Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, Cyan
Remember long time ago, I talked about a modified 3-row-grid mode that looks squarish, with fewer on screen covers but are larger?
I now come up with a new idea that instead of modifying an existing mode, I insert a new "4th-row-grid mode". (note the "4th", not 4-rows).
Pressing down will now bring you from 1-row-grid mode to 2, 3 and then 4th

View attachment 1223View attachment 1224

Note how much bigger is the center cover in the new mode.
If you are OK with this idea and OK to implement this mode into future gx revisions, I can send you a test dol (still on older revision but I forget which - the svn is mid May this year!) and the source (only gui_gamegrid.cpp is involved.)
Hi, sorry I missed your post, but saw the one in googlecode. I like that "4th" option.
It's only available when there are 3 rows? or can the user use that "flat look" with 2 rows by pressing up/down too?
I'll check your sources.

I am not using Emulated Nand and am using GX Loader rev1204. I will try the newer revs first to see if problem persists.
1204 and 1205 shouldn't change the problem, there's no big changes (only gamecube related changes).

Garfunkiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I based this patch (it's a diff of the file, you have to compile it to actually use it) to NandEmu.cpp off postloader's code, which works with rev17's Nand emulation for Majora's Mask (and probably other problematic games). I also verified that d2x 8 still works with this change. Note that rev17 doesn't allow passing a path, so your emunand needs to be on the root of the SD card or hard drive.

Also note that IosLoader.cpp's IosLoader::IsD2X function needs to be changed for rev17 to be allowed as an option. For my tests, I simply stubbed it out with a "return true;" at the beginning, but obviously that's not the right solution.

Patch: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXRF84MlhlTXVtdUU

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Cyan said:
I like that "4th" option.
It's only available when there are 3 rows? or can the user use that "flat look" with 2 rows by pressing up/down too?
I'll check your sources.

Thanks
It is for 3 rows mode only, as I think the covers in the original 3 row mode is too small.
1 row or 2 row mode are big enough. But it should not be hard to adapt to. The most tedious job is figure out the positioning (variable Pos1 and Pos2)

Edit:
Oh, since there shouldn't be big change in position for 1/2 row mode, all you have to do is copy Pos1/2 to a new mode, line up the Y axis and set Skew1/2 to all zero. The rest to make changes to accommodate the new modes (or if you are lazy and don't mind replacing the original mode.... but I don't think that is a good idea since its kind of personal preferences)

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Dunno if here is the proper place to ask this. But is there some kind of list that tells the name of the game, and which base IOS they can work on?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks Garfunkiel and tswntk for your patches. I'll probably add them (after few checks and noobproof warnings).

gridattack: you can see the default IOS if you are using WiiBackupManager
But I don't know any full game list with that info.

LolDaktoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm using USB Loader GX Version 3.0 r1180, running it from the homebrew channel or the forwarder channel. When I check the credits via the forwarder channel it tells me I'm running USB Loader Gx Version 3.0 (Rev21000), I don't really understand that as r1180 is my current revision.

Anyways, here is my problem. I'm trying to manually update to the latest revision manually (r1207). This site lists r1207 as the latest revision (http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/list). So I read the thread, download the all-in-one package v3, place the boot.dol in the apps/usbloadergx folder, boot up the homebrew channel, open USB Loader GX and it still says I'm running (r1180).

So I guess my question is, how do I update to the latest revision (r1207) manually?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
r1180 is the Loader revision
21000 (are you sure?) is the currently loaded cIOS version (usually it's 21 + version of d2x, 21008 for example)

You could imagine that we are not releasing a new version on each little changes, and that "official" releases need to be bug-less and working correctly for newbies.
Before achieving this "stable" state, there are a lot of revisions which need testings and debugging done by beta testers.

The latest Stable revision is r1180 and was released as USBLoaderGX version 3.0
Since the 3.0 release, I'm adding things and providing beta version to beta testers to test things before end users can enjoy the loader without problem.
The latest beta revision is r1207

1207 is the "current work in progress", not an official release.

The main problem with beta version is that users who request and download it are NOT helping me back. they think they deserve it and it's a good version and that it's the one they HAVE to use.
But they forget that they should report back as beta testers! Even if it's working fine I would like to know it, but I hardly get reports of the beta tests, so I'm doing the testings myself but I can't test everything and can't guarantee that it's bugfree.
(After posting 1207fix I didn't get any answer telling me if the fix worked fine... nor reporting the tests I requested after having the fixed version... I'll do it myself)

Beta versions are available in the beta testing issue on google code website.

Reactions: atlanx

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
you can see the default IOS if you are using WiiBackupManager
But I don't know any full game list with that info.
Thanks. Ill try to see which IOS I am using with WBM :)

On an unrelated note, I tested NSMBW with the WBFS format and with USB loader GX.
The game loads fine and all, but when playing in a level, sometimes, the game seems to crash. Like I am normally playing in the level, when suddenly the music stops and I cant control my character anymore. The ingame sprites freeze after a while after this happened, but the sound effects is still there. And if I die by an enemy in this situation, the game freezes.

Is this some kind of HDD problem, or base IOS I am using for the game?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never heard this kind of problem with NSMB.
The game has an anti piracy protection, but the loader is patching it, and if it happens it's not freezing the game but giving you an error screen.

Which base IOS and cIOS version are you using?
Base 56 is a good one for almost all games.
You can also try base 38, but 56 should be fine.
Do not use base58 if not required

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I never heard this kind of problem with NSMB.
The game has an anti piracy protection, but the loader is patching it, and if it happens it's not freezing the game but giving you an error screen.

Which base IOS and cIOS version are you using?
Base 56 is a good one for almost all games.
You can also try base 38, but 56 should be fine.
Do not use base58 if not required

Im using this cIOS, installed with sciifii:

cIOS 249 2dx8 base 56 and 250 2dx8 base57

I have the 249 USB Loader GX.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Cyan, I have detected a problem with USB Loader GX and Dios Mios. I'm using GX revision 1207 (it happens in r1204 too) and Dios Mios 2.6: basically, if Pad Hook and Progressive Video Mode options are activated at the same time, I get a black screen after Dios Mios logo is shown, and no game is loaded. If Pad Hook option is disabled, the games are loaded fine at 480p.
Do you think is a GX related or Dios Mios related bug?

*If you need beta testers for the loader, I gladly could be one of them.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(After posting 1207fix I didn't get any answer telling me if the fix worked fine... nor reporting the tests I requested after having the fixed version... I'll do it myself)

Beta versions are available in the beta testing issue on google code website.
Cyan:
Please tell me what the fix fixed and I'll try to help you. You deserve no less.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the freezing issue with rock band 3 that comes from using emu NAND and DLC fixed? Meaning when I use full NAND emulation and download songs, it will freeze the next time the game tries loading the DLC. Or is it a cios issue?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im using this cIOS, installed with sciifii:
cIOS 249 2dx8 base 56 and 250 2dx8 base57, I have the 249 USB Loader GX.
v8 base56 should be fine. Which controller type are you using?*
is the Wiimote desynch/shutdown when it happens? Did you try another wiimote (a normal one, not wiimote+)?
Are you using cheat codes? or forcing a setting (video mode, etc.)?
Check if your ISO is clean, bu using WiiBackupManager Sha1 feature.

* I had problem with Classic controller disconnecting after some time on a friend's Wii. It could be related. Disconect/reconnect the CCPro to the Wiimote when it happens if the Wiimote is still synch. It happened in retail and homebrew, so it's not the cIOS. But the CC not pro worked fine.
The CCPro works fine on my Wii without being disconnected.

Hi Cyan, [...]. I'm using GX revision 1207 (it happens in r1204 too) and Dios Mios 2.6
Do you think is a GX related or Dios Mios related bug?
*If you need beta testers for the loader, I gladly could be one of them.
Did you try older DIOS MIOS(Lite) versions?
I'll test myself to see if I have the same problem too.
Thank you for offering to be beta tester, just check the beta thread in googlecode issue tab, when there is a new build I often tell which tests I'm waiting, and stay on IRC channel (I'm offten iddle, but if I see activity I can participate and provide builds).
It's easier to have the tester in live than waiting for an answer on a forum.

Cyan:
Please tell me what the fix fixed and I'll try to help you. You deserve no less.
I wanted testing with GameCube multiDisc installation.
If discs are correctly recognized as Disc2, if the second disc is correctly going into the existing disc1 folder and not into his own, if it correctly detects when there is one of the disc in extracted form (fst, it's called "compressed" in GX. I don't like that name). Test if it correctly install in the selected device (selecting SD, does it install on USB because it detected the Disc1 is on USB?). in fact all combination you can think of ;)
I will add a warning when the user try to install a Disc2 in a path when the Disc1 is already in the other path, he will have to choose to continue or install in the existing folder.
(I like making it noobproof...Lot of annoying messages and warning, but it's better than users not understanding why it doesn't work)

Is the freezing issue with rock band 3 that comes from using emu NAND and DLC fixed? Meaning when I use full NAND emulation and download songs, it will freeze the next time the game tries loading the DLC. Or is it a cios issue?
I don't have any music games. I don't know if it's cIOS related or not. Did you try with another loader?
I can give you a build with rev17 EmuNAND support (thanks to Garfunkiel), but there are limitations compared to d2x features.

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the latest d2x cios. Saving and loading from SD card is fine but that has nothing to do with USB NAND though. I saw other threads on here mentioning the problem but it wasn't clear about the problem. The only other loader I have or use is cfg loader. I haven't got emu NAND setup on it so I haven't tried it. I can't figure out how to change its NAND location. I'll work with it and see if it work.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted testing with GameCube multiDisc installation.
If discs are correctly recognized as Disc2, if the second disc is correctly going into the existing disc1 folder and not into his own, if it correctly detects when there is one of the disc in extracted form (fst, it's called "compressed" in GX. I don't like that name). Test if it correctly install in the selected device (selecting SD, does it install on USB because it detected the Disc1 is on USB?). in fact all combination you can think of ;)
I will add a warning when the user try to install a Disc2 in a path when the Disc1 is already in the other path, he will have to choose to continue or install in the existing folder.
(I like making it noobproof...Lot of annoying messages and warning, but it's better than users not understanding why it doesn't work)
OK. I think I still have the MGS discs. If I have them, I'll do some installation tests for you, after the other tests I PM'd you about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1