• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
v8 base56 should be fine. Which controller type are you using?*
is the Wiimote desynch/shutdown when it happens? Did you try another wiimote (a normal one, not wiimote+)?
Are you using cheat codes? or forcing a setting (video mode, etc.)?
Check if your ISO is clean, bu using WiiBackupManager Sha1 feature.

* I had problem with Classic controller disconnecting after some time on a friend's Wii. It could be related. Disconect/reconnect the CCPro to the Wiimote when it happens if the Wiimote is still synch. It happened in retail and homebrew, so it's not the cIOS. But the CC not pro worked fine.
The CCPro works fine on my Wii without being disconnected.

Nope. The wiimote appears to still be connected. I dont have another wiimote :( However, this wiimote is form the year 2007.

Nope, not using cheat codes, howver now that you mention the video setting, I have something like that set up. My retail disc of NSMBW fills up the whole TV screen (my TV its not widescreen), however when playing the ISO, black lines appears at the bottom/top, meaning NSMBW is still being treated like it is on a widescreen TV...

I will try to see if my ISO is clean with WBM then. The other problem might actually be the HDD itself :(

juggalomars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never really thought about saying something if it's working fine. For me r1207 is working flawlessly with d2x r49 cIOS. As per my usual I have the ability to play few gamecube games without issue but I believe that's a problem with my external hdd not the loader, I'll find out for sure when I can get a decent SD card though. I have noticed that every great once in awhile the loader fails to sort things if I switch emunand games on/off to often but it's very random and I haven't been able to reproduce it on purpose. Something I would suggest possibly looking into would be showing the notes on ocarina codes when you download them and the ability to edit the variable codes all within the loader. Thanks for the hard work Cyan.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are some random bugs with the game list, but like you I can't reproduce it. For example, games on WBFS partition aren't renamed correctly once in a while (the wiitdb.xml renaming doesn't work).
I wish I could fix all these random/weird bugs.

The Ocarina menu require a full rebuild, but I won't work on it for the moment.
Probably after the 3.1 release, once I can work/release beta without everyone using it because they want DIOS MIOS ;)

Anous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I softmodded my Wii awhile back ago, can't really remember what I used, but I think I followed a guide from a nice guy on this forum. I also purchased a memory stick that was on the comparability list and everything worked fine in the beginning. Now tho, USB Loader GX won't cooperate and is very bitchy to me. I have reformatted the the USB Drive with WBFS, and loaded the games over, yet it won't recognize it. Any ideas?

To clarify, it has worked perfect before. Please help me, I want to play Wii but all that works is the VC games :/

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Would it be possible add an option to force surround sound before load a game? I talk for vWii on Wii U (mostly), since vWii is stuck in stereo mode, and Wii games designed for Dolby Pro Logic II only get stereo sound.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I softmodded my Wii awhile back ago, can't really remember what I used, but I think I followed a guide from a nice guy on this forum. I also purchased a memory stick that was on the comparability list and everything worked fine in the beginning. Now tho, USB Loader GX won't cooperate and is very bitchy to me. I have reformatted the the USB Drive with WBFS, and loaded the games over, yet it won't recognize it. Any ideas?

To clarify, it has worked perfect before. Please help me, I want to play Wii but all that works is the VC games :/

Is the USB stick not showing up or is it just the games not showing up? If your stick isn't recognized, what was it formatted to at first? On the other hand, if the games aren't showing up you might need to set the custom path in the settings. Oh i'd also like to mention WBFS isn't really needed as a format anymore, it's obsolete.

Anous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the USB stick not showing up or is it just the games not showing up? If your stick isn't recognized, what was it formatted to at first? On the other hand, if the games aren't showing up you might need to set the custom path in the settings. Oh i'd also like to mention WBFS isn't really needed as a format anymore, it's obsolete.

It is?! Thats nice!

It is formatted. I can see that it finds it because if I plug it in during the countdown, the countdown goes to the USB loader gx menu, but there's an error saying that "USB Device not found" or something like that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"it used to work" and "now it's not working"...Magically?

What did you do between both?
updated the loader? updated cIOS? change something? how can we help you without information on what you did to make it not working?
CrystalBall1.gif

Anous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I changed the IOS with Mod Manager, but I have set it to 249 and its not working. And everytime I restart Mod Manager it says 58 anyways.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mod manager?
Are you talking about multi-mod Manager? (MMM)

it's a tool to install wad files.
what this tool says has nothing to do with how USBLoaderGX is working.

Why did you change the cIOS? You needed something in particular?
So it's not the loader's fault or your USB device fault if you changed something in your Wii and it broke since that time.
You need to revert the changes.

Look into the credit page of the USBLoaderGX (settings > credit)
It should tell you which cIOS you are using.
If you have this: IOS249 version 21008, d2x base56
then your setting is fine. if not:
You can use modmii to download IOS249, it need to be "d2x v8 base56, version 21008"
it will download and create a wad file.
use multiMOD manager to install this file.

wiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
r1180 is the Loader revision
21000 (are you sure?) is the currently loaded cIOS version (usually it's 21 + version of d2x, 21008 for example)

You could imagine that we are not releasing a new version on each little changes, and that "official" releases need to be bug-less and working correctly for newbies.
Before achieving this "stable" state, there are a lot of revisions which need testings and debugging done by beta testers.

The latest Stable revision is r1180 and was released as USBLoaderGX version 3.0
Since the 3.0 release, I'm adding things and providing beta version to beta testers to test things before end users can enjoy the loader without problem.
The latest beta revision is r1207

1207 is the "current work in progress", not an official release.

The main problem with beta version is that users who request and download it are NOT helping me back. they think they deserve it and it's a good version and that it's the one they HAVE to use.
But they forget that they should report back as beta testers! Even if it's working fine I would like to know it, but I hardly get reports of the beta tests, so I'm doing the testings myself but I can't test everything and can't guarantee that it's bugfree.
(After posting 1207fix I didn't get any answer telling me if the fix worked fine... nor reporting the tests I requested after having the fixed version... I'll do it myself)

Beta versions are available in the beta testing issue on google code website.

Hey Cyan id love to help give back to the community and beta testing is ideal as i have no programing skills LOL
Just let me know what revisions etc and ill try and help you the best i can
If it was not for people like yourself and many others we would not have the joy of these great programmes
So come on peeps if you can spare a bit of time help out

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for all users who are willing to help.
I don't work on it everyday (lazyness, procrastinating, tired of the day, etc.) , so just check the googlecode issue thread to see if I post something new to test.

Anous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mod manager?
Are you talking about multi-mod Manager? (MMM)

it's a tool to install wad files.
what this tool says has nothing to do with how USBLoaderGX is working.

Why did you change the cIOS? You needed something in particular?
So it's not the loader's fault or your USB device fault if you changed something in your Wii and it broke since that time.
You need to revert the changes.

Look into the credit page of the USBLoaderGX (settings > credit)
It should tell you which cIOS you are using.
If you have this: IOS249 version 21008, d2x base56
then your setting is fine. if not:
You can use modmii to download IOS249, it need to be "d2x v8 base56, version 21008"
it will download and create a wad file.
use multiMOD manager to install this file.

You might be my hero! I'll soon be home, and will have a look!

I also managed to borrow a USB from a buddy, so I can try that too. Perhaps its the usb thats fucked.

Update:

I tried my buddys drive, and it worked instantly. I am now playing Animal Crossing Wii :3.

So, since my usb drive isn't working with the wii, he was kind enough to trade mine with his, since mine still works with computers. This does, however, mean that I am exchanging a 16 gb usb for a 8 gb. Not the best change, but hey. The whole reason I got it was to play Wii, so well. meh.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey cyan, thanks for all the work you do on gx. I have a question, In the credits area it says "Dios Mios 2.3". I've installed DM 2.6 so I don't know why it would say 2.3? I'm using r1203. I also want to start using gx for wiiware and notice I have d2x v6 base 38 so after reading seems I need v8 base 56.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the DIOS MIOS (Lite) version is hardcoded. It's not the best thing to do as it require an update of the loader each time there's an update of DM, but the version number of DM is not always correctly updated in the file specifically designed to hld the version number. (when you install the Wad, there are two files inside: the program itself and a text file with the MIOS version. That file is sometime not updated).

At the time of r1203, only DM2.3 existed, so you should have "2.3+" meaning it's either 2.3 or newer.
If you update to r1205, you'll have DM detected up to 2.6.1 and DML 2.6

About WiiWare, There are two way to launch them:
Real NAND : Listing the channels you have on your Wii, but not a lot of spaces available. (no access to SD)
Emu NAND : I don't know if the IOS base is important for the NAND emulation, I always used base56 myself. 38 is usually a pretty good base for games/channels.

The internal Wad manager to install channels to emuNAND has a problem past 3.0, I still haven't look into it. (we removed the ability to install to realNAND, could be linked to the problem)
Please use wiiBackupManager ShowMiiWads to add channels to emuNAND (or try with your base38, but it shouldn't matter as it's only extracting files to FAT32, not using any ES_ functions).

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Would it be possible add an option to force surround sound before load a game? I talk for vWii on Wii U (mostly), since vWii is stuck in stereo mode, and Wii games designed for Dolby Pro Logic II only get stereo sound.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's technically possible to force it (on Wii only?), but I don't have the knowledge to do it as it should require reverse engineering in ASM to patch it at launch without writing it in the setting file, like it's done for the Force Aspect Ratio.

Is Force Aspect Ratio patch working on vWii to force 4:3? it's using the same patches on Wii and vWii even if there's no more setting menu?
If the Force Aspect Ratio is not working, it's unlikely that surround would work as they are not part of a vWii settings anymore.

Sir Toast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to get Virtual Console and WiiWare games to run in 480p via USB Loader? I tried changing the video mode to Force 480p, but they still run in 480i… I'm using the most recent revision, on a PAL Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto