• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I have USB Loader GX (1262) installed on my USB drive and running for some weeks now.
I am using emunand on a neek2o nand, and it's working fine (also boot into neek2o i working)
Then I installed the USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad for having a channel - this also is working

But then I wanted to make priiloader boot into USBLoaderGX - and this just won't work!
I have tried installing a dozen of different .dol files in priiloader, but all just will give a black screen - besides one.
This one file (I don't know where I got it from anymore) will start USBLoaderGX, but with the wrong font and when I try starting a game it claims that there was no dx2v10 for emunand installed on my wii on slot 249 - but of course it is. This file is named "USB_Loader_GX_Forwarder.dol" and it is exactly 673920 Bytes in size.

Which would be the right file for starting GX from priiloader?
Thank you!

This is the 5.1 forwarder dol that supports AHBPROT you need to install into Priiloader.

Reactions: Falligrecht

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MK8haxer : you also need to install the 5.1 forwarder channel.
when you exit a game and you have a different setting, it means you installed the full channel. (the full channel uses different settings than the latest dol revision, generating conflicts and issues, sometime even crashes, when reloading the loader after a succesful launch)
follow this to replace the full channel with the forwarder channel.

hbc -> loader r1262 -> game -> exit to loader's channel -> loader r1180 with old and different settings, modifying your setup, deleting newer values, etc.

Last edited by Cyan,

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any way to make ocarina cheats work on virtual console games?
When I try to load a N64 VC channel with ocarina cheats it doesn't seem to do anything...

Garflesaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it on USB or SD? if on USB, do you have more than one USB connected at the same time? if you do, please detail your setup.

did you try editing the path ? or maybe you did?
are you using the default path? sd:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol
or did you edit that path to something else? maybe I could have a look at your GXGlobal.cfg, if you edit it manually it could be the issue.

Thanks for your response. My games are stored on USB, and everything else on sd. Only one usb is connected.
I'm pretty sure I'm using the default path. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I don't know what it could be.
How should I get the .cfg file to you? I can't seem to attach the file here.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you are using the default path, then it's SD:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol
it should work.

If the issue is really your settings, then you can just delete it from your SD card, the loader will generate a new one but you'll have to setup your own preferences again.

if you want to attach a file which is not compatible, compress it to zip or rar first.

Garflesaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the issue is really your settings, then you can just delete it from your SD card, the loader will generate a new one but you'll have to setup your own preferences again.
I deleted the .cfg file, and now USBLGX refuses to boot. It goes to the 'USBLGX is loading' screen, and then shunts me back to the wii menu.
EDIT: Ok, just cleared the entire usblgx folder in apps except for the 3 base files. Now I am able to start the program as well as run gc games. Whatever went wrong, it must have been something in my settings.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Garflesaur,
Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan
I am still having the same problem... Is their anything else you can think of? I installed the channel and everything.
We are starting to cover all possibilities.

boot from hbc, check the version in the credit, play a game
exit the game to relaunch the loader, check the version in the credit, it must be the exact same version. if not, something is wrong here.

even if it's the same version, it could be an issue anyway (for example, the same version being on SD and USB and Priiloader, so using different settings).
delete the auto-boot from priiloader.
launch the loader from HBC or forwarder manually and check version/compatibility again.

delete all the USBLoader_gx folder and start anew ?

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it! Priiloader was the problem, by uninstalling the file on priiloader. It does not have to load the CFG file into it. I think it should be warned on the main post that this program is not compatible with priiloader. So you need to auto boot to home-brew. Thanks a lot cyan!

racertj5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it! Priiloader was the problem, by uninstalling the file on priiloader. It does not have to load the CFG file into it. I think it should be warned on the main post that this program is not compatible with priiloader. So you need to auto boot to home-brew. Thanks a lot cyan!
I boot directly into the loader using the settings in PriiLoader and I have no issue. Did you have the boot.dol installed in Prii or the forwarder? I believe you are supposed to use the forwarder

Falligrecht

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got another question:
If I want to use USBLoader GX from within emuNAND (after booting neek2o), what would I need to set the NAND emulation settings of GX to?

I assume that running within neek2o anyway, the NAND emulation within GX should rather be disabled.. is this right?

