• Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, I definitely wouldn't want a USBloader to mess with my NAND

Install directly a WAD to realNAND with ULGX could be a great feature. If you don't like, so don't use it

I still want install a WAD in SD without need to install first on NAND and then move it to SD

More options for more people

Reactions: John_Ice

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install directly a WAD to realNAND with ULGX could be a great feature. If you don't like, so don't use it

I still want install a WAD in SD without need to install first on NAND and then move it to SD

That will not be re-implemented. You can use a WAD manager to do that. It's actually a lot faster to run NAND titles from USB/SD as they don't need to be copied back to the NAND first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So... any word about gamecube controller support on wiiu?

Not on the list, sorry.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

You do know installing wads is risky? A bad wad can brick you Wii
Making wad installing too easy is dangerous especially if you are not the only one to use the Wii
IIRC, Cyan had added the feature before but ppl start complaining ULGX bricks their Wii (be it related to Wad installing\ULGX or not - you added the feature, its all finger pointing).

In fact, I have move all apps that writes to nand out of the \app folder to prevent other ppl mis-use them. I would rather start them manually with WiiXplorer. It is not like I would use them every other week (I think I haven't need to use a wad manager for over a year).
I also set all Wii games to use Emunand saves unless the game is not compatible with it.

To run wads in SD (I think you mean Wiiware/VC), you can use Emunand and ULGX can install them to Emunand.

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble using brawl, I had to format my usb to FAT32 to get Mario Party to work. And now my brawl iso is 7 parts. How do I launch it? (It is iso, not wbfs)

Thanks a lot!!!

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You do know installing wads is risky? A bad wad can brick you Wii
Making wad installing too easy is dangerous especially if you are not the only one to use the Wii

Just put a warning text or block it using "parental control".
Its like "I don't want pools because I don't swim"

I never could use EmuNAND with ULGX because all games back me to the HBC. (yes, I have all cIOS & updated) and nobody could solve it
The .WADs are not bad because I can play it on real NAND, so I install first on the real NAND with WAD manager and then move it to SD with System Menu options.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just put a warning text or block it using "parental control".
Its like "I don't want pools because I don't swim"

Do you know how many noobs bricked their console despite of all the hacking warnings?

that same quote can be this way "One don't build a pool just because one member wants to swim"

and Cyan has decided long ago that he will not implement wad installing to real nand. May be some one else can make a mod (looks at you) but it will not be merged into the official releases.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WAD installer that was in ULGX was for updating the channel but since that was discontinued the code was removed. You can still get it by browsing back through the revisions in the repository if you want to mess with it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you even made me a patch to restore it if I wanted!
but I never included it. I thought about good/bad/usefulness/risk, and decided to keep it away.
the loader is a loader.
if you want to install wads, use a wad installer.
same as "if you want to manage your savegame... use savegame manager"

edit:
as a proof of the risk I'm talking, maybe you also noticed few users coming here to ask why their EmuNAND doesn't work anymore after batch installing 2000 wads?
they install wads without checking if they are good or bad, I understand it and it's tidy to check them one by one and emuNAND is there for that reason. but now imagine the same user trying to batch install 20 games (or even a single one !) with one which is bad in the lot, they will end up asking why their console is not working anymore and return the fault on the loader, not themselves. "usbgx bricked my wii !"

we already had this episode once (before release of 2.0) and all developers jumped out of the boat quickly and stopped being interested in this project because of bratz whining and crying rejecting their fault on devs. I motivated Dimok to keep working on it by providing a looooot of debug and active (real time) beta tests.

Last edited by Cyan,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you even made me a patch to restore it if I wanted!
but I never included it. I thought about good/bad/usefulness/risk, and decided to keep it away.
the loader is a loader.
if you want to install wads, use a wad installer.
same as "if you want to manage your savegame... use savegame manager"

edit:
as a proof of the risk I'm talking, maybe you also noticed few users coming here to ask why their EmuNAND doesn't work anymore after batch installing 2000 wads?
they install wads without checking if they are good or bad, I understand it and it's tidy to check them one by one and emuNAND is there for that reason. but now imagine the same user trying to batch install 20 games (or even a single one !) with one which is bad in the lot, they will end up asking why their console is not working anymore and return the fault on the loader, not themselves. "usbgx bricked my wii !"

we already had this episode once (before release of 2.0) and all developers jumped out of the boat quickly and stopped being interested in this project because of bratz whining and crying rejecting their fault on devs. I motivated Dimok to keep working on it by providing a looooot of debug and active (real time) beta tests.

I can't re-like this with the edit without un-liking it. :P With how accessible the Wii's internals are now there's really no reason to write to NAND anymore. Sometimes people are just so eager to get something done they don't read the instructions or listen to advice and end up doing something that's unrecoverable. :/

SpacemanSpiff407

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I was hoping to get fledge68's attention here, as I have a couple questions regarding his emulator plugin.

COVERS SETUP:
Open the plugin ini file in a text editor. find the line coverfolder=. this is the folder where the cover images must go. you must add this folder (for every plugin) to

root:/usbloader_gx/config/images/2D/ for 2D covers or root:/usbloader_gx/config/images/ for 3D covers.WRONG!
correction - apps/usbloader_gx/images/2D or root:/config/images/2D for 2D covers or
apps/usbloader_gx/images/ or root:/config/images/ for 3D covers

After putting your covers in those folders you will need to rename them to match the rom title including the extension and including .png.

I got it installed OK, but am having some trouble getting it to load the covers. I am currently only using the Snex9xgx plugin. I was able to change the plugin ini file (snes9x-gx.ini located in wiiflow plugins folder) for both romdir= and coverfolder=. The SNES roms load OK, but none of the covers show up. I know they are named correctly because they worked fine in wiiflow. I've tried putting them in a couple different folders, including the ones used as an example in the post. Wondering if they need to be a certain size / dimension. I know the current ones I have are not sized right for USBLgx.

I saw fledge68 wrote that he modified the covers posted by Mastershoes in Photoshop to make them all pretty like. I'd like to do the same. Hoping someone can let me know what the ideal dimensions would be for 2D and 3D SNES covers (and maybe other common emulator covers) for the PNG images so I can modify them.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan

When I have my USB in port 0 and am loading resources to cIOS, it freezes.

Do you think you can help me? );

Like It works AMAZINGLY with just my SD, Thank You!!!

P.s.

This only started when I refformated my USB to MS-DOS FAT, and homebrew only loads my sd when my usb is not plugged in. Nintendont loads games frombit fine though... Thank You!!!

BStormWars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got it installed OK, but am having some trouble getting it to load the covers. I am currently only using the Snex9xgx plugin. I was able to change the plugin ini file (snes9x-gx.ini located in wiiflow plugins folder) for both romdir= and coverfolder=. The SNES roms load OK, but none of the covers show up. I know they are named correctly because they worked fine in wiiflow. I've tried putting them in a couple different folders, including the ones used as an example in the post. Wondering if they need to be a certain size / dimension. I know the current ones I have are not sized right for USBLgx.

I saw fledge68 wrote that he modified the covers posted by Mastershoes in Photoshop to make them all pretty like. I'd like to do the same. Hoping someone can let me know what the ideal dimensions would be for 2D and 3D SNES covers (and maybe other common emulator covers) for the PNG images so I can modify them.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

I think maybe you're having the same problem of mine...
I just use the 2D images with 316x224 dimension and works like a charm (the very ones from Mastershoes "Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support" thread). About the 3D covers - since I don't use - I really can't tell you nothing about it, sorry.
In my case the covers just show up correctly when I put the "coverfolder=" on the same line of the "magic=", for example: magic=46434555coverfolder=Apps/usbloader_gx/Images/2D
I said that in my previous post and you can try this out if you're - actually - running out of options.

Last edited by BStormWars,

SpacemanSpiff407

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think maybe you're having the same problem of mine...
I just use the 2D images with 316x224 dimension and works like a charm (the very ones from Mastershoes "Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support" thread). About the 3D covers - since I don't use - I really can't tell you nothing about it, sorry.
In my case the covers just show up correctly when I put the "coverfolder=" on the same line of the "magic=", for example: magic=46434555coverfolder=Apps/usbloader_gx/Images/2D
I said that in my previous post and you can try this out if you're - actually - running out of options.

Yeah, that worked. Moved coverfolder= up to the same line as magic=, saved it and it worked. Working on making SNES covers now. Thank you for the info, I must have missed that in your last post :unsure:

Thanks!

Reactions: BStormWars

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan
When I have my USB in port 0 and am loading resources to cIOS, it freezes.
Do you think you can help me? );
Like It works AMAZINGLY with just my SD, Thank You!!!
P.s.
This only started when I refformated my USB to MS-DOS FAT, and homebrew only loads my sd when my usb is not plugged in. Nintendont loads games frombit fine though... Thank You!!!

which cIOS do you have?
if it's v10 r53, try with v10 r52 (so only port0 will be used, it will prevent conflicts).
did you try try to delete/reset the settings?
you talked about resources, does it freeze at "loading resources" part in the loading sequence?
do you have resources on USB but the loader on SD, or both on USB?
how do you launch the loader, from HBC or forwarder? I got report that the forwarder had issues loading the loader from USB. (if finds the dol, but loads the configs from somewhere else, which is strange)

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan

I just used modmii on my wii, and I reinstalled the loader. So it worked fine, until I launched Project M (Well... Brawl with Ocarina codes on) then I turned the wii off and on, and I have the same problem!

I launch it from priiloader, the files are on the SD. (Before I reformatted my UsB I had this "config" folder though) And I have the same problem when I launch the loader from home-brew.

It freezes when it says "Reloading config to CIos"

ALS0 : Forgot about this... When I have usb in port 1, none of the channels show up on the loader, and when I say "Show wii Channels" it says "USB not mounted" And when I am loading it, it says "Mounting USB to port 1" hope this info helps.

Can you link me to v10 r52, and how should I install it? With D2x?

Thanks my 2ds!!! (Don't hold me to that please)

Last edited by MK8Haxer,

Garflesaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I posted this problem in the Nintendont thread the other day, but haven't got any responses so I figured I'd try here.
When trying to load a GC game in usb loader gx via Nintendont, I get an error message:
"To run Gamecube games with nintendont you need the boot.dol file in your nintendont loader path."
Problem is, I DO have the the boot.dol file in the loader path. Have double-checked the custom path settings multiple times. Loading the game from Nintendont's own ui still works though.
Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mk8 : it's normal it can't see your usb if you connect to port1. it's not compatible by default. do not use it, port0 is better for the loader.

you said you are using priiloader to launch the loader, it could be the issue.
You should not launch the loader's boot.dol from the priiloader "launch menu". instead, you have to launch the loader's forwarder.
you can find it in the "3.0 all in one pack", it's in the wad folder, forwarder dol.
go to priiloader and choose the install menu to use that forwarder.dol file.

if you have a /config/ folder, it's used by default, so your settings might be different based on how you launch the loader.
the loader is using config from SD by default, then it looks in the loader's path on SD, then do the same on USB for each partition.
if you launch the loader from USB or from priiloader, it will still load the config from the SD!

I suggest you delete the config folder (from both SD and USB), and let the loader generate the GXGlobal.cfg in the loader's folder.
you better use the loader (and all homebrew) on SD card instead of USB.
keep the USB only for ISO and ROMs, not for homebrew or resources (font, pictures, sound)

d2x installer full pack for Wii.

"To run Gamecube games with nintendont you need the boot.dol file in your nintendont loader path."
Problem is, I DO have the the boot.dol file in the loader path. Have double-checked the custom path settings multiple times. Loading the game from Nintendont's own ui still works though.
this is strange.
is it on USB or SD? if on USB, do you have more than one USB connected at the same time? if you do, please detail your setup.

did you try editing the path ? or maybe you did?
are you using the default path? sd:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol
or did you edit that path to something else? maybe I could have a look at your GXGlobal.cfg, if you edit it manually it could be the issue.

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan

Yet again... Project M worked once, and then I relaunch, and freezes.

I installed cIOS v10 over slot 249.

But I didn't launch the forwarder, I couldn't find it on my SD. Could you tell me how to install it with priiloader?

Thanks! A lot for helping!

(UPDATE) : Replicated USB loader folder on SD same thing happened. Only this time when I clicked show wii games, it froze.

Last edited by MK8Haxer,

Falligrecht

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello!

I have USB Loader GX (1262) installed on my USB drive and running for some weeks now.
I am using emunand on a neek2o nand, and it's working fine (also boot into neek2o i working)
Then I installed the USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad for having a channel - this also is working

But then I wanted to make priiloader boot into USBLoaderGX - and this just won't work!
I have tried installing a dozen of different .dol files in priiloader, but all just will give a black screen - besides one.
This one file (I don't know where I got it from anymore) will start USBLoaderGX, but with the wrong font and when I try starting a game it claims that there was no dx2v10 for emunand installed on my wii on slot 249 - but of course it is. This file is named "USB_Loader_GX_Forwarder.dol" and it is exactly 673920 Bytes in size.

Which would be the right file for starting GX from priiloader?
Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans