-Cable; no external power supply.
- Newest Nintendont release May 2021.

My Problem: USB Loader GX shows correctly all my games; Wii and Gamecube. And i can start them correctly. But Gamecube games i can just start one time. Example: I start Super Smash Brothers Melee. A few Minutes later i close Nintendont with L + R + Z + Start (i am using the Mayflash USB Adapter with original Gamecube Controller; works great) and i am back in the USB Loader GX. But when i want to start Super Smash Bros Melee again, then an error appears. Nintendont say "unable to open disc image" and then i am back in the USB Loader GX. But other Gamecube games then i can start. But just one time. I need to close USB Loader GX and pull out the HDD. Or i need to shutdown the WiiU completly. But sometimes the problem still exists after a complete Shutdown. And sometime suddenly i can start the game again.

And the strange thing is: When i open Nintendont directly via Homebrew Menu, there i can start the game as much as i want, no problems at all.
I tried to reset the USB Loader settings, but this was not helpfull... I don't know where the problem is?

Last edited by Drago3110,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i use the newest USB Loader GX 3 version (1272)
If you're using the SourceForge version then upgrade to my version and reset your settings. But if you're using my version then the issue might be caused by your HDD, so you can try changing the "Loaders IOS" setting from 249 to 58. And you'll need to restart the loader for the setting to take effect.

A few Minutes later i close Nintendont with L + R + Z + Start
It should be R + Z + B + D-Pad down to close Nintendont. The other button combination (L + R + Z) should do a game reset.

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: Drago3110

Drago3110

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you're using the SourceForge version then upgrade to my version and reset your settings. But if you're using my version then the issue might be caused by your HDD, so you can try changing the "Loaders IOS" setting from 249 to 58. And you'll need to restart the loader for the setting to take effect.

Oh sh.. i used the SourceForge version... I upgraded to your version and reset the settings. But the problem still exists. I tried to change the "Loader IOS" to 58, too. I restarted USB Loader but the problem still exist. I formatted the partiton on the external HDD again. In FAT32 but i tried now clustersize 64 kilobyte (I read that should work, too). But that was not the solution for my problem.

Now i will try my second external HDD (a newer one). I will give feedback later.

It should be R + Z + B + D-Pad down to close Nintendont. The other button combination (L + R + Z) should do a game reset.

I tried this combination, but nothing happened. When i want to get back to the USB Loader i need to press L + R + Z + Start on my Gamecube Controller :o I swear :D In the old version of USB Loader GX 3 and in your version, too...

By the way:
I recorded a video of the problem. I started USB Loader GX forwarder in WiiU menu. You see the correct version in left corner. Then i start SSMB and it works. Then i paused the video for a few seconds because the restart combination on the controller is not easy to use with one hand :D. Then i am back in the Loader. And then i start the game again...

At the end of the video i show my WiiMote. When i start a Gamecube game, the light of my WiiMote are out. But when the problem appears that the game doesn't start, then the light goes on. I don't know if this is normal or it could be an important hint. That's the reason why i held my WiiMote in the camera.

Last edited by Drago3110,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Drago3110 I can tell that your USB HDD is a little slow with the loader, since it displays that "Waiting for HDD" screen whenever a cIOS reload occurs. So maybe that's got something to do with it :unsure:

I'll send you a private message with some things you can try.

Reactions: Drago3110

Drago3110

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@blackb0x
Thank you for your time and your help :) :yay:

In the meantime i prepared and used another external HDD. And it seems, that this solved the problem. You are right, it seems that the HDD was the problem. Very strange. I used the HDD long time ago (circa 7-8 years) with USB Loader GX on my modded original Wii. And i don't remeber any problems. But now from my second external HDD the games starting faster. I will watch this problem and if it appears again i will answer again. ;)

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x in regards to updating usb loader gx from the app, has yours been integrated into the latest official update so that yours is the latest?
Cyan has labelled my version as the official version since he no longer has a working Wii and my versions so far ahead. And I guess it also helps that all of the codes on GitHub and it's even compiled by GitHub Actions, so it's easy to trust it :)

When I release my next update I'll probably increase the build number from 1272 to 1280, since I've already released 7 updates. And that should fix the built in updater while also clearing up some confusion when people say that they're using 1272.

May I ask, what does the Update MessageBoard option do?
When that setting is enabled it'll update your Wii's message board to say that you've played a game. Just like it would if you played from a disc.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
@blackb0x excellent stuff, i have also been wondering how to get themes for usb loader gx, i remember doing it ages ago , not sure if you download them from the loader or from the forums, and shoutout to @Cyan one of the coolest ppl on here and helpful, btw is that sabin from final fantasy on your avatar cyan ? :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks..
Well, it's not Sabin, It's actually ... Cyan :lol:
You had the right FF number.

the loader used to have a theme menu where you could browse all available themes located on spiffy website, and download them directly.
Then, the website locked itself behind account only to download themes, and ultimately closed.

Most (or all and more?) themes were reuploaded here on gbatemp's download section.
You have to get them manually and extract the folder and .theme file in the theme folder where you have usbgx boot.dol.

Then you'll have the theme menu in the loader for you to pick the one you want.
you just need to download them manually.

Though, remember that most of them are old, and might miss GUI elements position or color, etc.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: blackb0x

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I knew it ! but I always forget the name of that site so I can't provide it when asked.
rc24.xyz, I don't know why I never remember it.

Rc24 has pictures and preview, it's better to use that one.
and if dol size is not a problem anymore, it would be nice to re-add it inside the loader now that SSL/TLS is working too.

Last edited by Cyan,

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States

I didn't know about the sWiich theme, that's cool!

I knew it ! but I always forget the name of that site so I can't provide it when asked.
rc24.xyz, I don't know why I never remember it.

Rc24 has pictures and preview, it's better to use that one.
and if dol size is not a problem anymore, it would be nice to re-add it inside the loader now that SSL/TLS is working too.

lol, sorry that you can't remember our domain name. Write it down!

And yeah it would be nice to add theme downloading into USB Loader GX again.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and if dol size is not a problem anymore, it would be nice to re-add it inside the loader now that SSL/TLS is working too
I did consider adding a theme downloader again, but I don't if it's worth the effort if most of the themes are outdated and might not look good.

If I did add a theme downloader then I'd need to put most of the theme info into an XML file on GitHub. Mainly because I don't want to scrape the website for info and it requires JS anyway.

I didn't know about the sWiich theme, that's cool!
Yea, it's a really nice looking modern theme :)

Last edited by blackb0x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: gm chat