PS:
Just in case you are about to asking why I wanted to use GX within neek2o:
I have many Wiiware Channels installed, and I am at the channel limit. So I installed snort48 - but I can't even start snort48 - because the channel isn't visible. So I tired using WiiFlow that came installed with my emuNAND built by ModMii, but this WiiFlow Installation can't start anything, even after reinstalling many times it 100% crashed always, when I tried running a game, or channel, or homebrew. The postloader install that came with ModMii emuNAND never finds any channels, neither in real nor in emuNAND)

Last edited by Falligrecht,

pewpz13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I have been combing these forums for a few days and haven't quite found my issue from before, though I'm figuring it must be in this thread somewhere (it is similar to the blackout issue). I've tried a couple of different things, but the main issue continues to be when I select a game in the loader and go to play it, my wiimote disconnects and I get pushed back to the Homebrew menu where my USB Loader app is. It does it for every game on my hard drive. I have tried it on multiple hard drives and the same thing happens so I'm confident it is not the drive. The original drive with the games was in WBFS, but I have also done it with a newer drive that is NTFS (after moving the ISOs over) and same thing happens.

Background: I modded in 2010 and never updated anything since then (I probably haven't played Wii since 2013). I did just update my loader to the newest version (at least it's close to the newest) thinking that could have been it but it was a no-go. Guessing it could be IOS based on other similar posts but I didn't want to start messing with that stuff just yet because I don't quite trust myself to try that just for the hell of it - I figured I'd consult with the experts first :)

Thanks!

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I have been combing these forums for a few days and haven't quite found my issue from before, though I'm figuring it must be in this thread somewhere (it is similar to the blackout issue). I've tried a couple of different things, but the main issue continues to be when I select a game in the loader and go to play it, my wiimote disconnects and I get pushed back to the Homebrew menu where my USB Loader app is. It does it for every game on my hard drive. I have tried it on multiple hard drives and the same thing happens so I'm confident it is not the drive. The original drive with the games was in WBFS, but I have also done it with a newer drive that is NTFS (after moving the ISOs over) and same thing happens.

Background: I modded in 2010 and never updated anything since then (I probably haven't played Wii since 2013). I did just update my loader to the newest version (at least it's close to the newest) thinking that could have been it but it was a no-go. Guessing it could be IOS based on other similar posts but I didn't want to start messing with that stuff just yet because I don't quite trust myself to try that just for the hell of it - I figured I'd consult with the experts first :)

Thanks!

Hi, first, if you can post a syscheck, it will help us to guide you for your cIOS.

Second, it best to format your drive in FAT32 Primary and put your game in WBFS folder on your hard drive with Backup Manager 0.4.5 Build78.

Third, be assured to use the last version of USB Loader GX which is USBLoader GX r.1262 on your SD Card and you use the official forwarder channel and not the full channel which is old.

So check all of this first and take the time to understand how it work and be back to us....

pewpz13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a plan! Thanks for your help.

1. SysCheck is below.

2. So that was one of the things I had been researching. I am guessing it's because I'm running Windows 10, but I do not have the ability to format in FAT32 (at least from Disk Management). I already saw a post where Cyan confirmed exFAT is not an acceptable format so I didn't know where to go from there since RAW and NTFS were my only other options.

3. That was one of the first things I updated prior to reaching out to you guys. I am Rev1262 IOS250 (Rev 65535). What do you mean by forwarder channel? I am opening it up from within the Homebrew Channel as I never added it to the Wii Menu.

I'm feeling better about it and a lot of this old stuff is coming back to me. There are a couple of different issues it could be from what I've read, so I'm just (slowly) taking it one at a time and eliminating them one by one. I had to update USB Loader last week because when I tried to boot it up it was telling me I didn't have IOS 222 or 249. Now I can get in, but when I select a game and click on "Start" on that pre-load screen is where I'm getting reset.

Thanks again for your assistance!

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline Double_A R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on IOS61 (rev 5662).
Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS61
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 129199759
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 99 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 16 of them are stubs.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 02/09/2017.

N1k0_VE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone know if there's a way to go from USB loader GX back to Wii U menu without the need to go to the vWii menu first? I have the hbl2hbl to go directly from Wii U menu to USB loader GX without the need of a Wii mote. So now I'm searching for a way to go back from USB loader GX to Wii U menu so I don't need to use a Wii mote. Cause the Wii U pro controller doesn't work in vWii only in USB Loader GX.

Gokar

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i have a problem with GX loader on my WiiU. At the start I used GX Loader + Nintendont to start my Gamecube Game with a beautiful GUI but I have tried to start a Wii Game.
It doesn't work. So i have install cIOS 249, 250, 251 with d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii and IOS236. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#13)

Now GX_Loader, don't find my HDD (1 To 3,5" in HDD Case with power supply), on port 0 and 1. Nothing. I have tried with an other HDD (500go 2,5" in HDD case with power supply).
In Loader GX, i have tried Launcher IOS 249/250/251. No one work but Nintendon't work well. I have tried with Wii Flow, he finds my games, but I have a black screen on start.

One more thing. I have tried an older GX loader before Nintendon't support. One time, and only one time, he finds my HDD and I was able to start Super Mario Galaxy 2 and play. After that he losts my HDD. :'(

I don't know were is the problem. I try a lot of combinaison but nothing work.
Thanks

EDIT : HDD : FAT32 and Cluster : 32kbs

Last edited by Gokar,

Kairu43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there's a way to go from USB loader GX back to Wii U menu without the need to go to the vWii menu first? I have the hbl2hbl to go directly from Wii U menu to USB loader GX without the need of a Wii mote. So now I'm searching for a way to go back from USB loader GX to Wii U menu so I don't need to use a Wii mote. Cause the Wii U pro controller doesn't work in vWii only in USB Loader GX.

Usbloader gx can display system channels, one of which is already dedicated to returning you to the WiiU menu. Make sure you aren't hiding system channels. I don't know that you'll have the benefits of sigpatches at that point though, so you may need to run haxchi or a webexploit again to make use of homebrew functionality. I can't remember if CBHC acts like haxchi or not, do your research before touching that. If you are using CBHC, restarting your console from Usbloader gx is probably faster if it doesn't return you to a sigpatched environment (which I don't think it does).

Reactions: N1k0_VE

N1k0_VE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Usbloader gx can display system channels, one of which is already dedicated to returning you to the WiiU menu. Make sure you aren't hiding system channels. I don't know that you'll have the benefits of sigpatches at that point though, so you may need to run haxchi or a webexploit again to make use of homebrew functionality. I can't remember if CBHC acts like haxchi or not, do your research before touching that. If you are using CBHC, restarting your console from Usbloader gx is probably faster if it doesn't return you to a sigpatched environment (which I don't think it does).
thx for the info! Indeed my channels weren't visible.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a problem with GX loader on my WiiU. At the start I used GX Loader + Nintendont to start my Gamecube Game with a beautiful GUI but I have tried to start a Wii Game.
It doesn't work. So i have install cIOS 249, 250, 251 with d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii and IOS236. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#13)

Now GX_Loader, don't find my HDD (1 To 3,5" in HDD Case with power supply), on port 0 and 1. Nothing. I have tried with an other HDD (500go 2,5" in HDD case with power supply).
In Loader GX, i have tried Launcher IOS 249/250/251. No one work but Nintendon't work well. I have tried with Wii Flow, he finds my games, but I have a black screen on start.

One more thing. I have tried an older GX loader before Nintendon't support. One time, and only one time, he finds my HDD and I was able to start Super Mario Galaxy 2 and play. After that he losts my HDD. :'(

I don't know were is the problem. I try a lot of combinaison but nothing work.
Thanks

EDIT : HDD : FAT32 and Cluster : 32kbs

Nintendont only requires an unpatched IOS 58. It sounds like you have a problem with your HDD or the partitioning. It needs to be MBR with the game partition as the first primary partition. Nintendont supports exFAT but nothing else does so don't use it.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    fun fact
  • light27 @ light27:
    the first time i ever played on a wii u EVER was when I was getting my ear tubes removed
  • light27 @ light27:
    i was playing wii party
  • light27 @ light27:
    u*
  • light27 @ light27:
    but i only got to play for like
  • light27 @ light27:
    3 seconds
  • light27 @ light27:
    younger me would've never thought that I would have a wii u now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1...