• Likes 48

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there,

I have a question regarding emuNAND. I would like to use both DiosMios and Quadforce with USB Loader GX. As far as I know this is only possible with emulating a second NAND, because DiosMios and Quadforce replace the MIOS and therefore it is only possible to have one those installed the same time. I also heard that the emuNAND is handled by a program names SNEEK or UNEEK, (one for SD, one for USB). The problem is, I haven't found a proper tutorial for setting up SNEEK/UNEEK. Unfortunately, the wiki page for this isn't written yet, at least I cant open the Link "NAND Emulation": (http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/wiki/Installation). I also didn't find a tutorial on wikitemp.

Would somebody be so nice and point me the right direction?

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
You misunderstood what I want to do.

Currently:
* Video: Game region / Console region / Region patch / Force PAL50 / Force PAL60 / Force PAL480p / Force NTSC480i / Force NTSC480p
* DML Video : Auto / None / Use one of the above

I want to change it to:
* DML Video: Auto / None / Game region / Console region / Force PAL50 / Force PAL60 / Force PAL480p / Force NTSC480i / Force NTSC480p

The "Video" option is not used at all by other gamecube method (devolution doesn't use it, Official Disc launching doesn't use it either), so there's no need of two different "lines" in the game options, only DM(L) use it so I'll merge all of them in a single setting for DML. "Region patch" is not even used by DML, so there will be less options to select.
Thank you for the explanation, everything's clear now.

This is kinda offtopic and I'm asking this just as a curiosity: I know it is possible to use the WiiU Pro Controller on Wii to play GC games through Devolution. Would it be possible to code a similar feature in Wii USB loaders to use the WiiU Pro Controller with Wii games?

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you press A on the coverart, it ask for download covers. Wouldnt it be better if it shows the game info instead of asking for downloading covers? (like when you press button 2)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can change that, but I'm sure a lot of users used it to open the cover download until now.
Some users also asked to changed it to launch the game (but launching is done in the game list so I don't want to add it). Gameinfo is not out of the question though.

EmuNAND tutorial (and many other things in the tutorial) is not written yet :(

I don't think USBGX is compatible with Quadforce on emuNAND. I think there's a tutorial to do this, but it probably require Wiiflow to launch the game directly from USBLoaders.
You can launch sneek manually if you want.

To use Sneek :
- set your emuNAND path to root (SD or USB), and dump it with USBLoaderGX dump feature (or extract it from a bootmii dump using ShowMiiWad or using FSToolbox).
- Go to Sneek googlepage and download the sneek installer.
- Run it, and select the SD (or USB), choose install and it will add the required files and folders.

- in /sneek/ folder, put all the quadforce and DM/L version you want to use (put the "neek" version there, not the realNAND version)

- Launch Sneek (with bootmii@boot2 or using any other launching methods like NSwitch)

When you launch a game, it will select either Quad/DM/DML automatically based on the location of the game.

edit:
Wii and gamecube Games need to be extracted (FST format), into the /games/ folder

Edit 2:
Now that Nintendont USB has been released, I'll add support to it in r1219.
I think I'll keep the "loader.dol" and "loaderusb.dol" filenames, just put them in the apps/nintendont/ folder and the loader will load the correct one according to the game's location.

Mod05 (only for nintendont r39)
(almost ready for 1219, but I feel like sharing it for USB support :P)

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a question, i dont really know if its a loader issue or a cIOS one. Some Wiiware games (full emunand) take a really long time to load when it write or read the save files (when you access it for the first time) Not all wiiware have this issue. Is it a common issue or its just me? (exemple Virus Survival, Light Trax (not even sure because i give up last time i try to load the game), Defend your castles when you save the first time after loading the game, ect)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know, I don't play lot of games and didn't encounter this issue.
Only slow load time I got is on game launch, when reloading to cIOS rev17. (I should be fixed in 1219, I'm still waiting for a betatester to report).

You said it's not affecting all games.
Did you try different cIOS base or version?
Did you try emuNAND on SD/USB?

Reactions: jahad and bm123456

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its emuNand on USB (i use no sd card)
I'm on vWii and i have d2x-v10-beta52-vWi. like in the tutorial here
btw I just played Viral Survival again and I didnt get any long loading(or long black screen and suddenly the game appear) issue. It looks random.
And no I didnt try different cios, i usually use 249.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've downloaded nintendont r39 to use in USB Loader GX but when Im loading a game, it says "No games found", what should I do?

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While trying to troubleshoot Neogamma, I realized that USB Loader GX has a disc loader option that supports GC backups.

When I try to use it, the initial page recognizes what game is inserted and lets me click on load. But once it starts spinning up the disc, I just a black screen and the console restarts. Any idea what specific file I might be missing or what setting I might have messed up? When I try to update GX through the software itself, it says I'm running the latest version.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While trying to troubleshoot Neogamma, I realized that USB Loader GX has a disc loader option that supports GC backups.

When I try to use it, the initial page recognizes what game is inserted and lets me click on load. But once it starts spinning up the disc, I just a black screen and the console restarts. Any idea what specific file I might be missing or what setting I might have messed up? When I try to update GX through the software itself, it says I'm running the latest version.

I think ppl may need a little more to go off of. Which console are you running? Wii or Wii U? If it's Wii do you have Dios Mios installed? If it's a Wii U, are you trying to use Nintendont or Devolution? Which version of USB Loader GX are you running? And from what you've said I'm assuming that you burned a GC game to a disc correct?

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ppl may need a little more to go off of. Which console are you running? Wii or Wii U? If it's Wii do you have Dios Mios installed? If it's a Wii U, are you trying to use Nintendont or Devolution? Which version of USB Loader GX are you running? And from what you've said I'm assuming that you burned a GC game to a disc correct?

Can do! The stats: Wii with system menu 3.2. I've tried this both with and without Dios Mios installed. With DM: Usb Loader GX switches over to the DM screen, and I get an error across the logo that doesn't even fit on the page. Without, it seems like it's ready to launch, but then gives me the green screen/restart error. I'm using v3.0 of USB Loader GX (the one listed as being the newest on their website), and attempting to play off a disc (as attempting the USB route has always given me nothing but "apploader size zero" errors and no one has even attempted to help me figure out why.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
attempting the USB route has always given me nothing but "apploader size zero" errors and no one has even attempted to help me figure out why.

Read this. Also, try using DMToolbox to install games, and choose RAW format. GCReEx and DiscEx seem to cause some issues with some drives and DM(L).

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read this. Also, try using DMToolbox to install games, and choose RAW format. GCReEx and DiscEx seem to cause some issues with some drives and DM(L).

Unfortunately, I've already been down that road. I've made an ISO using DMT and choosing RAW format, and none of the five reasons are actually a problem as far as I can tell.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The official v3.0 of USB Loader GX only supports DML (starting GC games from SD)

You need a newer beta, i think the latest beta was posted a few pages back somewhere.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitweasel, Etheboss is correct. If you want to download USB Loader GX from the google code page then you'd have to go to the source tab and click on changes to get the latest version posted there. But as Etheboss has already pointed out, Cyan has a newer version than what's on that page and it's located toward the bottom of page 885 of this thread labeled as 1218 mod06. Download that and install the latest version of Dios Mios which is v2.10 if you haven't done so already. If you're not sure what version of Dios Mios you have then you can find out in USB Loader GX by going to settings and then credits and looking in the upper left corner. This should get you started with that game backup. If you'd like to play your backup from USB then there's an additional process which I won't go into right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1